Damn Tree huggers and oil prices

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
Subj: Fwd: Better be sitting down....LL

Why does the GOV. want us to pay outrageous gas prices when we have such huge resources? Seems like we could put a lot of people to work mining these great energy sources and regain our prosperity.

Subject: OIL---you better be sitting down when you read this ! !

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information :
About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.
"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.
"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!
U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:
- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States ....

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:
Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices - by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.
Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book.

By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

C'mon already - DRILL IT! Gas in Venesuala (sp?) is around $0.15 a gal because they have their own supply! Look what China is doing with rare-earth minerals, the rest of the world is using "the Great Experiment" against us! Time for a little free-market smack-down!

Sorry, a little too much coffee this morning.

I had read an article a couple of years ago in Mopar Collectors Guide. It stated that Oil could be a renewable resource. There are studies that may indicate that oil is a byproduct from the earths crust. It cited a previous oil field in the Gulf, along with Saudi oil fields that new discoveries had been found. This new found oil wasn't as old as the previous that was there. In fact, it came after the dinosaur age. Quite interesting, & now here comes these facts as well.
I have always been told that we do have plenty of resources, but don't have the capacity to refine it.
Now think about this. What would this do to the PROFITS of big oil, if all of sudden it is found that oil is a renewable resource? We have been told over & over again that we are running out. With this in mind, why are we not aggressive toward finding alternate fuel sources.
It also seems that the reason that we can't pursue this, is because there is always a small minority group (tree huggers) holding us back. I don't believe it. I think big Oil likes these groups, it helps keep the profits up. It plays well into their hands.
Have you ever noticed the USA, with the help of big buisness, can go to war with any country in the world, buy we can't defeat a small minority group of fanatics on our own soil.
I for one would like to be non-dependant on other countries for our resources, it seems to be the right thing to do.
America needs to become an exported instead of an imported.

From purely a strategic stand point is it far better to use up others oil and keep your own for later use.

The OP neglects one of the most important facts. There is a lot of oil it is significantly more expensive to extract. Saudi Arabia can pump oil for between $5 and $10 a barrel for their cost to get it out of the ground. That oil under the rockies is in shale and is not cheap to extract. The only way we begin extracting it is if the cost of crude oil increases significantly to make it cost effective. We aren't running out of oil we are running out of cheap oil. There is a difference.

It all boils down to dependicy on government. They want to regulate everything so that we have to depend on them. Also greed you would be surpprised how many polititions either own or have stock in oil. No matter how you slice it , its all political. I was told by aguy in the know that there isn't a oil shortage, there is a refinery shortage. I found this to be true as we don't have that many refineries across the country and a couple of them were damaged by hericanes. The department of Ecology i beleave regulaters the operation of refineries. This country just simply can't keep up with the demands for fuel. So yes it goes back to being inthe hands of the tree hugger. ( Don't even get me started on Ethenal)

I'm sure it is not easy (maybe not even as plentiful) as the OP suggests, but there is oil under America, much of it under National Parks. I love trees, turtles and owls as much as the next guy, but there has to come a time to use what we have rather than buy it from other countries. I'm not complaining about $5 a gallon gas, but what about $15 a gallon. What about when the weekly fuel bill becomes 75% of your take-home pay? What about people who can't aford to heat their homes in the winter? There comes a time when we have to decide what is more important, untouched forrestland or forrestland with an oil-well on it. I'm sure the oilfields in Alaska made an environmental impact, but we still have snow, polar bears and reindeer, right?

Heard a news report on ABC that stated $3.00 per gallon will be considered a bargain by spring. It's 3.08 here in Macon, Ga. today.

China has cornered the market on rare earth minerals used to make electric car batteries (among other things) and they are in a trade spat with Japan, who makes most of these batteries, so the cost of electric cars is going up, up, up. In short, oil companies will raise the price to whatever we will pay.

We have been paying over $130 a litre over here in west oz for ages,you guys have got it good compared to us.we've got plenty of oil rigs here getting a lot of oil out for years too.

The other night some news article reported that the U.S. IS ACTUALLY EXPORTING GASOLINE!!!!

U.S. thinking when every one else is out of oil we will have so much we will dominate the world. LOL really we are just stupid.
3.23 here going over 4 this summer.

the problem with the oil in the northern US and canada (there is no dispute that it is there or that it is the largest oil reserve in the world) the problem is separating it from the ground, unlike the oil reserves in the middle east, texas, alaska, and other places this oil can not just be pumped out of the ground, it needs to be separated a difficult and very expensive process

back in the 70's when Jim Walter started these underground coal mines around here the Japanese were buying all the highest grade met coal. They were taking it over there and dumping it in the gulf to preserve it until we run out over here then they will load it back up and sell it back to us for 100 times what they bought it for. Just a smart investment for them. When I was in school China made the statement that they would defeat the US without ever firing a shot. Looks like it is playing out just as they planned. Sad but true. IMHO big oil caused this recession we are in now by jacking the prices up and the trickle down effect caused everything else to go up except wages.

back in the 70's when Jim Walter started these underground coal mines around here the Japanese were buying all the highest grade met coal. They were taking it over there and dumping it in the gulf to preserve it until we run out over here then they will load it back up and sell it back to us for 100 times what they bought it for. Just a smart investment for them. When I was in school China made the statement that they would defeat the US without ever firing a shot. Looks like it is playing out just as they planned. Sad but true. IMHO big oil caused this recession we are in now by jacking the prices up and the trickle down effect caused everything else to go up except wages.

the rich get richer
and everyone else suffers

Just cut down all the trees: nothing to hug. YOU WIN!

Meanwhile, we sit on our hands while China takes the lead on energy alternatives. Cripes.

U.S. thinking when every one else is out of oil we will have so much we will dominate the world. LOL really we are just stupid.
3.23 here going over 4 this summer.

Yea well thats not going to happen in our life time. Yes we are stupid. Do you realize that if everyone walked or road bikes for just one week that they would be so backed up the prices would come down. Its happened before.

-
Back