Dartin for Divorce

-
... Or, you could get the woodgrain stickers that actually belong on there.

I dont know how much I like the wood grain insert, I've never seen it in person before. If I had a sweet wood grain steering wheel and wood shifter knob it would probably look much better? This is a sweet interior. Was the wood steering wheel and shifter knob stock on the gts?

and have another gift for the car show up? :eek:

I have fuel lines coming this week... the metal ones that run from the carb to the mech fuel pump...

@Johnny Dart taking your advice, going with the stock fuel lines! Then I'll run a new line from the gas tank pick up and a return line back.

ca0810-96598_3@2x.jpg

Last edited:
the carbo fiber would look good in your dart. can always change it if you don't like it...
love the 68'-69' steering wheel. i have one for the valiant, but man is it going to need some work first

the carbo fiber would look good in your dart. can always change it if you don't like it...
love the 68'-69' steering wheel. i have one for the valiant, but man is it going to need some work first

I agree with the carbon fiber. I also like the wood wheel, shifter knob and console top, but I think it would look best in a dark green dart. Ill have to make up my mind one day, or as you say change it out.

I dont know how much I like the wood grain insert, I've never seen it in person before. If I had a sweet wood grain steering wheel and wood shifter knob it would probably look much better? This is a sweet interior. Was the wood steering wheel and shifter knob stock on the gts?
I'm about 95% sure that the wood grain 3-spoke steering wheel was optional on all '69 Darts and wasn't part of any package. Same goes for the console, which came with the woodgrain inserts and the woodgrain shifter knob... again not part of any package, and you could get it on any '69 Dart with bucket seats.

I'm about 95% sure that the wood grain 3-spoke steering wheel was optional on all '69 Darts and wasn't part of any package. Same goes for the console, which came with the woodgrain inserts and the woodgrain shifter knob... again not part of any package, and you could get it on any '69 Dart with bucket seats.

I think you're right, I did some looking around the internet and saw others saying the wood was a package.

This is the console I saw restored on fb and I've been copying his directions using the same things he used.

I really like the cup holder idea.

Screenshot_20200825-131322_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200825-131335_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200825-130320_Facebook.jpg

So I forgot a step... the guy sprayed bedliner on the black part of the console to get it textured after fixing it with the plastic bond. I didnt do that so the paint didn't fill in the imperfections quite as well as I was hoping. Im trying to decide if I should spray some bed liner on it then repaint it with a gloss black.... it looks off black in the light, idk if its the paint or if its the light reflections in that spot while the sun is starting to go down.

20200825_180858.jpg

20200825_180832.jpg

20200825_180802.jpg

20200825_180739.jpg

20200825_180701.jpg

Looks good, but don't know of i want to fix the imperfections or not. Also dont know if I want to do bedliner or find another way to add texture.

20200826_121130.jpg

20200826_121118.jpg

20200826_121047.jpg

I hate this silver paint... its been 2 days, still not dry lol. I moved it to the trunk of the car to get it out of the way. Wife dropped a bag on it, then my daughter started touching it while asking "daddy is this dry?" LOL.

I sprayed some paint to try and clean it up,but then it just started to run... so i may have to get new paint and start the process from scratch again.

20200827_132312.jpg

20200827_132256.jpg

All "chrome" paint sucks. It is a joke. All of it, every brand. It will forever be rubbing off onto whatever touches it. Even if it actually seems "dry". Strip it and do something different.

By the way, most bedliner is not paintable.

All "chrome" paint sucks. It is a joke. All of it, every brand. It will forever be rubbing off onto whatever touches it. Even if it actually seems "dry". Strip it and do something different.

By the way, most bedliner is not paintable.

Yea i was actually thinking about looking for some chrome vinyl.

Do-it-yourself "chrome" vinyl? Never heard of it. Are you thinking of that mylar chrome? It won't stay on in the heat, plus it does not wrap around corners well, if at all. However, you may be able to find someone who could "wrap" it in something that looks a lot like chrome.

Do-it-yourself "chrome" vinyl? Never heard of it. Are you thinking of that mylar chrome? It won't stay on in the heat, plus it does not wrap around corners well, if at all. However, you may be able to find someone who could "wrap" it in something that looks a lot like chrome.

The same 3m vinyl I got for the top of the console, I can get it in chrome as well.

I did a vinyl wrap on my old houses counter tops in the kitchen, right over the old laminate and it looked just like marble.

Doc I know when your spraying plastic and wanting to take usually there’s a primer to use so it etched than spray the chrome paint onto it but don’t use a clear as it will yellow it .

I took off my rear trunk trim to tape it off and try my hand with painting it... well let's just say I'm not a great taper.... so it did not get painted.

I did find a cool emblem under the trunk trim though.

Also side rant... i purchased 1k bullets to finish reloading some 5.56 ammo and USPS delivered them yesterday... to the wrong address...

20200828_094051.jpg

-
Back