Dart got repainted today...

-

Cal_gecko

Citron Yella!!
Reaction score
Last week, my 71 Dart was painted .. I was SUPER excited to see it wearing some new shiny paint... my hopes were dashed when I saw it and the paint was riddled with fisheyes... I was really bummed.

Today, it was repainted ... looks GREAT ... got 4 coats of color (single stage, OMNI).. he did a really good job laying the paint down on most areas, it will require minimal color sanding and buffing. This is not a "restoration quality" paint job.. I don't have the deep pockets of an E-body owner.. I'm paying this guy $1500 plus materials .. so I'm super happy with the results.. car is an original GY3 Dart (I've never seen another one) ... can't wait to start putting her back together!!!

7120501597_7e4f3acf12_c.jpg

6974419936_4ab1e5d823_c.jpg

7120500101_024b477040_c.jpg

She's got body-colored steel wheels, and will be getting a black vinyl top and black interior....

Should look great in the sun!!!

It's looks great already. A black strip on the back might look good to especially with the black vinyl top.

thanks... yeah, I'm definitely planning on the black butt stripe :) later down the road, might do a flat black hood treatment too.. we'll see.

Very nice... make sure to follow up with some pics when its all buttoned up.
I gotta live with oxidated B5 blue for another couple yrs... but this gets me fired up

Thanks guys... I'm really excited to see this stage of progress.. it's been a LONG time.. I was starting to wonder if I would ever see it in color! I gotta give some credit to my wife... she's been encouraging and supporting me every step of the way with the car :)

Nice......That yellow is going to look awesome with that combo.
Great time in a car build, let the fun begin !!!

congratulations :cheers: I bet you are on cloud 9 :D:D
Yes! having your wife behind you is great and a blessing :cheers: Thank her for us here at fabo :cheers:
Wow I can smell paint also =P~=P~

now the fun begins !!!!!!!!!!!!! I know.

Attachments

• 10-08-2011 final paint +stripe 029 (Large).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 264
That color just pops.
Get the shades out.

Wow... i REALLY like the GY3. Can not wait to see your car back together. I like the single stage paint too.

-
Back