Damn I feel like a complete fool

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yesterday I lost a set of keys. I always carry two sets. This one had no fob or other ID. I figured they might be in the house somewhere.

Tonight went out and the door was ajar on the hated 95 Olds. I'm pretty religious about locking things up so "it makes me wonder."

Did I screw up, or did someone find these and successfully "wonder" what they fit? Battery is dead in the Olds, the door has been open long enough.

I did go out and pull the ECM / pump fuses on the White Whale and the Olds. This does no good, though, if someone knows now what they fit, as they have "the keys to the kingdom." Meaning the house and all the sheds, etc

Have a dog?
Got a gun?
Change locks tomorrow.

They will show up. Somewhere stupid.

Have a dog?
Got a gun?
Change locks tomorrow.

No dog.

"I ain't as good a shot as I used ta be, but I'm still good enough to hit YOU" LOL

This was my recent course qualifying target. I have "the old" Idaho permit, they have a "new improved" "Enhanced" permit and I just finished the course for that

Attachments

• _MG_7750rcs.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 593
My youngest son say's you don't need to be a good shot with his favorite.

Attachments

• target.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 566
No dog.

"I ain't as good a shot as I used ta be, but I'm still good enough to hit YOU" LOL

This was my recent course qualifying target. I have "the old" Idaho permit, they have a "new improved" "Enhanced" permit and I just finished the course for that

Works for me! I'll call before I get into town and come out the cars with my hands up.

Make sure that everything's locked up tight, then look for signs of "tampering" after that.

You need to be sure that it's something before you drive yourself crazy thinking, "what if?"

what I would do if this was me, I would charge the battery for the olds and leave the door open

leave it open for however long it took for you to notice it was open after you lost your keys and check up on the battery
if it is not dead that will give you piece of mind that your the one who left it open

if it is dead, that still doesn't prove anything but I would take the safety off ;)

Well here's what I'm going to do.

change the two deadbolts on the doors, they are not really expensive. Unfortunately that will turn into TWO keys per door, but oh, well

Buy another set of keyed-alike padlocks, and if the keys ever turn up, I'll have LOTS of padlocks LOL

And, put a pump relay switch in the car. I'm not going to change the locks in the damn thing.

On the pickup, I already had bought but not installed a new column lock, as the old one is pretty worn out. So, time to change it.

Probbllllleee lookin at a hundred-150 bucks. "I didn't really" need to spend that but since I haven't found the others I guess it's cheap insurance

Well just finished up "as far as it went."

Replaced front / rear door knobs and deadbolts, and bought a dozen new keyed alike padlocks, about 135 bucks at HD.

Later, will put the new column lock in the White Whale.

So far as the Olds, I will make a fuel pump interrupt permanent, which I've actually intended to do for some time.

"The way things go" I'll prolly find those keys in "a few years."

I lost a set for the 6 years I was in the Navy. In the fall of 67, they tried to draft my ***. I was called into Spokaloo for a physical, and signed up for the Navy. So a bit later I had to go into Spokaloo AGAIN to take my Navy physical, in the middle of a raging blizzard at about 5F. Got up about 2AM, had to be in Spokamentro at 7AM. Could NOT find the keys to my 1960 Ferd Falcoon with the eight--eee--five hp, 144 cid 'six' with the 1bbl Holley and GLASS float bowl.

No problem, just hot wired it. (On a side not the heater sometimes plugged up---it did--and I got to drive about 160 miles round trip with no heat)

So when I get out of the Navy in 74, I was cleanin out my old "ham shack" at Mom and Dad's and there, under a pile of junk, been there for more than 6 years!!! were my old car keys!!!

mhhh, when I was going through the 360 I put in my duster I found a set of keys wedged in between the valve cover and the carb
any chance they might have been yours?

We need to talk... :D :D :D

LMAO, same here. Sorry to hear Del, I HATE losing ****, but always seems to end up that way. Now what is driving me insane is random "desitinesia"....I get to where Im going and wonder what the hell I was doing...destinesia

LMAO, same here. Sorry to hear Del, I HATE losing ****, but always seems to end up that way. Now what is driving me insane is random "desitinesia"....I get to where Im going and wonder what the hell I was doing...destinesia

Well this IS a true story

One day I was talking to my friend, and I look down at the table and there is my EMPTY cell phone holster. I look around and said "DAMN!!".

He said, "what's matter?"

I said, "Well, there's my cell holster I can't find the phone."

His retort: "How many do ya need, YOU ARE TALKIN TO ME ON ONE OF THEM!!!"

Now since you have changed everything, you will find your keys.

Hope so. We can add another 50 bucks to the total, LOL. I just got back from HD and bought two more cards of keyed alike locks. I'm losing count. I think I have 20 locks, all same key LMAO

Well this IS a true story

One day I was talking to my friend, and I look down at the table and there is my EMPTY cell phone holster. I look around and said "DAMN!!".

He said, "what's matter?"

I said, "Well, there's my cell holster I can't find the phone."

His retort: "How many do ya need, YOU ARE TALKIN TO ME ON ONE OF THEM!!!"

LMAO! You need to make an extra complete set and up them to a friend to hold onto. NOT a geriatric tho.....no offense LOL
I have a shitload of keys I have NO idea what they are for, other than I used to need them at one point or another. Damned keys....either losing them or hoarding the fn things. Want my "extras"??

Exactly the case with me. Same deal on a lost wallet - by the time I get all the credit cards cancelled etc, I find it in some oddball place that I left it.

-
Back