Dart/Demon Hood scoops

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
hey ive been lookin around for those dual hood scoops they had on darts and demons fdor 70-72 (the 2 individual ones, not the twin single scoop). i dont know if i have the money to spend right now to buy em, but for decent ones, the cheapestr ive seen is like $300 for the 2 scoops and chrome bezels! yearone has em for $349! am i not looking in the right place or is that really how much they go for???

OE units pop up on E-bay for slightly less money and less than perfect condition, but very repairable.

Yes, they do go for that much. BNut the year one have had a complaint or two here. Factory OE's are just a bit better in fit though there not perfect to the eye.

OE units pop up on E-bay for slightly less money and less than perfect condition, but very repairable.

Yes, they do go for that much. BNut the year one have had a complaint or two here. Factory OE's are just a bit better in fit though there not perfect to the eye.

i have seen em on the B E and A restoration website. about $300 total before shipping and its $175 for the scoops, $125 for bezels. would they be more like OE or yearone?

personally i hate yearones site. its designed as to make everything difficult for my car! haha

anyway i would also need to find a template to install these scoops, is that something that id find from you guys here?

Stay away from the year one scoops. We bought a set of scoops for my cousins dart swinger. terrible quality, scoops didn't sit flat against the hood and the bezels didn't fit the scoops, really surprised since we paid good money for them.

I had bought a set from yearone and they were of poor quality. Studs were bent, stud holes had cracks, did not lay flat on hood and chips in the fiberglass. Sent them back and they sent me a new set from another company. These were very nice and I didn't have a problem.

I had bought a set from yearone and they were of poor quality. Studs were bent, stud holes had cracks, did not lay flat on hood and chips in the fiberglass. Sent them back and they sent me a new set from another company. These were very nice and I didn't have a problem.

any idea what the 2nd company was? i jus really wanna get my hands on a good set of these scoops for lees than $300 if i can. also, where would i look for the install template? maybe someone on the forum would hav the scoops an template :-D

pgclassic.com have Coronet Super Bee Twin Scoops & Bezels for $275 or A Body Scoops & Bezels for $300 not sure if there is any difference between the two. I have the Coronet scoops on my Duster. Have a look in Fuel & Air Systems Forum, "Twin Scoops 4" hole location"

There's holes in the underside of dart hoods already to locate the studs.

340 scoop hood template.jpg

-
Back