Damper, should I replace?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, two questions that have me thinking too much.

See pictures below, is it time to replace the damper? I can get a professional products for 95 dlls. Will I see any improvements over the stock (if the stock is still good)?

Attachments

• IMAG0403.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0402.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0404.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG0405.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 149
Better safe than sorry.I,d replace it cause it looks like it wouldn,t last long before possibly doing damage.Improvement?Would be piece of mind,knowing your dampners not gonna come apart in the middle of nowhere.LOL

If you opt to replace, use an SFI rated part because they built better and do not have the rubber piece like stocks do.

I'd replace it. But I'd ONLY use an SFI unit. I used 10 Pro Products and the sho pI was with used many more with no failures. I had one slip so I figured I'd change suppliers. Used 1 Pro Street (same non-SFI one Hughes, Mancini, and Summit sell. Had it slip and I had eat the majority of a brand new engine for a customer. So from now on, the on-SFI cheap imported **** can stay on someone else's shelf. I don't expect the SFI to be great, but it they have a much better track record than the non-SFI or stock replacement.

Thanks guys, I got a Pro Products 80012, regular Elastomer type damper because the SFI version was 100 dlls more, got it for $95. Since I won't be racing much, if any once a year, I'll be better off using the cash to finish something elsewhere on the car, thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0409.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 94
-
Back