Dan's Classic Auto Parts - payment question

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I bought some parts online from Dan's Classic Auto Parts not long ago, and they sent me an email saying..

'Hello,

Your package has been shipped, and should be arriving soon.* Due to you being in another country it is hard to figure shipping.*
We wait until items have bee shipped to charge shipping. We do not like to over charge shipping.

Your Order 17547 has not yet been charged for shipping.*
The shipping total is
******************************* $10.89

Please contact us to arrange payment.'

They want me to email them my credit card info to cover shipping, and I said I wasn't comfortable with that, so they said I could call them and do it over the phone, or fax it to them. Does anyone know this company? I don't want to give out my credit card info to just anyone out there, but I paid for my parts already and I want to recieve them. I suggested Paypal, but they said use a credit card. Any ideas?

Well, I did pay using credit card, but for some reason it felt a little safer entering my info into the designated boxes, rather than giving my info out to some guy named Greg T who emails me regarding Dan's Classics. I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I never give my credit card info out over the phone either. It's not a great idea, I don't give a rat's butt who wants it.

Although I don't see him too often anymore, I've known Dan Budlong personally since 1971 and he was still in high school. As a matter of fact we started junk yarding together shortly after I joined the local Nomad club, even taking a vacation trip together through most of the western US in the early 70's. For almost three weeks we pulled a utility trailer behind my 55 Nomad looking for parts in old junkyards, small town dealerships, even gas stations and farmers fields for that matter. I like to think that was the genesis of his reproduction parts business. In short I've always known him to be straight up and honest. Even spent literally thousands of dollars with him buying parts for my sister's Camaro a couple years ago. He always made things right, even though it wasn't the fault of Dan's Classic when a supplier's parts were subpar.

Why don't you give Dan's Classic a telephone call and ask for him personally, I'm sure he will do his best to make you satisfied. If you can't reach him or don't get things straightened out soon, PM me with the details and I'll stop by his store for you on my way to work.

What's the chance that this is a FRAUD email?

That is, the email didn't come from "Dan?"

I know, that's what I'm concerned about. The sender title is Dan's Classics, and the email is dansclassics@gmail dot com, but the guy talking to me is Greg T.

I'd be callin on the phone. If you typed that email address correctly IT IS NOT WHAT IS LISTED on his website

I called the number they left me in the email, and the guy answered 'Dan's Classic Auto Parts' so I explained my situation, and the guy asked for my order number. I gave him my order number, and he said Michael Coplin? I said yes, then he Said out loud what was on my order, which was correct, he listed off all 3 items I ordered. Then he said the last 4 digits of my credit card, which were correct. So, didn't seem too sketchy, or else someone went to a lot of work to figure out my stuff.

-
Back