Dan the Man cars ?

-

Workingdog1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Curious how much time others spend time just looking at Ebay, Craig's, Bringa a . . . Etc.

73 Duster $ 18,900

72 Dart $ 19,995

69 Dart $ 97,000

Curious how much time others spend time just looking at Ebay, Craig's, Bringa a . . . Etc.

73 Duster $ 18,900

72 Dart $ 19,995

69 Dart $ 97,000
63 Dart wagon $ 12,500

There'll be something wrong with um all. He doesn't really want a car. He's just dickin everybody around. I was done with that guy a long time ago.

Do we even know what the budget is?

I'd think for 15K something solid should turn up.

I've got a lead on a 15K solid, unmolested car that fits criteria on my list.

...but I've been looking for 5 years for an example of this model.

It's a little too far away, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

q
I thought I'd seen in one of his posts $ 22,000 which.seems enough to find a decent driver.
I was working out of town, moteling it wasting time on Craig's and stumbled on a 64 Dart that drove, price was perfect for myself as wouldn't have to wash and who cares if you're sitting on springs. Paid cash next day, went to DMV and registered. The car was within a few miles of motel and I couldn't believe it as I'd kept looking for Damn near any 2 Door pre 75 Chev, possibly Ferd ( gave up on Mopar ) that would drive for under $ 5,000 for close to 20 years.

Find something and live with it nothing is perfect on my budget.

Came home on Friday, turned around with brother in law* Saturday and drove it home with fingers crossed. Hit over a 100 on 2 lane downhill and was happier then a pig in **** before thought to slow down.

359.jpeg

364.jpeg

I blocked him.
I'm sure it's coming.
Meanwhile, I bought the Dart in '17 and subsequently attended a car show 6 miles from home. Was going to meet ol' lady and Mother in law* at the annual Catholic rummage sale and leaned it over ( the Dart ) a bit too much and . . .
of course it's making racket. Went to the sale, browsed, found the ladies and informed them of my plight. Limped home the mile or so and parked.

Some few months later fired up and with a 2nd set of ears that worked we're hoping lifter drivers side. With work, life, other vehicles to deal with the Dart was the least of my worries. Many a visitor, delivery man inquired about status etc. . .

Meanwhile, gathered a few small parts and no short term goal or budget when wham ! Hear an ad on Tradio for an Estate Sale over the next weekend. I had to miss the 1st day due to a meeting but called before and looked briefly at a D 100.

I called on the trip back and there were lowball offers on the truck and was still available. I made arrangements to meet Sunday morning and bought a few dollars worth of goods and took a long hard look at it. Talked to the kids about it and their Dad's dealer.

Offered a $ 100 less than asking so I felt I got a deal. They put it on trailer with 3 flats when the check cleared and towed it to a local shop.

Meanwhile, we'll get to the Dart later. Next up The Buick.

Life doesn't get any better, after the divorce in '11 and much searching during The Great Recession I closed escrow Xmas Eve of '12 on the house. After working out of town for 6 years I started on the Dam Job 6 miles from home and 1 stop sign.
I'd purchased the D 100, it's out of the shop, my oldest son is now an apprentice working with me we're having lunch listening to Tradio and wham ! Sixty something Buick is mentioned on air.

I call and the gal is up the road from me. I go look and it's not 60 something but '95 Roadmaster dead battery but garaged. Went the next day and her ranch/handyman had charged battery and were off to the races. I might have left $$$ on the table but she accepted my offer. I've had to put tires, an EGR, and an electric fan setup on it but it's become my all time number 4 or 5 favorite of all time.

They're going up in value every day. I wouldn't even think about selling Vixen until someone got around the $12,500 area. Even with all the body work left she needs. It's not much. She's very solid transportation.

They're going up in value every day. I wouldn't even think about selling Vixen until someone got around the $12,500 area. Even with all the body work left she needs. It's not much. She's very solid transportation.
I get that. I'm into the '61 D 100 for about $ 5,500 with shop labor 59,000 on Ol' Blu.
Just under $ 5,000 on Yung Blu '64 Dart and should fire up soon and break something else lmao.

Looking hard at '75 CJ5 304 locally and may test drive today.

It's a disease and apparently Dan is not inflicted.

There'll be something wrong with um all. He doesn't really want a car. He's just dickin everybody around. I was done with that guy a long time ago.

Me too. He criticized a post that I was showing guys how easy it was to make a repair. I could tell right then he didn’t do much himself.

Secretly I think its the Mustang guys having a troll laugh on us.......but Im a bit paranoid at times.

From what I'm understanding Dan is a little critical on models, condition and price. The more you want in perfection the more $$$ of course.

Glad that Cuda not in my hood. ; )
He will look at it and say "too far" Car says LV but if you read the text and look at the pics......location? Indiana. Oh, and no AC, so no go.

That Barracuda is NICE.

I want that!

I think the subject wants a 70-72/73/74, but not a beak Dart.

Last edited:
-
Back