Dartin for Divorce

-
Running top notch with the new fuel pump. What's even better is I have no more leaks in the engine bay.... only 1 right where the driveshaft goes into the tail shaft, and that one is small.

Got my new MC, it was on sale so I couldn't pass it up. The most exciting part about it you ask? It doesn't require a special grommet! Literally feel down the hole where the MC push rod goes and it has no little indent space that a grommet would fill. :drama::lol:

20210328_110755.jpg

20210328_125151.jpg

20210328_132038.jpg

What MC is it?

Raybestos MC39451, it's a 7/8th bore mc with 3/8 front and rear port fitting size. They came stock on the 92ish dodge stealth.

The only thing I don't like about it is the slanted brake fluid reservoir but at the end of the day no big deal.

If you want stock port sizes the 90 Dakota came with a 15/16 bore MC but again slanted brake fluid reservoir

Raybestos MC39451, it's a 7/8th bore mc with 3/8 front and rear port fitting size. They came stock on the 92ish dodge stealth.

The only thing I don't like about it is the slanted brake fluid reservoir but at the end of the day no big deal.

If you want stock port sizes the 90 Dakota came with a 15/16 bore MC but again slanted brake fluid reservoir

I have the 15/16 bore now with 4 wheel disc. Having a heck of time getting them right. I am bringing it into the shop tomorrow to have them take a look. I have to be missing something.

I have the 15/16 bore now with 4 wheel disc. Having a heck of time getting them right. I am bringing it into the shop tomorrow to have them take a look. I have to be missing something.

Do you run a proportioning valve or a metering block. If you run the proportioning valve they supposedly won't feel right.

I've been a year with my stuff never quite feeling right... hence all the lines, bleeding and mc's lol. Hopefully Tony can figure out my problem one day when I get it over there...

Do you run a proportioning valve or a metering block. If you run the proportioning valve they supposedly won't feel right.

I've been a year with my stuff never quite feeling right... hence all the lines, bleeding and mc's lol. Hopefully Tony can figure out my problem one day when I get it over there...

No prop valve, just the distribution block. I am hoping the shop can take care of it tomorrow.

No prop valve, just the distribution block. I am hoping the shop can take care of it tomorrow.

That's probably the faster way to take care of the problem, albeit more expensive.... well unless like what I've done by replacing everything once or twice lol.

That's probably the faster way to take care of the problem, albeit more expensive.... well unless like what I've done by replacing everything once or twice lol.

Lol. It's the only thing (hopefully) preventing me from driving it after building it for the last 8 years.

Well, I feel foolish!!! He just called and found that the banjo bolt on the rear was leaking. He found that the copper washer had a nub on it, so he replaced it and all is well! Man I've been banging my head for months on this. I guess it pays to have a lift where you can really get in there.

He was also impressed with how how it stopped. He said once the pads bed in, this thing will be nice.

He also did alignment and got -5 camber and +2.5 caster, so right in the performance street on the skosh chart. So I am thrilled!

Well, I feel foolish!!! He just called and found that the banjo bolt on the rear was leaking. He found that the copper washer had a nub on it, so he replaced it and all is well! Man I've been banging my head for months on this. I guess it pays to have a lift where you can really get in there.

He was also impressed with how how it stopped. He said once the pads bed in, this thing will be nice.

He also did alignment and got -5 camber and +2.5 caster, so right in the performance street on the skosh chart. So I am thrilled!

Could you see a drip and paint coming off the rear end?

What kind of problems have you been having, besides "not feeling right." Have you had trouble bleeding them, 2nd pump being stiffer than first pump on the brake pedal, or?

I only ask because it seems like I've tried everything... except prop valve, ordering a new adjustable one tonight. I should probably order new drums too, as those aren't new either... then everything will be new. But I want rear discs eventually so don't really want to get new drums in the rear lol.

Could you see a drip and paint coming off the rear end?

What kind of problems have you been having, besides "not feeling right." Have you had trouble bleeding them, 2nd pump being stiffer than first pump on the brake pedal, or?

I only ask because it seems like I've tried everything... except prop valve, ordering a new adjustable one tonight. I should probably order new drums too, as those aren't new either... then everything will be new. But I want rear discs eventually so don't really want to get new drums in the rear lol.

The rear wheels wouldn't stop when the car was on stands. They would slow, but not stop. I bled them about 6 times different times, power bleeder, pump and hold, gravity and nothing helped. I then gave up, lol. I needed an alignment anyway so it worked out. The pedal feel is night and day, before it was kinda soft now it's high and hard.

This is 4 wheel disc, btw.

The rear wheels wouldn't stop when the car was on stands. They would slow, but not stop. I bled them about 6 times different times, power bleeder, pump and hold, gravity and nothing helped. I then gave up, lol. I needed an alignment anyway so it worked out. The pedal feel is night and day, before it was kinda soft now it's high and hard.

This is 4 wheel disc, btw.

I can't fit 4 wheel disc on my car yet.... I think it pushes the wheels out and.... I got no space in the rear wheels between the wheels and fender.... lol

I can't fit 4 wheel disc on my car yet.... I think it pushes the wheels out and.... I got no space in the rear wheels between the wheels and fender.... lol

Oh gotcha! Yea, the rear track width does increase. Your problem now is the front brakes dragging?

Oh gotcha! Yea, the rear track width does increase. Your problem now is the front brakes dragging?

Yes my front calipers are dragging. The FSM says air in lines or rears adjusted wrong but I've bled so many times and adjusted the rears so many times that I think its the prop valve (hopefully)...

I'm going to try the new prop valve, MC and these little guys- copper flare washers. SS lines can be hard to mate, so hopefully these help with mating to the prop valve and brass fittings.

Screenshot_20210330-093230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Didn't get anything done today but... I have a great friend, I was able to get a new proportioning valve to try out and see if it helps cure my brake problem.

Tomorrow if I'm done early my plan is to bleed the MC, then install new prop valve and rebleed brakes. See if this cures my problems... I may try to grab some bleeders for my other calipers and throw those on as well... went to autozone and they didn't have any 7/16 -20 bleeder screws on hand, unless I wanted to buy the 15 dollar variety pack.

Ooh... I did file my taxes.. so if @70aarcuda friend wants to take a deposit on his car I may be able to sneak some money his way :thumbsup:... I called first dibs on the chance to purchase it today....:D

20210330_155456.jpg

Something you never hear about these days is brake shoe arcing. Might google it Doc.

Didn't get anything done today but... I have a great friend, I was able to get a new proportioning valve to try out and see if it helps cure my brake problem.

Tomorrow if I'm done early my plan is to bleed the MC, then install new prop valve and rebleed brakes. See if this cures my problems... I may try to grab some bleeders for my other calipers and throw those on as well... went to autozone and they didn't have any 7/16 -20 bleeder screws on hand, unless I wanted to buy the 15 dollar variety pack.

Ooh... I did file my taxes.. so if @70aarcuda friend wants to take a deposit on his car I may be able to sneak some money his way :thumbsup:... I called first dibs on the chance to purchase it today....:D

View attachment 1715716416

you need to divorce your wife and marry my oldest daughter if you even want to ride in it...LOL

can pay my taxes if you want....

you should have taken the power bleeder with you....

you need to divorce your wife and marry my oldest daughter if you even want to ride in it...LOL

can pay my taxes if you want....

you should have taken the power bleeder with you....

I was talking about your friends car, the dart :rofl: I already know I'm not even allowed to look at the cuda without your daughters permission lol

I'd love to pay your taxes... except I know I don't have that much money haha.

Power bleeder? Isn't that what the wife is for? You're right though, I should have grabbed it, didn't even think about it.

Then narrow the housing a little.

why pay for a degreaser when we all have a old battery somewhere. empty the old acid on the stains and use your wife's best house broom and scrub for a few strokes and hose it off. now you will have white concrete to bleed on when the wife gets home or you are a M.G.T.O.W. and have no worries. I do like the use a old carpet on a plastic sheet idea a lot. good for the knees when one is on them chasing the run away nuts.

-
Back