Dartin for Divorce

-
@kursplat
I totally understand now when people say don't just replace 1 part...

Also don't replace things until it's been proven to be bad ;)
So many times I see people have a problem, replace a part, continue to have a problem but it turns out the new part is bad AND the original problem was something else anyway..

Also don't replace things until it's been proven to be bad ;)
So many times I see people have a problem, replace a part, continue to have a problem but it turns out the new part is bad AND the original problem was something else anyway..

Stop making fun of me. :poke::rofl:

Just kidding... or am I... i know what you mean though. Hence why I'm just planning on always replacing everything from now on :p

Stop making fun of me. :poke::rofl:

Just kidding... or am I... i know what you mean though. Hence why I'm just planning on always replacing everything from now on :p

LOL, some lesson's just have to get learned the hard way!
Hell, I had to get bit by a couple of bad 'new' alternators before I started believing it myself.

Fix what is broke.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That disease "perfect-itis" can be costly. Some things in life need not be perfect.
Good is rarely cheap, and cheap is rarely good. If YOU earn to do the work, it can sometimes, be good and cheap.

Fix what is broke.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That disease "perfect-itis" can be costly. Some things in life need not be perfect.
Good is rarely cheap, and cheap is rarely good. If YOU earn to do the work, it can sometimes, be good and cheap.

I have perfect-itis but because I do the work none of it is perfect but it works pretty well!

I like the phrase if it ain't broke dont fix it, it seems like most parts on a 52yr old car are broke or on their way out, especially parts that have never been replaced before.

So I think im going to pull my console out tomorrow and work on repairing the black plastic on the side and then refinish it. It if turns out nice I may start refinishing everything on the car.... spray paint could get me into trouble lol....

So I've been looking and dreaming about my next car... man these coronets are sexy as hell! I picked the 69 dart because it had the best back end (tail lights, 68 is my favorite year because they have the round turn signals).

The 68 coronet tail lights are so perfect! The 70 front end is pretty perfect too... there is a 68 coronet r/t clone for sale in vegas with the tail lights and I can't stop looking at the fs add, 5k but needs a complete restoration...

I have seen a couple guys refinish their tail panels and lights with spray paint (on facebook) and they look pretty good. I am going to try something... I do with I could get my panel to say GTS though.

20200823_121346.jpg

20200823_121557.jpg

74e07efef109ae2e366f7d9d00cc4765.jpg

1970-dodge-coronet-rt.jpg

57a67616603a2977f3991063c8348d7d.jpg

1970_dodge_coronet_rt_2.jpg

Screenshot_20200823-121857_Facebook.jpg

I love that one-year-only '70 Coronet bodystyle too. That and the also one-year-only '70 Road Runner. Both great designs. The pinnacle of Mopar muscle cars. $adly, $till out of my league.

I love that one-year-only '70 Coronet bodystyle too. That and the also one-year-only '70 Road Runner. Both great designs. The pinnacle of Mopar muscle cars. $adly, $till out of my league.

I just love the headlights. Roadrunners are cool, but everyone has one, no one has a coronet lol. Shoot if they are out of your league they are way out of mine! :D

here's 2 pieces that are looking pretty decent. I mean not perfect recharges pieces but way better than before, hopefully the paint turns out decent. I used a metallic silver.

I also used plastic bondo on the 2 broken spots on the console. Tomorrow ill sand those spots down then paint the whole thing with textured black paint. Ill also try and finish the rest of the silver pieces.

20200823_191156.jpg

20200823_191137.jpg

20200823_191014.jpg

And all the glory of the silver metallic paint. Just have to figure out why I always get these imperfections with the paint not being flat, it looks like goosebumps in the paint lol.

20200824_113854.jpg

20200824_113906.jpg

orange peel. need to wet sand it if you want it smooth. doesn't look bad in the pics, almost like argent. are you going to leave the whole thing silver? the sun bouncing off it will be fun:lol:

orange peel. need to wet sand it if you want it smooth. doesn't look bad in the pics, almost like argent. are you going to leave the whole thing silver? the sun bouncing off it will be fun:lol:

The whole thing was silver (well technically chrome) before I painted it... A black or carbon fiber middle would probably look great, the guy i saw do it with this stuff on Facebook used a carbon fiber vinyl overlay.

Its not bad except for on a couple of spots. Ill probably wet sand it.

I'm nobody's idea of a painter, but I do put myself in the King of Rattle Cans competition on a regular basis. I usually lay down 2-3 light coats first, then when they are good and dry, a heavier final coat. As others have mentioned, the last coat needs to be fairly wet to smooth out to a glossy finish. Spraying too dry a coat makes it mealy, as does too hot or cold.

If it's 90 outside, what would Hunny Bunny say to laying newspapers all over the kitchen floor and doing this inside in the A/C? :rolleyes:

I'm nobody's idea of a painter, but I do put myself in the King of Rattle Cans competition on a regular basis. I usually lay down 2-3 light coats first, then when they are good and dry, a heavier final coat. As others have mentioned, the last coat needs to be fairly wet to smooth out to a glossy finish. Spraying too dry a coat makes it mealy, as does too hot or cold.

If it's 90 outside, what would Hunny Bunny say to laying newspapers all over the kitchen floor and doing this inside in the A/C? :rolleyes:

The boss would give me a hard no if I asked that question. :( I'll do a heavy clear at the end :)

-
Back