Dart questions

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
I have a few questions

my steering column doesnt link to the box and is about an inch away. Does the column look like its sticking out to far? looks to me that it is

i know these shifters are worth money what about this one? if its worth what i want its for sale

thanks

chad

pics are giving me troubles hold on

downsized_0113001555.jpg

downsized_0113001556.jpg

0113001556a.jpg

downsized_0113001557.jpg

The column looks like it could be moved forward some more to attach at the box.Also is that a homemade sleeve at the end of the column shaft?Clearer pics are needed to see exactly what you have going on there?

Did this car start off with power steering? Going out on a limb here, but judging from the interior shot the steering column can be loosened up and shoved far enough forward to mate with the box.

I can't tell if your column is for a manual box or power box. The length and coupler are different. If your coupler is for the manual box, I would say you probably broke the shear pins and the front shaft slid inside the rear shaft. They were made to telescope in the event of a collision. Just pull it back out and over the splines and then install the roll pin. The interior shot shows a bit of a gap between the wheel and turn signal housing so you may want to pull the wheel and see if anything is loose in there. Lube the bearing and turn signal assy. while you're at it.
Thanks, Mark

The shifter is just a standard non console shifter, not a big deal or rare. I have a few of them.

-
Back