Dana 60- now what?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Okay , I got the Dana ...........now what? Lol! It`s from a later model Ford truck and will need everything. Any suggestions on where to get axles, ring & pinion and a positraction unit would be great. I`m going to replace the 8.75 in my Barracuda.

IM000836 (Medium).JPG

IM000838 (Medium).JPG

Okay , I got the Dana ...........now what? Lol! It`s from a later model Ford truck and will need everything. Any suggestions on where to get axles, ring & pinion and a positraction unit would be great. I`m going to replace the 8.75 in my Barracuda.

Chop saw and a welder.:toothy10::cheers:

Chop saw and a welder.:toothy10::cheers:

There`s a guy locally that can do the shortening. I`m thinking of Moser axles. I really like my 3.91 gear but I can only find 3.73 or 4.10 gears for the Dana around that range. I`m also going to need spring perches and flanges. ???

also ebay has posis for pretty good prices , also go to strange or moser and look up diffs. they had a power lock i think it was but new for $260.00 also a good deal on axles and bearings is from dr. diff if you dont mind using yukon brand . look him up by doing a search. im having my housing ends welded on my truck dana as we speak , so soon ill be getting axles and so on. on ebay a guy here in florida had cnc housing ends for $56.00 . i bought my perches thru jegs for 11.99 and used strange ends.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

Sweet. That Dana will look awesome when finished. With all that power coming from that big block you'll need it.

The best thing is that you have the 5-speed. :cheers: Best case scenario is that you find 3.91s since you like them. That's what I have too in mine. Worse comes to worse I would get the 3.73s if it is mostly a street car. Get the 4.10s if at the track more often.

Of course you have more experience with your car and know what you like already with the 5-speed.

Keep us updated on the Dana progress. This would be a really cool thread for others who want to find old Ferd Dana rears at a cheaper price.

also ebay has posis for pretty good prices , also go to strange or moser and look up diffs. they had a power lock i think it was but new for $260.00 also a good deal on axles and bearings is from dr. diff if you dont mind using yukon brand . look him up by doing a search. im having my housing ends welded on my truck dana as we speak , so soon ill be getting axles and so on. on ebay a guy here in florida had cnc housing ends for $56.00 . i bought my perches thru jegs for 11.99 and used strange ends.

Thank you 74fldart, you look to be in the same boat as I. I`ll take your advice and check out these places.

QUOTE=daves66valiant;275983]Sweet. That Dana will look awesome when finished. With all that power coming from that big block you'll need it.

The best thing is that you have the 5-speed. :cheers: Best case scenario is that you find 3.91s since you like them. That's what I have too in mine. Worse comes to worse I would get the 3.73s if it is mostly a street car. Get the 4.10s if at the track more often.

Of course you have more experience with your car and know what you like already with the 5-speed.

Keep us updated on the Dana progress. This would be a really cool thread for others who want to find old Ferd Dana rears at a cheaper price.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like someone with a sledgehammer pounding the floorboard when the pinion snubber hits the car as I power shift. I`m afraid I`m going to tear up something back there so I want to do something about it before something "lets go". The rear end was free so I thought I`d give it a go. I`ve also pulled the 7.25 from the vert to install the original 8.75. Sitting next to the Dana 60 it appears to have given birth. Lol!

IM000844 (Medium).JPG

-
Back