Dan the Man cars ?

-
I don't want to take away from the theme here on this thread!!!! BUT I have found even on FABO there are a lot of members with old cars other than Mopar! I bought my first old AMC 2 years ago and my first old Ford other week. I draw the line at GM! hahahahaha But I love learning about new thigs even at my advanced age. My 64 Comet share a lot of parts with Mustang and Falcon and the general cost of those parts are pennies on the 4 to Mopar.

Like already said, Dan will have to maybe extend his search area and be willing to compromise on some of his wishes.

I will say this too, IF a car comes up for sale here, and it has an audience, and the price is GOOD, it is gone in a day or two.
Overpriced junk stays for sale forever or just a pinch shorter!
I've looked on here as well and most of the cars are project cars and there's nothing wrong with that. Just my opinion, but I think that a car with close to a 30k price shouldn't need any body work and I've seen a couple on here

I'm going to expand my search area and I may have to do without ac. I can always have it added later on

We all know there are a lot of Mopars out there for sale, from sorry projects to extreme $ builds.
It take a lot of letting your fingers strole thru the computer and being willing to travel or have a car delivered.
It is SO MUCH easier than before the puter! But anyone a still GET SCREWED by old car buying!
I only buy projets and I still an find some decent cars for fair prices, BUT they are few and far between and never less than 5-6 hours away.
I have been building Mopars sinc emid 80s but I bought my first FORD a few week ago. My wallet feels better alreay! I know..shoot my worthless old ***!
You can do more to a Ford with the same amount of money spent on a mopar. They built more Ford mustang's than the A bodies

I've looked on here as well and most of the cars are project cars and there's nothing wrong with that. Just my opinion, but I think that a car with close to a 30k price shouldn't need any body work and I've seen a couple on here
There are plenty out there that have $25-30,000 in their car and want that back out. But it does NOT always work that way. Depends on what it is and how nice or what it still needs.

I inquired about a $15,000 price tag pretty decent driver type project other day that had been for sale here about 2 months. He then dropped the price to $4500. I had decided maybe $4500 was maybe more right. $3000 bought it.

I just saw a clean looking 74 Dart , 318, Auto, factory AC in Oregon for asking price 14 grand
You have to realise if your budget is 22 your looking at a 19 thousand dollar car after you figure transportation costs for you and the car plus a inspection and whatever else
From what you have written the only deal breaker would be the car has to be automatic and a solid rust free body
Reality is if you find that much every thing else shouldn't be a make or break
I dont think any member should be put down because he cant afford a hobby car but being up front is necessary also
Even though we've been down this road before again if you have the funds right now available, are willing to travel, you should be able to find a decent solid driver, not a show car, not a GTS or muscle car, but a good solid A body
Personally id be willing to take a 4 door if the car was original and nice shape
It may need a few things but thats to be expected

I just saw a clean looking 74 Dart , 318, Auto, factory AC in Oregon for asking price 14 grand
You have to realise if your budget is 22 your looking at a 19 thousand dollar car after you figure transportation costs for you and the car plus a inspection and whatever else
From what you have written the only deal breaker would be the car has to be automatic and a solid rust free body
Reality is if you find that much every thing else shouldn't be a make or break
I dont think any member should be put down because he cant afford a hobby car but being up front is necessary also
Even though we've been down this road before again if you have the funds right now available, are willing to travel, you should be able to find a decent solid driver, not a show car, not a GTS or muscle car, but a good solid A body
Personally id be willing to take a 4 door if the car was original and nice shape
It may need a few things but thats to be expected

I’d fly out there and look at it. If it sucked I’d fly home.

If it was what I wanted I drive it back home. Spend a few hundred bucks on some HF tools (which you'd still have to use when you got home), make sure I had AAA or some other towing service and make a vacation out of it.

My buddy bought a 73 Duster that had been sitting for years. He towed it home, dropped a 4 barrel carb and intake on it and made it run.

Several months later he needed to move, so I flew to California to help him. We loaded up that Duster so much it was almost doing a wheelie. It looked like the Clampetts loaded it up. Loaded the rest of his junk up in his Durango and headed north to Washington.

I did tune it up before we left. But that thing never missed a beat, got 16 MPG fully overloaded and performed flawlessly.

We stopped in Oregon at his parents place to stay the night. Hi mom was panicked it would break down. I laughed and said that car was more reliable than the Jeep she was driving.

Its still going today, except it has a 340 in it, a manual shift 904 with a 9.5 inch PTC converter and 3.92 gears.

I‘d have no fear jumping in that car and driving back to California or even across the country in it right now.

^^^^ I agree. The most fun I have ever had with my pants on, was flying from Mo. to Oakland, Ca and buying a great 67 383 Cuda and driving it back about '95 or so. One way plane ticket at $100 and $6500 for the Cuda.

I’d fly out there and look at it. If it sucked I’d fly home.

If it was what I wanted I drive it back home. Spend a few hundred bucks on some HF tools (which you'd still have to use when you got home), make sure I had AAA or some other towing service and make a vacation out of it.

My buddy bought a 73 Duster that had been sitting for years. He towed it home, dropped a 4 barrel carb and intake on it and made it run.

Several months later he needed to move, so I flew to California to help him. We loaded up that Duster so much it was almost doing a wheelie. It looked like the Clampetts loaded it up. Loaded the rest of his junk up in his Durango and headed north to Washington.

I did tune it up before we left. But that thing never missed a beat, got 16 MPG fully overloaded and performed flawlessly.

We stopped in Oregon at his parents place to stay the night. Hi mom was panicked it would break down. I laughed and said that car was more reliable than the Jeep she was driving.

Its still going today, except it has a 340 in it, a manual shift 904 with a 9.5 inch PTC converter and 3.92 gears.

I‘d have no fear jumping in that car and driving back to California or even across the country in it right now.
Right On, That's the Spirit! And part of the Fun!

-
Back