Dartin for Divorce

-
If you’d be interested in a big block, I’ve got a fresh built, forged 383 I’d sell for quite a bit less than it could be built for. Nice to see you back posting again

A big block would be fun, but there is already no room in my engine bay right now with the 340, a big block would be even less room lol.

A big block would be fun, but there is already no room in my engine bay right now with the 340, a big block would be even less room lol.
Nah. Several people have fit big blocks in no problem. Heck I’m doing it

Nah. Several people have fit big blocks in no problem. Heck I’m doing it

I mean I am good at fitting big things into tight spaces... but not motors. I want another 340... but I will settle for a 360 if I have too. Just made a cart on Summit Racing... got head bolts and gaskets... going to go buy spark plug wires today.

These wheels popped up on my ads while on this site, and even though they are Ford wheels I think they could look awesome on this car. I even like the GT center cap .

View attachment 1715369609
yes they look good on a FORD. If you like this style of rim then get the ones without the GT logo on it and then get some dart GT logo's and put them on the center of the rim. Then even the Ford knowledgeable ones may be stumped,,, or not. I may be wrong but the bolt pattern is not the same as the small bolt pattern Dodge's and Plymouth's. So far you are on the safe side of the prego drama queen's side (your words not mine) of spending on your dart and if this turns out to be a bad buy and a waste of good money for lets say more shoes and much more important fake up products then you may find yourself digging into other peoples garbage cans for parts to finish the now hated poison dart in her soft but now hard as a tortoise shell flesh spending purse. P.S. As a Canadian i enjoyed seeing your daughter wearing winter boots in the desert heat area of southern U.S.A. Your throw it away because it's too rusty cars to me are a true score to any Canadian car guy.

I mean I am good at fitting big things into tight spaces... but not motors. I want another 340... but I will settle for a 360 if I have too. Just made a cart on Summit Racing... got head bolts and gaskets... going to go buy spark plug wires today.
Do you need a block? You’re in Missouri right? March 4th/5th is the Indoor Indianapolis Mopar only swap meet. It’s worth the drive over.

yes they look good on a FORD. If you like this style of rim then get the ones without the GT logo on it and then get some dart GT logo's and put them on the center of the rim. Then even the Ford knowledgeable ones may be stumped,,, or not. I may be wrong but the bolt pattern is not the same as the small bolt pattern Dodge's and Plymouth's. So far you are on the safe side of the prego drama queen's side (your words not mine) of spending on your dart and if this turns out to be a bad buy and a waste of good money for lets say more shoes and much more important fake up products then you may find yourself digging into other peoples garbage cans for parts to finish the now hated poison dart in her soft but now hard as a tortoise shell flesh spending purse. P.S. As a Canadian i enjoyed seeing your daughter wearing winter boots in the desert heat area of southern U.S.A. Your throw it away because it's too rusty cars to me are a true score to any Canadian car guy.

That was from when I first got my car. I went with some black steelies in 5x4.5 bbp and some redline caps. It looks great!

As for rust. I don't want to deal with rust, I am not a welder and not a big fan of body work. So I prefer to get a car without any rust then play with the mechanicals of it.

Do you need a block? You’re in Missouri right? March 4th/5th is the Indoor Indianapolis Mopar only swap meet. It’s worth the drive over.

I don't "need" a block... I want a block so I can build a stroker motor while still being able to drive my car. I am waiting on shipping info from a guy willing to ship a 340 block and all the internals for a stroker minus rods...

Indianapolis, I wonder where that is in comparison to where I am, I will look it up.

I don't "need" a block... I want a block so I can build a stroker motor while still being able to drive my car. I am waiting on shipping info from a guy willing to ship a 340 block and all the internals for a stroker minus rods...

Indianapolis, I wonder where that is in comparison to where I am, I will look it up.
3-4 hours from St Louis. Straight across in I70

That was from when I first got my car. I went with some black steelies in 5x4.5 bbp and some redline caps. It looks great!

As for rust. I don't want to deal with rust, I am not a welder and not a big fan of body work. So I prefer to get a car without any rust then play with the mechanicals of it.
glad you went for other rims. As for the rust i understand but i also never met anyone who loved rust except body men rubbing their cash hands together. You did make me giggle. A skilled dentist that repairs, grinds, sands and polish's (rotten /damaged ) teeth that can not be bothered about rust on cars.:poke: Different area of expertise i guess.:canada:

To bad its so cold outside... or Id be putting all this crap on my car this weekend...

20220224_105556(0).jpg

20220224_210832.jpg

Dropped heads off at the machine shop to be looked over and cleaned up. They will also clean the flash out of the ports... will be done next week. Then I'll put them on and do some donuts... Most likely, I'll just be getting some donuts.

Dropped heads off at the machine shop to be looked over and cleaned up. They will also clean the flash out of the ports... will be done next week. Then I'll put them on and do some donuts... Most likely, I'll just be getting some donuts.
Hoping to get my heads and cam installed sometime this summer. Probably not. :BangHead:

Wife said my work is not perfect...but, reasonably fast for an old fart!\
The older ta get, the more ya think about finishing something.. before ya croak!!??:poke::realcrazy::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

You should do it before the weather turns nice, that way its done for the summer when you want to be driving it.
Plan was to do it over the winter but I’ve been covered up with work since the end of October. Also don’t have my rocker arms yet and need to send off my cam to Oregon cams to get ground. Also found out yesterday that looks like we’re going to be selling our farm, so I need to start selling some crap, finish parting my two parts cars and start packing up to move sometime in June… damn, it’s gonna be a fun year… lol

I am running my stock rockers and rocker arms. Then not changing anything else besides the heads on the car. Maybe one day I'll be able to change it all the right way. Currently looking at dental offices ao I can hopefully buy one this year.

I am running my stock rockers and rocker arms. Then not changing anything else besides the heads on the car. Maybe one day I'll be able to change it all the right way. Currently looking at dental offices ao I can hopefully buy one this year.
I’m installing my heads on a 5.9 magnum, so I need to use rockers that allow oiling through the pushrods.

Called the shop, the guy said the heads will be done by the end of the day... waiting to take the Dart apart until I know 100% they will be done. I wonder if I am forgetting anything...

20220304_111526.jpg

20220304_124019.jpg

20220304_144909.jpg

20220304_144903.jpg

I like to drain the water jacket when doing heads - less mess that way. I hate antifreeze...
If you've never removed the drains in your block, they may not come out easily though.

Pictures of my progress. My buddy came over to help me take it apart last saturday... then we started drinking and didn't have time to put it back together.... started working on it again yesterday... broke my capacitor and called it a day... planned on finishing it today but.... busted my power steering pump... ordered and picked up a new one, now waiting on new ps hoses, figured I should put new ones on instead of the old ones.... it would look 100x better without this old shitty non-working a/c system and if the wiring was such a mess on the firewall... new hoses will be here Wednesday so Ill finish this week. I also got new header bolts... and stripped one of the brand new ARP head bolts when torqueing it down the first round at 45 ft lbs... had to put an old bolt in the hole.

20220305_111539.jpg

20220305_121732.jpg

20220305_170649.jpg

20220305_132222.jpg

20220305_151508.jpg

20220306_151234.jpg

20220313_115544.jpg

20220313_160137.jpg

20220313_183906.jpg

Nice progress. I'm going through the same thing now. Edelbrock heads on my 340 and I believe we have the same cam (xe268H). Curious how it performs.

@plumkrazee70 I'm sure it will perform pretty much the same, most racers don't see much difference in time slips between the eddys or the SM. Do you have the same or close to the same setup with headers, exhaust, gears, etc etc. My transmission shifts are still off and my torque converter is only a cheap stock rebuild.

@plumkrazee70 I'm sure it will perform pretty much the same, most racers don't see much difference in time slips between the eddys or the SM. Do you have the same or close to the same setup with headers, exhaust, gears, etc etc. My transmission shifts are still off and my torque converter is only a cheap stock rebuild.

I was commenting on how your setup performs compared to before. :)
I have a 4 speed
4.10 gears
Fitech EFI
Air gap intake
Doug's headers with 2.5 full exhaust
My block .040 over with Keith Black hypers

-
Back