Dang...

-
And according to Uncle Tony's video above, it was all caused by a timing chain that was too tight. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:
Isnt uncle tony the same idiot who pounded a crank gear onto his slant six with a big *** hammer, and when the engine failed, blamed it on "poor quality parts?"

Agree now that you zoom in on it.

Lol . . I want to know where the other half of the chain is ???

8,000 rpms can do funny things to a perfectly normal engine.

☆☆☆☆☆
I want to know where your brain is! What turned 8000 rpm, what are the "funny things" and what's this perfectly normal engine your talking about?

Lol . . I want to know where the other half of the chain is ???
after its sacrifice to our lady of blessed acceleration the timing chain grew great big angel wings and flew off to heaven to be with all of its rod cap friends.

or it's like, in the pan or in a box after they swept up all the debris at the track.

And according to Uncle Tony's video above, it was all caused by a timing chain that was too tight. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:
I thought you were joking, until I went and looked. That uncle tony just made a video explaining he thinks the timing chain caused this failure. Guys, as painful as it is, go watch his video. It PROVES he is possibly the MOST ignorant person on YouTube. I swear he is the biggest automotive dumbass I have ever witnessed.

I thought you were joking, until I went and looked. That uncle tony just made a video explaining he thinks the timing chain caused this failure. Guys, as painful as it is, go watch his video. It PROVES he is possibly the MOST ignorant person on YouTube. I swear he is the biggest automotive dumbass I have ever witnessed.
No lie!

I about **** when I watched it. I thought when he mentioned blowing out the front of the block, eh, coincidence. Then later he says, so n so's 318. I'm like, hmmmm. Then mentions Barracuda, I'm like, holy ****! What are the odds! I had just seen the thread here earlier! Man, I gotta post that ****!

He is using a 360 stroker piston. Not a stock 360 piston. Which of course is 4 in. As for calling it a 318 technically the block is a 318. However is kind of a enlarged inside to approximately a 402.

Yeah, I musta missed where he said stroker 360 piston. Which is very possible I missed it.

Either way, I knew at that point it wasn’t 318 inches.

And I still say it split a bore and blew the front of the engine off, not the timing chain being too tight and causing the crank to fail or whatever UT said.

If the timing chain COULD get tight enough to fracture a crank it would take 5 good men and a boy with a nice dog to get it together. Plus, if that did cause a crank to fracture that would be a pretty crappy crank.

the crank is a cast Eagle and he brags about spinning it to 7700 RPM, Dang !

Yeah, I musta missed where he said stroker 360 piston. Which is very possible I missed it.

Either way, I knew at that point it wasn’t 318 inches.

And I still say it split a bore and blew the front of the engine off, not the timing chain being too tight and causing the crank to fail or whatever UT said.

If the timing chain COULD get tight enough to fracture a crank it would take 5 good men and a boy with a nice dog to get it together. Plus, if that did cause a crank to fracture that would be a pretty crappy crank.

A timing chain, no matter how screwed it gets, isn’t going to take out the crank like that. I’m with you on that, it definitely split the bore.

A timing chain, no matter how screwed it gets, isn’t going to take out the crank like that. I’m with you on that, it definitely split the bore.
Not to mention the engine has been together and running at 2 years allready. Literally a hour of breakin running time and that chain will NOT be to tight.

Isnt uncle tony the same idiot who pounded a crank gear onto his slant six with a big *** hammer, and when the engine failed, blamed it on "poor quality parts?"
Jesus.. i hadn't heard that one... that can't be true is it? I mean... the guy builds motors without checking bearing clearances so anything is possible...

There is also a world full of broken eagle cranks, broken right at the front, it's not a uncommon problem, it's pretty well documented.

Jesus.. i hadn't heard that one... that can't be true is it? I mean... the guy builds motors without checking bearing clearances so anything is possible...
Yes it's in one of his slant six videos for that gutted shell of a dart. He did some follow up talking about poor quality parts, showing his crank gear cracked through the keyway, right where he pounded it onto a crooked crank key.

Yes it's in one of his slant six videos for that gutted shell of a dart. He did some follow up talking about poor quality parts, showing his crank gear cracked through the keyway, right where he pounded it onto a crooked crank key.
Well.. A: if the gear isn't sliding on then something is wrong.. stop and figure it out.. probably a burr or something from him hammering the last gear off :) But to hammer on a gear til it breaks.. just wtf all around. I'm a backyard hack but even i stop when **** isn't working how it should.

While I'm confessing,
I may as well say that a 230* cammed 11/1, 368(lol) is more engine than any Street A-body needs. I mean it goes 93mph in the Eighth for crying out loud!, and it shakes the neighborhood at 6AM, sucks gas at a pretty high rate, even with a clutch and 3.55s, and it easily lays rubber until it gets to any speed-limit in Manitoba.
Do you need that?
No, I suppose not ........ but it sure is fun.
Not really. Mine goes 109-110 in the 1/8 and I wish it ran 120. LOL

My engine is based on a R1 block, since my Dart came with a 273, I'd like to find a pair of 273 four barrel fender badges to put on it. That would hang the chevy guys up. :mad:

If I don’t want to fire up my welder and weld my timing gear I hammer it on with a small 8 pound sledgehammer. I use it for putting my pistons in to so I don’t have to use a ring compressor. You wouldn’t believe how fast I can assemble a short block that way.

If I don’t want to fire up my welder and weld my timing gear I hammer it on with a small 8 pound sledgehammer. I use it for putting my pistons in to so I don’t have to use a ring compressor. You wouldn’t believe how fast I can assemble a short block that way.
Hahaha... The rings that don't make it were weak anyway and would have slowed you down :)

The smaller main caps dont care what pistons or crank are in it. ..its a 318 when it blows apart.
You you can spilt the cylinder on a 360 just the same, FWIW.

Lol

You should take a 4” grinder and bevel the rings on a 45 like I do. Then you don’t need a hammer or a ring compressor, just push em in. Works great!

The smaller main caps dont care what pistons or crank are in it. ..its a 318 when it blows apart.
You you can spilt the cylinder on a 360 just the same, FWIW.
Yeah, especially if you bore it .100 over like this clown with no sonic check. I find it funny that mr 600hp barracuda guy doesn't even know the 340 caps are thicker than 318 caps. He did a whole video talking about 318s are identical and superior to 340s, Once you bore the 318 .100 over.... good greif

I don't know who is more ignorant, the blown up, overbored, 318 guy or Uncle Tony for swearing it was a tight timing chain. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

I don't know who is more ignorant, the blown up, overbored, 318 guy or Uncle Tony for swearing it was a tight timing chain. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:
Uncle tony.... some guys like me just don't know stuff and ask questions... some just pull out a big *** hammer :)

People like to call me a "hater" when I point out facts about uncle tony. But that right there is a example of him sucking off someone elses youtube content, to put his own "misinformation" video out. Ignorant youtube hack making a quick buck off of ignorant followers

-
Back