Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikCZ

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,
Does anyone know where can I buy a rear window for my Dodge Dart 63 GT please?
No matter if new or old. Mine broke today.
thanks
Erik CZ

Welcome to the site!
Your best bet is to post a wanted ad
upload_2022-7-29_17-19-17.png

It's about 3/4 of the way down the "Forums" page.
Good luck!
BTW, try to save and reuse your rear window seal if you can- they're pretty hard to come by, I believe.

That's a really tough glass to find. One year only, one model only. The seal is actually easy to find compared to the glass. I wish you luck.
Seal. Expensive, but readily available.
Mopar A Body 63 Dart Rear Window Gasket Seal with Locking Strip
Glass, not so much. If you find one, you better grab it. I need one too for a friend.

thanks, and is the rear glass on the Dart 64, 65 the same? Same for GT or 4 door? Or do I need directly for 63 and GT?
Thank you very much

Hollander shows #2702 - '64-'66 2 door and 4 door cross-over.
Not sure why '63 is not included.
There is a '64 sedan at local yard in El Paso ,but rear window is long gone.

The rear glass is one year only for 63 Dart and should be the same for sedan and hardtop. Look at pictures on the internet and
you will see the difference between 64-66 Darts. The 66 Valiant rear glass is also a one year only piece.

I have rear glass from a 63 stowed away. Shipping would be interesting. I’ll send a PM.

Last edited:
If that's true, that's going to be one expensive glass by the time the shipping gets added to the glass price. In the past, I've had good luck shipping back glasses here in the states by using a heavy duty cardboard bicycle box, cardboard taped over all the edges, and wrapped in carpet padding, but, overseas......I think I'd crate it if it were me in the middle of that.

Yes, I agree... if it was me, I think I would really consider buying one from Kanter's, as they are/ or should be very
well acquainted with processing that kind of stuff, and for the price, I would have to think the glass would be
insured by them for save delivery, even tho they the (original poster) are overseas. IMO, probably be a better option to shell out
the 500 dollars, and have what you need, and correct too. Good luck to the original poster, in whatever he
decides.

The rear glass is one year only for 63 Dart and should be the same for sedan and hardtop. Look at pictures on the internet and
you will see the difference between 64-66 Darts. The 66 Valiant rear glass is also a one year only piece.
I've tried twice now. It seems to not be sinkin in.

It's not included, because it's one year only, one model only. 1963 Dart rear glass is all by itself.

thanks, and is the rear glass on the Dart 64, 65 the same? Same for GT or 4 door? Or do I need directly for 63 and GT?
Thank you very much
Love the kitty cat in your avatar.

I have rear glass from a 63 stowed away. Shipping would be interesting. I’ll send a PM.

Otherwise, it looks like Kanter Auto Parts may have some available: https://www.kanter.com/productdetail.aspx?Mak=Dodge&Yr=1963&Cat=152&Prc=442
That link is for both the windshield and back glass rubber seals only....no glass. It's interesting that Kanter lists 3 different sets (not counting the convertible which has a slightly different windshield seal) They show one set for the 4dr sedan, another one for the 2dr sedan, and yet another for the 2dr HT, when they all use the same glass front and rear. The factory parts book shows one back glass seal for all but the GT, which they show has 3 different color options. I seriously doubt Kanter has anything but black like the sedans, so, why 3 different part numbers and 2 different prices? They all use the same windshield seal except for the vert, which they don't carry, even though the common W/S seal will work on the vert. Strange.....

Thanks @RustyRatRod and @cudamark I see that now. Apologies to the OP for any confusion.
It's all good. It's just another one of them weird Mopar things. The only reason I know about it is because I had a 63, BROKE the back glass and miraculously found another one. Now, I have a 63 4 door that belongs to a friend I am helping. The back glass is about all I have left to find and we've not found one YET.

Thank you very much for replies and help. Glass for 64-66 is really bigger. Do you think it´s possible to cut it on the 63 shape? But I couldn´t find that, too.

Nope, tempered glass will shatter if you try to cut it. Grinding it would cost way too much, and you may still shatter it in the process. Beside, I'm not sure the shape is close enough to do either.

I had a hard time finding a 63 rear glass as well. Mine was broken when I bought the car. (wish I'd known how hard they were to find BEFORE I bought it...lol). As others have said 63 Dart is one year only. I got lucky and found one. Best place to get the rear seal is directly from steele rubber. I bought direct from them. They are the only ones reproducing that seal. Their price was better too. I think any one else selling one is either theirs, or a universal you have to cut and glue together. Also be careful as I found a couple sites showing it fit 63-66. If it doesn't state it fits 63 only, it probably isn't correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back