Dan the Man cars ?

-
Facebook groups shouldn’t allow it but jerkoffs will post their cars and parts up with no price then the bidding wars begin. If you want to sell something you know what you want for it. I’ve sold race cars, engines, assemblies, heads, etc on Facebook. You get 95% of your action in the first 48 hours. Price it fairly and it will sell.

Unless you pay to have a car built for you, you will need to make compromises. That's just how this game works. There are barns finds still out there, but even then, they will require work. The internet limited the chances of finding a perfect gem for dirt cheap. Those days are gone.

I found my Scamp under a carport in BFE Oregon. Took me 2 years to bring her back to life. I bought the car for $7k. Original Winchester Grey paint. Great price, but it took me a lot time.

At some point you just have to pull the trigger

20200919-095305.jpg

View attachment 1716058033

20221016-094846.jpg

View attachment 1716058034
That's a awesome looking car

Dan, if you want a car bad enough you sometimes have to make compromises.

As narrow as your expectations are, you’ll never find a car. You can’t. Even if Chrysler built one exactly like you want, the chances of it still being on the road is small. And if it is on the road, the chances of it being unmodified is close to nil.

These cars were used as everyday transportation. They were driven year round, without AC (even in the hottest climes), in the snow, ice and rain. They towed boats and bike trailers, we drove them to the track, bolted on slicks and beat the living **** out of them.

They got ate up out east because the bumbling dolts that run the show out there salt the roads. So cars back there are literally either going back to dirt or already there.

Now it’s happening out west. If I was in charge (God knows I SHOULD be) I would immediately ban the use of salt, gravel, sand, plowing or any other inclement weather road work. If you can’t drive in the snow, stay home. The **** melts pretty quick. The world won’t stop turning if the sissy’s stay home for a few days.

You have to make a change in YOUR wants or you’ll never get a car.

It’s like not dating because you can’t find Cinderella. What else did you miss because you believe in a fantasy that never existed, or if it did, it’s dead?
You guys are actually encouraging me, giving me that extra boost, confidence that I need. Thanks

I picked up this, after selling my 66 Satellite, to a guy that drove from Texas to Tampa to get it.....4 k , 12 year old paint. But I did have a built 340, 727 and 4:10 Richmond gear set I kept and put I this. I definitely have some money and time in it, 98% rust free. My Mopar Brother Big AL ( 2nd head at the Caddy bodyshop, did it for another Mopar Brother, my Friend Brian....

View attachment 1716057849

View attachment 1716057850
Nice car

It's right on the edge of not being a daiky driver, but it is daily drivable in fact that same drivetrain was in my satellite and I used as daily transportation for years.... now it's just in a much lighter car for the few extra tricks put to it so it's way quicker!

Dan, I'll have to get some pics of my sled. It's absolutely deplorable but a hoot to drive. Mainly for me I don't have a lot of money in it and no real need to wash, vacuum etc.

Went to The Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield a few years ago with a good friend who his '40 Chevy 327 pickup. After driving into the venue and finding the CHOICE to park inside paying money he gets out with his car duster snd proceeds to clean.

I've got 4 vehicles and simple wash when needed. My main concern is mechanically sound with clear glass and good tires, brakes etc.

But that is just me and I have other pursuits.

I had been holding on to a 318 engine for years thinking id buy a car to put it in but the realization that I will never find a 5000 dollar roller that is in decent shape set in and I sold the 318 to the wife's uncle recently. I am going to finish my Swinger and then maintain that and my Fox body and be happy. The days of finding a decent Mopar for under 10 K are over, by that I mean something with some interior left and no major rust to deal with. The last car I looked at was in Summer of 2019, it was a 73 Duster with a ratty interior and left front frame rail rot for 5 grand. I offered 3800 and tey wouldnt budge.

Dan, I'll have to get some pics of my sled. It's absolutely deplorable but a hoot to drive. Mainly for me I don't have a lot of money in it and no real need to wash, vacuum etc.

Went to The Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield a few years ago with a good friend who his '40 Chevy 327 pickup. After driving into the venue and finding the CHOICE to park inside paying money he gets out with his car duster snd proceeds to clean.

I've got 4 vehicles and simple wash when needed. My main concern is mechanically sound with clear glass and good tires, brakes etc.

But that is just me and I have other pursuits.
You should see my work truck, lol. It almost looks lived in, haha

I had been holding on to a 318 engine for years thinking id buy a car to put it in but the realization that I will never find a 5000 dollar roller that is in decent shape set in and I sold the 318 to the wife's uncle recently. I am going to finish my Swinger and then maintain that and my Fox body and be happy. The days of finding a decent Mopar for under 10 K are over, by that I mean something with some interior left and no major rust to deal with. The last car I looked at was in Summer of 2019, it was a 73 Duster with a ratty interior and left front frame rail rot for 5 grand. I offered 3800 and tey wouldnt budge.
I hate to say it, I'm kinda thinkin Yer right... times have definitely changed and I'm not sure I like it!

There may be deals but very far and few between. Been 5 years but paid $3,200 for ratty interior '318 swapped 64 Dart and drove 120 miles home.

Missed out on a better '65 50 miles away for $,3,100 a few months before. I called the dude when the buyer was on his way to look coming from a few hundred miles. The buyer was test driving and I got the rundown. Aftermarket floor shifter, dash and all lights gone through solid driver. He was asking $ 3,000. Told him I'd pay $3,100 cash sight unseen.
Buyer came back and never had a chance to get it for less.

I'm kinda in the sticks and stuff is hidden all over. A cat I use for labor recently picked up '69 383 D 200 Sweptline for $ 800 and with fresh gas, battery and persuasion drove it away & still owes the seller some dollars lmao.

There may be deals but very far and few between. Been 5 years but paid $3,200 for ratty interior '318 swapped 64 Dart and drove 120 miles home.

Missed out on a better '65 50 miles away for $,3,100 a few months before. I called the dude when the buyer was on his way to look coming from a few hundred miles. The buyer was test driving and I got the rundown. Aftermarket floor shifter, dash and all lights gone through solid driver. He was asking $ 3,000. Told him I'd pay $3,100 cash sight unseen.
Buyer came back and never had a chance to get it for less.

I'm kinda in the sticks and stuff is hidden all over. A cat I use for labor recently picked up '69 383 D 200 Sweptline for $ 800 and with fresh gas, battery and persuasion drove it away & still owes the seller some dollars lmao.
Damn good deal on that truck!

Damn good deal on that truck!
I retired the 1st of the year and have time now to really scrounge. Sometimes up here people literally give stuff away.

I recently sold a good stove insert for $ 10 and a joint that I may even smoke. I got the stove for free from a fellow Surveyor when Bakersfield went basically smokefree. Wouldn't fit my fireplace without major remodel. Been in the driveway over 5 years and tried to pay several guys to haul it off. I still haven't recovered from moving it at well over 500 lbs. Damn nut buster.

Good riddance photo.

20230226_111435.jpg

Facebook groups shouldn’t allow it but jerkoffs will post their cars and parts up with no price then the bidding wars begin. If you want to sell something you know what you want for it. I’ve sold race cars, engines, assemblies, heads, etc on Facebook. You get 95% of your action in the first 48 hours. Price it fairly and it will sell.
I agree....and this very thread is now sliding into a for sale thread as people offer up their cars. This thread should be sent packin. @toolmanmike

He's been offered one member's car and said that it was EXACTLY what he was looking for. I think a price was mentioned and then there were crickets. The guy either doesn't have the money or is yankin all our chains.

He's been offered one member's car and said that it was EXACTLY what he was looking for. I think a price was mentioned and then there were crickets. The guy either doesn't have the money or is yankin all our chains.
I know a guy with a B5 Swinger............................ :lol:

-
Back