Dart rubber floor mat test prototype.

-
I was making custom badges, in the font and style of OEM badges. A friend who is a legitimate reseller said he got hassled by the Chrysler copyright police for badges he was selling.

He had to prove that they were officially licensed Chrysler products.

Because I am who I am.....

Sorry!

These intersections stand out to my eye.
Unless it is the way the OEM did it
View attachment 1716120198
Not quite Chrysler logo style for sure. Even the Barracuda is hand drawn, same with the logo's they are all hand drawn and will not scale correctly to actually be a chrysler logo no matter what you try, I've already done the differential checks, over 40% different. Scaling, slant, thickness and curvatures are enough to make it look close and still be completely incorrect to an actual emblem or print. As for the DART It's a mime of the 50-60's deco style Lawn dart (or at least the bottom 1/2 of it) to connect the white Dart so I can pour it and place it in one piece. Trying to make it into discrete letters sucked big time, then trying to get them to Stick into the cavity when pouring the black wasn't working too well. it's a compromise between my skill (or lack of) and actually getting it to work.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I think you are doing an awesome job.

I assume you know about draft and pull direction for molds.

Don't get me wrong I think you are doing an awesome job.

I assume you know about draft and pull direction for molds.
7 percent draft, polished to minimize pull and stick (always pullin "with" the thinnest line or ridge has been my process). once it's finalized I'll mill and polish one up in aluminum as a main master right now I'm finishing up my non colored Aluminum Anodizing process for my sill plates

I kinda like the interaction spots being in there.. I would give you 110 for a pair of those plymouth ones, that indent isn't needed on the top right though, i think you put that there for the gas pedal.. i would be using the drivers one way further back on the carpet..

No rush btw... starting to look like at most i will get to test drive my car before winter if i'm lucky... moving slow :)

I think that big plymouth emblem looks awesome.. and no one will get it but me.. people will just think i'm a star trek fan :)

I kinda like the interaction spots being in there.. I would give you 110 for a pair of those plymouth ones, that indent isn't needed on the top right though, i think you put that there for the gas pedal.. i would be using the drivers one way further back on the carpet..

No rush btw... starting to look like at most i will get to test drive my car before winter if i'm lucky... moving slow :)

I think that big plymouth emblem looks awesome.. and no one will get it but me.. people will just think i'm a star trek fan :)
hmm like this then? but the colors will be a monster to do hmmmmm

1690551629416.png

1690551055219.png

I'm fine either way.. the colors are amazing but will just look dirty in 10 minutes anyway
I'll prototype one up in machinist clay to test the feasibility, then post some pic's all black with just the design engraved, might just look even better than coloring it due to the sand in my drive way :D

-
Back