Dart sport dart swinger quarters

-
That chop top is cool not something you see done with muscle cars often.
Slight update on this I plan to order 68 69 dart quarters and trunk extensions from getallparts.com when I get my tax return in the next couple of days. Money supposed to be in tomorrow. Then over the summer I will work on changing them. Also searching for some 67-69 fastback barracuda quarter window mechanisms, glass, inner metal by back seats (don't know what that's called) and roof sections that provide structure for the sides of the roof where the windows go up. I want to use that stuff to try and eliminate the pop out quarter windows and convert to windows that roll up and down. Figured while the quarters are cut off would be the easiest time to do that no yards near me have any 67-69 fastback cudas that I have found yet. Still searching. The barracuda being an A body in that generation and having the same 108 inch wheelbase as a duster/ dart sport it should be able to make work. I will most likely have to get custom glass cut that matches the shape and curve of the duster/sport glass and matches the bottom of the barracuda glass where it mounts to the regulator mechanism. Has anyone attempted to do that yet? I only found one other thread that talked about making quarter glass roll up and down more than can it be done.

Demon / Duster 1/4 window mods (roll up)

That thread mostly talked about using chevy nova or chevelle parts and died after this

It's actually not possible to do roll up windows in the rear. There is a structural u-channel that goes up through the roof pillar that would need to be removed in order to get a roll down window to work due to the size of the window opening. So this is a dead project for me.

Not exactly 100% sure what he meant by "There is a structural u-channel that goes up through the roof pillar" I haven't taken a close look at it yet. But my hope is that I can use the structure peices from the barracuda to fix that. No matter what it will be alot of cutting welding and fabrication to make work but I think that barracuda will be easier than chevy. If I can find one. Chevy are easy to find tho I know where a few of them are I can get cheap. Including a 69 cutlass roller parts car for 700 in the next town over that's tempting me.

Also was looking into the barracuda and these two pictures are of the inner panel green car is barracuda black is duster
7-jpg.jpg

image-4-jpg.jpg

I see alot a if similarities and I'm betting it's mostly the same panel and if it is I should be able to drill some holes attach some brackets I can see are missing and bolt the regulator mechanism on easily just don't know if the duster/sport glass is more curved and if it is idk if that will cause problems with it going up and down I have read a few things saying duster glass is more curved?

Last edited:
The black one is a Demon I pictured. Here is the U Channel that interferes with the window rolling straight down like molars do. It also hits the wheel well before the whole glass is down in a Demon. Hold your side glass up and you can see quickly what interferes. Maybe on a barracuda you have more room to do this, but I couldn't figure how how to make it work on a Demon. Good luck with your attempt. I'd love to see someone work this detail out!

image-4-jpg.jpg

-
Back