Dad's very sick..........

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals..............

My Dad (in-law) is very ill right now....He has cancer that has gone metastatic, and this morning a lot of swelling has set in.....He can't walk, and the Doc's say his kidney's are on the way out.

He's a tough bird, and has always been fascinated by the work he's seen me do on the old Mopars.......This guy can fix anything, and is a better fabricator than I am......(I'm a fabricating NUT, but he can make anything out of practically nothing....amazing guy).

For those of you who have faith, I'd like to ask that you pray he'll be spared this pain he's in........I know there's a lot of suffering on the planet, and we're nothing special as far as what's common to man........BUT, I don't want him to suffer like Mom did.......Just heartbreaking. I want him to just go peacefully, and to know that all is well.

Thanks for the prayers............... Doc & Mary Ann / Trademark Classics

I hope the best for your father and I will pray for him and your family as well. David

I hope he hangs in there, he sounds like a good man. Prayer sent!

my dad past away 2 years ago from pancreatic cancer,it was a painful process. there isn't a day that goes by without thinking of him. our prayers go out to you and yours.

All any of us can hope for is a quiet, painless, and peaceful passing. My mom was lucky enough to have been in hospice where they do what they can to make everyone....... as "comfortable" as possible

If it's his time, I hope he will be as comfortable as possible. And I hope it will be as comfortable as possible for you and your family

Im new here abouts, but I definately will send a prayer to the Almighty that His will be done. Peace to you .

LL

Sometimes its tough to be the strong ones because the lord will only give us as much as we can handle. This means our burden will be more. There will be glory on the other side though. Heres a prayer for a peaceful passing. I will say a prayer for you and your family as you will be the ones in need. Death is harder on the living.May the Lord give you the strength you need in this troubling time.

They took Dad to the Hospice facility to monitor his kidney condition.....If they can't get control of it, he has to transfer to the VA Hospital........That's gonna upset him........He has been very outspoken about the lack of funding and decent equipment at the local VA.......The last thing I'd want is for him to feel abandoned to a facility that lacks good care............especially after he gave so many years fighting in North Africa in WW2.......He's told many a story about how hard it was and the sacrifices they had to make for our country..............

We're hoping for better.....I hope they've improved the conditions.........Thanks for the prayers and support.

Tom, your father-in-law and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. This hits so close to home for me. My father passed away at the age of 46 from cancer (I was just 16). Reading what you had to say gave me chills because I remember like it was yesterday how it was at the end. Not wanting to lose him so badly and yet finding myself praying that he not suffer anymore. I wish all of you as much peace as is humanly possible right now.

Doc and Mary Ann ... I know nothing I can say will make this time any easier for you both, but keep in mind that a willing ear and strong shoulder are only a phone call away. If you need anything, I'm here.

September 21 will be two years since my dad succumbed to cancer, and it's still hard to bear even though I know he's in a better place now. All three of you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My prayers will go out for him and you and Mary Ann.
I pray that a blessed Dr can see this and help him in this painful time.
it sounds like you have been blest to have him in your life pastortom1.
I know that this will be a hard time for the hole family he has been there for
for many years. God bless you and your family and may your Dad inlaw get a miracle sent his way I pray.

Sorry to hear that. You & your family are in our prayers tonight.

My prayers will be with you and your whole family in this time of need. I almost lost my father in law due to a motorcycle crash ( with a deer ). And I've lost a Grandfather-in-law due to cancer, He was a Great man who did amazing things in his life.... I wish I could have known him better, However God desided it was his time to come home. Spend every possible minute you can with him and make the most of it. God controles Kismet ( fait ), he also controles the timeimg of every event. When it's his time to go, God will take him (Home).
We will all be blessed to see each other again one day.

Thanks for all the concern and prayers guys........Dad's at Hospice, and slipping pretty fast now. I just want his pain to be over.

Again, thanks. Doc & Mary Ann

Doc, I have prayed for his pain and suffering to go away. When his time comes for him to leave this world, please remember all the good that he has accomplished in his life. Also remember all the good times.

I lost both my parents within a 9 months of each other. Dad at 89 and mom at 86. Both were sudden. We figured out that my mom did not have anybody to antagonize so she chased after dad.

-
Back