Dan the Man cars ?

-
Endo thread ?

I'm on fence for Famosa Saturday and Pomona Sunday as no gearhead buds involved.

Can probably get girlfriend to go but . . . been trying to rid myself of that BS for 2 years and be minimum of $ 500 trip.

Eyes and deaf ears still open for The Man if nothing else for yakking with fellow Mopar Screws.

Dan, Although I've yet to attend Spring Fling this year April 15/16 in San Fernando Valley over Sepulveda Pass from LAX it might be an eye opening experience for you. Airfare booked now around $ 200 or LESS Roundtrip from St. Louis Grab a buddy and book.

Dan, here's a couple of pics on my journey.
After I save the Safety pins holding the headliner together I'll rip out and bare for awhile.
This puppy also came with a Bible and will remain in place lmao.

View attachment 1716058173

View attachment 1716058174

View attachment 1716058176
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care, interior crack and I don't care, body/paint crack and I don't care
Engine may run I really do damn care.

Time for some Gentleman Jack or sumpin' as early on west coast lmao.

20230208_150534.jpg

Yes sir you're right, none of us are getting any younger. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, sorry about that
No apologies needed, if you p can swing a short trip come on out. If the weather cooperates it could be the trip of a lifetime.
Having just retired and damn near dyin' I'm about to truly raise Hav p for the millionth time lol.

Dan, Although I've yet to attend Spring Fling this year April 15/16 in San Fernando Valley over Sepulveda Pass from LAX it might be an eye opening experience for you. Airfare booked now around $ 200 or LESS Roundtrip from St. Louis Grab a buddy and book.
pro tip: pack light and fly into burbank instead.

No apologies needed, if you p can swing a short trip come on out. If the weather cooperates it could be the trip of a lifetime.
Having just retired and damn near dyin' I'm about to truly raise Hav p for the millionth time lol.
Congratulations on your retirement. Glad you're still among us. I'd like to see California

Congratulations on your retirement. Glad you're still among us. I'd like to see California
1st one born west of the Rockies. All rhe rest of the family from Colorado east of Divide. I did spend time in Idaho and loved that but . . . California is big, 3 times Idaho wage and as a Surveyor saw a lot of a large state with more tolerable weather year round and at times absolutely beautiful.

People knock this durned place but . . . I'll be buried here, Dad in Idaho ( he did Survey on cemetery that Youren family donated land and he was 2nd one planted ), Grandpa in Colorado.
As we near the end it is about having fun, laughing and no regrets right ?

I have many ridiculous stories and becoming more philosophical as I age but I am still the same as I was getting pulled over at the local State Beach by a State Ranger ON A BICYCLE the day I got my Driver's License.

I'm a butt head and own that.

NOW Let's talk marriages ! Lol

Thanks for up thumbing Dan.

It's all about attitude.

Lost Dad when I was 19 and Grandpa at 26 so muddled my way so far and sometimes laugh my *** off literally.

Enjoy all we can and as Dad the hardworking SOB said , " Set goals and don't procrastinate ".

Thanks for up thumbing Dan.

It's all about attitude.

Lost Dad when I was 19 and Grandpa at 26 so muddled my way so far and sometimes laugh my *** off literally.

Enjoy all we can and as Dad the hardworking SOB said , " Set goals and don't procrastinate ".
Your welcome. I agree, it's about attitude. Laughter is a good thing. I like your dad's saying. Sorry that you lost your dad when you was only 19.

Your welcome. I agree, it's about attitude. Laughter is a good thing. I like your dad's saying. Sorry that you lost your dad when you was only 19.
Thanks for condolences. Dad Managed Little/Senior Leauge Baseball, Basketball and helped other kids through the turbulent '60's and '70's. I recognize that now 50 years later. His involvement was about the big picture.

I often laugh getting a .22 at 6 from one of his work acquaintances but remember that Nam was goin' on, food for thought.

We all know there are a lot of Mopars out there for sale, from sorry projects to extreme $ builds.
It take a lot of letting your fingers strole thru the computer and being willing to travel or have a car delivered.
It is SO MUCH easier than before the puter! But anyone a still GET SCREWED by old car buying!
I only buy projets and I still an find some decent cars for fair prices, BUT they are few and far between and never less than 5-6 hours away.
I have been building Mopars sinc emid 80s but I bought my first FORD a few week ago. My wallet feels better alreay! I know..shoot my worthless old ***!

Actually 318 and 361 65 B body cars are in about the same price range as 318 A body cars right now.

We all know there are a lot of Mopars out there for sale, from sorry projects to extreme $ builds.
It take a lot of letting your fingers strole thru the computer and being willing to travel or have a car delivered.
It is SO MUCH easier than before the puter! But anyone a still GET SCREWED by old car buying!
I only buy projets and I still an find some decent cars for fair prices, BUT they are few and far between and never less than 5-6 hours away.
I have been building Mopars sinc emid 80s but I bought my first FORD a few week ago. My wallet feels better alreay! I know..shoot my worthless old ***!
Lol, now, now, that's just a Lil extreme thar , ain't it?

I'm expanding my search area

Lol, now, now, that's just a Lil extreme thar , ain't it?
I don't want to take away from the theme here on this thread!!!! BUT I have found even on FABO there are a lot of members with old cars other than Mopar! I bought my first old AMC 2 years ago and my first old Ford other week. I draw the line at GM! hahahahaha But I love learning about new thigs even at my advanced age. My 64 Comet share a lot of parts with Mustang and Falcon and the general cost of those parts are pennies on the 4 to Mopar.

Like already said, Dan will have to maybe extend his search area and be willing to compromise on some of his wishes.

I will say this too, IF a car comes up for sale here, and it has an audience, and the price is GOOD, it is gone in a day or two.
Overpriced junk stays for sale forever or just a pinch shorter!

I don't want to take away from the theme here on this thread!!!! BUT I have found even on FABO there are a lot of members with old cars other than Mopar! I bought my first old AMC 2 years ago and my first old Ford other week. I draw the line at GM! hahahahaha But I love learning about new thigs even at my advanced age. My 64 Comet share a lot of parts with Mustang and Falcon and the general cost of those parts are pennies on the 4 to Mopar.

Like already said, Dan will have to maybe extend his search area and be willing to compromise on some of his wishes.

I will say this too, IF a car comes up for sale here, and it has an audience, and the price is GOOD, it is gone in a day or two.
Overpriced junk stays for sale forever or just a pinch shorter!
I feel bout the same!!!

-
Back