Dart Sport Mirrors

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what non-remote mirrors are correct for the 1974 Dodge Dart Sport?

We have one with 2 rally styles painted the same as the car....BUT they are plastic.........Are they cheap repops?

Anyone have a picture of the correct mirrors for this car?

Well, I can barely see that the 360 has rally bullets of some sort........

Anyone have an actual photo of the bullet mirrors, and can you verify what it's made of?......Steel, etc.........? I would ASSUME it's still metal back in 74.......The Cuda I built had chrome steel (metal...not necessarily steel) bullets.........

Anyone know for sure?

Chrome plated would have remained potmetal. Painted mirrors may very well been plastic in 74. Should have pentastars and part numbers regardless of material used though.

Well, I can barely see that the 360 has rally bullets of some sort........

Anyone have an actual photo of the bullet mirrors, and can you verify what it's made of?......Steel, etc.........? I would ASSUME it's still metal back in 74.......The Cuda I built had chrome steel (metal...not necessarily steel) bullets.........

Anyone know for sure?

Metal for sure on rallye mirrors. ALL will have drivers side remote.

Never heard of a plastic repro. I think your's are parts store type.

Copy of SDswap0023.JPG

THESE are the mirrors that are on the car.......Both sides......ball swivel.....very thick plastic outers.........painted the color of the car...........The car also has no remote on the drivers door.........What say ye......? Stock? Repop? They are definitely not newer parts store repops.....maybe older, thicker, etc......but not Chinese.......

Definately aftermarket mirrors you have there. Vintage for sure, possibly American made. The 2 visable screws are a clue.

i would check the drivers door to see if the adjuster was "filled in". i too had those mirriors on my demon when i got it, and the adjuster was also filled in as well........

What are you getting at.........That these might well be a factory mirror of some sort?..........Strange that 3 cars in this thread so far have had the same mirrors on them, but no one thinks they came that way........????

I haven't had the mirror off the car as yet to see if the hole is filled, if that's the hole you're talking about.........:read2:

I have a pair of them and they are both remote and painted yellow and they are metal.
!00.00 bucks for the pair

What are you getting at.........That these might well be a factory mirror of some sort?..........Strange that 3 cars in this thread so far have had the same mirrors on them, but no one thinks they came that way........????

I haven't had the mirror off the car as yet to see if the hole is filled, if that's the hole you're talking about.........:read2:

Sportmirrors004.jpg

Those are Parts Store mirrors. Never factory original installed. Not strange at all to see cars with them. You see them a lot because they are a common replacement for pitted originals, broken remotes, or/and easy cheaper way of getting matching dual mirrors. I think you can still get them. Check JC Whitney. Maybe change them to all plastic now. But same basic design.

BTW the factory installed right side mirrors are pretty useless. But IMHO, still look better than the plastic JC Whitney mirrors.

I have a pair of them and they are both remote and painted yellow and they are metal.
!00.00 bucks for the pair

Are they original Chrysler Pieces? With passenger side remote? Do those have a long base mounted at an angle? I've seen passenger side remote but on F-bodies and mid 70's Cordobas and such.

They're not JC Whitney mirrors...........at least not from any recent decade that I'm aware of, and nothing like them is currently offered.

Still kinda strange I think........they must have sold thousands and thousands of pairs of these things for us to come up with 4 cars now, in this short thread, that had them when we found the cars.........:read2:

factory mirriors? no way! those are cheap knock offs. what i mean is my car used to have those mirrors on it when i bought it in 05. someone put them on because the original drivers remote mirror was missing for what ever reason. in doing this they closed off the inside remote adjuster hole to make it look as though it never had a remote mirror on the drivers side. that is why i said to check to see that someone didn't do the same here with your car. i would think by 74 remote drivers side mirror would have been a standard item. maybe not though......still worth checking

also word to the wise those mirror hole from those mirrors will not line up correctly with the original rallye mirrors. i had to have the holes welded closed and redrilled correctly to reinstall the factory rallye mirrors. it was worth it though as those plastic mirrors were crap

Plastic mirrors like those and similar were sold by the thousands, probably millions by many manufacturers over several decades..:clock: They are not factory Mopar mirrors, but look good and function on a budget.

-
Back