Damn Skunks!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
They/It just nailed my dog again. Damn it! I got her washed with the super duper skunk recipe but she's still rank. :violent1::banghead::banghead::violent1:

Just put a clothes pin on your nose, you will be alright.....Sorry Joe. How many times has she been nailed?

Yup,sounds like what my wife and kids use on our little angels...overly nosey dogs.I feel for ya!

And can I ask, this happed 4 times in 3 years with your dog in your house? In your yard?
Or with your dog running free where ever he wants?

I have outside dawgs that are free to roam around out here in the country. The older female wolfdog seems to always have a hint of skunk on her. I kind of suspect she thinks it is perfume which is funny cause aa wild wolf is not supposed to attack skunks yet I have seen many dead ones on display out in the yard.

They also may use the stink as a defense against the little flying bugs that sem to swarm around their eyes. I noticed that my youngest (a canaan dog) had the swarmy bugs and after a little "fragrance" they were gone.

But yeah, it stinks. I have heard tomato juice works.

My mom and dad always used the tomato recipe on their pomeranian. Damn dog got nailed every time it turned around. To dumb to let well enough alone. Always seemed to happen in the early morning when my dad would let it before going to work so it could go do it's duty. He always left the door open a little ways so the dog would come back in when it was done. My mom is in bed sleeping and here comes Fido running full steam ahead and jumps in bed with skunk all over himself. Well, you could here my mom yell a block away cussing her precious little yap dog. They finally started leaving the door closed and if the dog smelled of skunk then he got the special bath treatment outside. To funny.

My dad had the same issue and wanted to dispose of them until he caught one eating a ground hornet nest. He had a few altercations with the ground hornets as well, so the skunks are now ok and he just deals with it.

Maxi got sprayed again!!!:banghead:
Let me do some research :-k and see what can be dun
to detour skunks from coming around your home :-|
The only time I see them is on the road (road kill)
awaiting a crow to feast on them.

Yup,sounds like what my wife and kids use on our little angels...overly nosey dogs.I feel for ya!

I'd have thought she would've figured this out by now, but she just doesn't like any other creatures hanging out in her yard... :sign6:

poor girl

Yeah, she had pawed her lips red when I got home last night.. She's miserable.

I have outside dawgs that are free to roam around out here in the country. The older female wolfdog seems to always have a hint of skunk on her. I kind of suspect she thinks it is perfume which is funny cause aa wild wolf is not supposed to attack skunks yet I have seen many dead ones on display out in the yard.

They also may use the stink as a defense against the little flying bugs that sem to swarm around their eyes. I noticed that my youngest (a canaan dog) had the swarmy bugs and after a little "fragrance" they were gone.

But yeah, it stinks. I have heard tomato juice works.

The mixture worked great on her coat, but this skunk seems to be an older, experienced expert marksman that nailed her with a head shot. I don't want to get this stuff in her eyes or mouth, so I had to be careful.

My mom and dad always used the tomato recipe on their pomeranian. Damn dog got nailed every time it turned around. To dumb to let well enough alone. Always seemed to happen in the early morning when my dad would let it before going to work so it could go do it's duty. He always left the door open a little ways so the dog would come back in when it was done. My mom is in bed sleeping and here comes Fido running full steam ahead and jumps in bed with skunk all over himself. Well, you could here my mom yell a block away cussing her precious little yap dog. They finally started leaving the door closed and if the dog smelled of skunk then he got the special bath treatment outside. To funny.

It's funny a month after... :cheers:

Again? My dog learned her lesson the first time. LOL

Crazy, isn't it? Merlin learned after getting blasted this winter, but Maxi is a stubborn *****.

My dad had the same issue and wanted to dispose of them until he caught one eating a ground hornet nest. He had a few altercations with the ground hornets as well, so the skunks are now ok and he just deals with it.

Interesting.... I've been seeing some digging going on around my concrete driveway. I wonder if thne skunk is finding some sort of insect treats?

Hmm.. thought this was an old post dredged up again. ;)

Grant

Lol, Dejavu' Grant!

Lol sorry to hear that. I only laugh because ive been there

I was outside in the garage putting a coat of primer on the welding bench I just got when Maxi jumped up and ran out to the side between the fence and garage. No bark, no warning she just hauled ***. A few seconds later she came running back and flopped down on the driveway, pawing at her face and eyes and there came the smell.... :banghead:

Maxi got sprayed again!!!:banghead:
Let me do some research :-k and see what can be dun
to detour skunks from coming around your home :-|
The only time I see them is on the road (road kill)
awaiting a crow to feast on them.

Yeah Mike, she just doesn't learn. I think I really need to fortify the fence with cinderblock running all around the fence line. That skunk might've just been peeking around the corner to see what the paint smell was all about.

Just maybe!! I don't know first hand how well these work

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbb-_lgDjWE"]Yard Gard Electronic Pest Repeller - YouTube[/ame]

If you have a building they can get under this does work!! for sure

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_JUc2W54s"]Keep Skunks Away Christopher James Unsolicited Advice - YouTube[/ame]

I have (and I am sure you have) built a simple box trap, Made to catch Rabbits, but I remember catching more skunks then Rabbits, it sounds like you have a family of skunks near by so this would be another way to get rid of the pests family one at a time ..

Just maybe!! I don't know first hand how well these work

Yard Gard Electronic Pest Repeller - YouTube

If you have a building they can get under this does work!! for sure

Keep Skunks Away Christopher James Unsolicited Advice - YouTube

I have (and I am sure you have) built a simple box trap, Made to catch Rabbits, but I remember catching more skunks then Rabbits, it sounds like you have a family of skunks near by so this would be another way to get rid of the pests family one at a time ..

Excellent ideas Mike! I'm going to try the ammonia trick....

Was this taken on your porch?

Attachments

• skunk.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 157
And can I ask, this happed 4 times in 3 years with your dog in your house? In your yard?
Or with your dog running free where ever he wants?

Had my golden on a run,(many years ago)you know a cable with a pulley.She was sprayed by a skunk.Stunk like hell but nothing like the smell of cat piss/crap in the mulch every morning when I leave for work.

I've looked online and saw that mothballs work as a repellant. Also a concoction of an onion, jalapeno, both chopped and boiled. Spray it around where you think they may be. The ammonia, what I read, was to be poured into a jar with holes in the lid then dropped into the hole where you think they are. Find a hole and use flour to see what the tracks look like. I looked for skunk repellant online. Good luck!

-
Back