Dartin for Divorce

-
You need more stall than that anyway.

Agree. Many people have said, im pretty sure including you in past converter questions, Tight 3500 stall from PTC is good for my set up.

Also many people have said its one of the best bang for the buck upgrades on the car. So here I am... listening, or at least trying to lol. :thankyou:

Agree. Many people have said, im pretty sure including you in past converter questions, Tight 3500 stall from PTC is good for my set up.

Also many people have said its one of the best bang for the buck upgrades on the car. So here I am... listening, or at least trying to lol. :thankyou:

It really is. I do agree though, that it should be running at its optimum AS IS to avoid any compiled issues. It's really easy to stack problems on top of each other and end up making a bad call on something. Just keep askin questions as you go. You'll be fine.

It really is. I do agree though, that it should be running at its optimum AS IS to avoid any compiled issues. It's really easy to stack problems on top of each other and end up making a bad call on something. Just keep askin questions as you go. You'll be fine.

I mean. Ive been cleaning up the problems as I get them, doesn't prevent more from popping up though. As for the transmission I've done everything except pull the pan and adjust the pressure screw. Figured I'd do that once I get a tc and vb then see how she goes.

As for the bog I've eliminated 85-90% of it, i think its mainly just coming from the downshift now. Because once it downshift it goes pretty good.

The brakes, idk why they keep going soft. They were great until I pulled the E-brake cable which shouldn't have affected it because the ebrake cable is mechanical... I rebled them a different way and did it by myself for the rears. Then I let the fronts gravity bleed for like 15-20 minutes each FR and FL. Right now they are nice and hard, drove it yesterday.

I mean. Ive been cleaning up the problems as I get them, doesn't prevent more from popping up though. As for the transmission I've done everything except pull the pan and adjust the pressure screw. Figured I'd do that once I get a tc and vb then see how she goes.

As for the bog I've eliminated 85-90% of it, i think its mainly just coming from the downshift now. Because once it downshift it goes pretty good.

The brakes, idk why they keep going soft. They were great until I pulled the E-brake cable which shouldn't have affected it because the ebrake cable is mechanical... I rebled them a different way and did it by myself for the rears. Then I let the fronts gravity bleed for like 15-20 minutes each FR and FL. Right now they are nice and hard, drove it yesterday.

Well now......sorta. The rear brakes have a LOT to do with pedal height. Do me a favor. Next time you have it in the air with the rear wheels off, take a good picture of each side with the drums off and post them.

Well now......sorta. The rear brakes have a LOT to do with pedal height. Do me a favor. Next time you have it in the air with the rear wheels off, take a good picture of each side with the drums off and post them.

Ok will do. I hate taking the drums off, I have to back off the adjusters before the drums come off lol. I set them to how the FSM directed. Adjust them until they drag, press pedal firm to center the shoes, adjust tighter 1-2 notches until they drag if need be then back off until they no longer drag.

Ok will do. I hate taking the drums off, I have to back off the adjusters before the drums come off lol. I set them to how the FSM directed. Adjust them until they drag, press pedal firm to center the shoes, adjust tighter 1-2 notches until they drag if need be then back off until they no longer drag.

Yeah that's about right.

There's a tc in the sale section right now, its a 3500 stall. Idk if its tight though, the guy said it was a little more loose and he used it behind his 318.

I also have decided I need a bigger garage asap! This thing is pretty.

Screenshot_20201229-115455_Facebook.jpg

Yes bigger garage indeed. That looks like a 69 coronet, beautiful.

Yep its a 69 coronet 500 with a 318. Guy is selling it for 18k in California because he found an E body he wants.

I'm going to go to harbor freight today to buy some carbide burs. I've looked online and didn't find many at home depot

Yep its a 69 coronet 500 with a 318. Guy is selling it for 18k in California because he found an E body he wants.

I'm going to go to harbor freight today to buy some carbide burs. I've looked online and didn't find many at home depot
Nice you going to get a harbor freight for grinder also? I bought these burrs off the Mac tool truck about a decade ago, still haven’t used them.
E4C9BD00-30F1-45F2-B13E-25C30036B3CF.jpeg

@Dartsun no I have a brand new die grinder... got it with my impact gun. I just don't have any carbide burs. I'll check home depot first. I also have to go over to Aarcuda's place again and remember to bring the heads home. Ive been reading the threads on porting the J heads here on FABO as well, to try and set myself up for success...

20201229_132246.jpg

Nice deal. I went with an electric die grinder cause those air powered ones take up quite a bit of air compressor. I have that same kit but the Kobalt brand one.

Nice deal. I went with an electric die grinder cause those air powered ones take up quite a bit of air compressor. I have that same kit but the Kobalt brand one.

I needed the air impact to do my ball joints, electric would be nice but im not buying another just for this lol.

I needed the air impact to do my ball joints, electric would be nice but im not buying another just for this lol.
Geez the electric one is 47$ at harbor freight, I think I got mine on sale. I feel like I wouldn’t paid that much for it. How big air compressor you have?

Warning! Since it's of a somewhat similar size, shape, and color, after several beers you might not be able to tell them apart. When you're trying to start the Dart with the Coronet keys and can't figure out why it's not working, it's time to let wifey drive you home. :D

Warning! Since it's of a somewhat similar size, shape, and color, after several beers you might not be able to tell them apart. When you're trying to start the Dart with the Coronet keys and can't figure out why it's not working, it's time to let wifey drive you home. :D

Very true. See another good valid reason to only have automatic cars... so the wife can drive them as well...

I was going to go get burs. But I think I may take a nap...Its cold outside and I'm getting old.

Its 15 gallons. Ive had it forever and got it for free

I had trouble keeping up with grinders with my old craftsman 30g (direct drive "rattler" pump).

I now have a husky belt drive piston pumped, two stage 60g and it will keep up, but only because of the start-stop to clear off debris and such. If it was a constant-on situation, I'd definitely run out of air with grinders or cutoff tools. Keeps up with most everything else though!

If I were you, I'd use the shortest and biggest diameter hose you can get that will work for your application.. Even if the end fittings wind up needing to be "stepped down". A larger hose helps get the most out of the compressor you have. Otherwise it takes more pressure to get the same "cfm", and direct drive pumps aren't the best at the higher pressures.

My old 30g had a hard time keeping up with an air ratchet while I used a cheap hose (one of those plastic coil style jobbers, they suck). I then went and got a rubber 1/2" hose and made a step down coupler at the tool end to mount a 3/8" quick attach - it made a bigger difference than it should have! Since then I try to keep the hose as big as I can to ensure max flow. A good quality rubber 3/8" hose also works well. I still use several for tools that need more mobility (1/2" hoses are bulky), and I use a cheap HF 3/8" hose for blasting work (don't want to ruin the good stuff) and it seems to do OK with that task.

No working on car today. Cleaned and organized the garage. Just have the bolts left on the tool chest. Ive been thinking about getting rid of that poker table since I've never used it. Super nice wood with leather on it, I got it for free from a Dr who I helped load up his moving truck....

I need more space. To many boxes and bags of baby clothes on the garage racks.

20201230_193137.jpg

20201230_193122.jpg

In my wildest dreams I would aspire to be as organized as you are bitchin' about. At least you have a concrete floor in your garage. Hey, it's all relative. There's potential there to do great things with not a lot of "what others have". From the last 100+ pages, it seems like you've done wonders with what you do have; not to dissuade you from cleaning up. Been following for... quite some time now and seriously appreciating your challenges.

In my wildest dreams I would aspire to be as organized as you are bitchin' about. At least you have a concrete floor in your garage. Hey, it's all relative. There's potential there to do great things with not a lot of "what others have". From the last 100+ pages, it seems like you've done wonders with what you do have; not to dissuade you from cleaning up. Been following for... quite some time now and seriously appreciating your challenges.

Thanka for the vote of confidence! Appreciating my challenges? Lol I feel like I constantly have those :lol:

I'd be building some overhead shelving for the light stuff like coolers and diapers. Move that tool box to a side wall.

I'd be building some overhead shelving for the light stuff like coolers and diapers. Move that tool box to a side wall.

I had overhead shelves in my last house, they were great! We are renting this house so I can't put them up here. Sides have no room to move the toolbox to unless I get rid of the table, then I could put it there.

-
Back