Dan the Man cars ?

-
Haha. I'm quietly coviding in my basement so what better to do than buy another car?
Go for it. You only live once. Price is right? The value of our A bodies keep rising. I won't say these cars are big money makers but if you buy smart you won't get hurt down the road when you decide to thin the herd.

Actually not. A 273 or a Poly would be perfect. Nothing wrong with a 361 or a bonus 383. I don't need a big wedge or can afford one. It would take all the fun out of it for me. I want to be able to drive it especially to car shows a few hours away. Both of mine get almost 20 mpg on the highway. Both cars have been to shows 4+ hours from home. Try that with a original Max Wedge or even a clone without a trailer. No thanks.
Yeah that makes sense. I had a 383 68 Coronet/ 4 Speed it was a Magnum, but I took it up a little further than that. 383 would be a doggone good motor for you as a bonus

65 Coronet is next on my must have list.
65 Coronet's were on my favorites list for years. I turned down a few nice original cars because all of a sudden the 64's turned favorite. Damn old Mopars!!!!!!!!!!!

65 Coronet's were on my favorites list for years. I turned down a few nice original cars because all of a sudden the 64's turned favorite. Damn old Mopars!!!!!!!!!!!
Just something about the tail lights and the sail panel... such a great body style!

Yeah that makes sense. I had a 383 68 Coronet/ 4 Speed it was a Magnum, but I took it up a little further than that. 383 would be a doggone good motor for you as a bonus
I can just see a 64 Dodge with a 273 under the hood dressed like a 235 horse engine. Nothing better looking than a 273-4 barrel. Here's under the hood of my 66.

engine 296.jpg

Last edited:
65 Coronets do look killer, I did the 65 Plymouth though too. I got a t-shirt with one of them with a supercharged Hemi pulling a wheel stand! Probably as close as I'll ever come to owning one of those things unfortunately

Wow, that sounds like fun. Mine is just a 273/4, 833, 8 3/4 SG. All original parts. @Dan the man, I had my heart set on a 64 Dart but found this one not too far away and just had to pull the trigger. I bought it in 04' and have been having a great time with it for 19 years. Note: not the perfect car for me originally.
Picture of the dart?

I'm not worried about the car being a number matching car, that's why I said that it could have a 318 or a 360. I like those '65 coroner's to it's that they are out of my budget.

Dan, here's a couple of pics on my journey.
After I save the Safety pins holding the headliner together I'll rip out and bare for awhile.
This puppy also came with a Bible and will remain in place lmao.

20230302_132901.jpg

20230302_132917.jpg

20230302_132930.jpg

Plymouth never made a 1971 prowler, guess the owner doesn't know what he has. And as I've said several times before I don't want a stick shift due to a bad hip.
JFC.... click the link for God's sake. It's a Duster.. Marketplace doesn't have a category for it. If you can't even do that it's absolutely hopeless...

Remember gents, Dan's lookin' for an Auto while Dream of a 4 speed.
Why would I dream of something that I don't want? It's obvious that you don't pay attention to the reason why I don't want a stick shift car so I'll tell you one more time and try to pay attention, I HAVE ARTHRITIS IN MY LEFT HIP AND THE DOCTOR SAID THAT HAVING A STICK SHIFT CAR WOULD AGGRAVATE IT, UNDERSTAND?

JFC.... click the link for God's sake. It's a Duster.. Marketplace doesn't have a category for it. If you can't even do that it's absolutely hopeless...
You'd be surprised what I can do. That's the market places fault not mine.

Trust me. It's hopeless. lol

Man you guys love beating on a dead horse. Thirty hours after this thread was created and it’s at 195 responses?? You sure love giving Dan a lot of attention. Couldn’t you have googled the price of tea in China instead?

Careful, a certain female member on here might get jealous and start posting a bunch of random questions to compete for attention.

Last edited:
Man you guys love beating on a dead horse. Thirty hours after this thread was created and it’s at 195 responses?? You sure love giving Dan a lot of attention. Couldn’t you have googled the price of tea in China instead?

Careful, a certain female member on here might get jealous and start posting a bunch of random questions to complete for attention.
You inadvertently opened up a can of worms likened to best smallblock by cubic inch, camshaft etc. debate on slew of threads. I myself am often overwhelmed by information much of which is over my head, capabilities or desire.

But . . . I have learned much and the forums will lead you to answers for your questions with patience.

I believe some understandably have lost their patience when some or a lot of common sense should prevail.

By the way, info on The price of Tea in China
LMFAO

Careful, a certain female member on here might get jealous and start posting a bunch of random questions to complete for attention.
The guy's on here have never changed their mind about anything or forgot as they are are perfect.

The guy's on here have never changed their mind about anything or forgot as they are are perfect.
The difference is, you change your mind more than my wife, that's not good.
and yes, like I tell my wife, I am perfect, well almost.

-
Back