Dartin for Divorce

-
AVS2 carb = best thing I've done to car so far, aside from making it drivable. Throttle response is amazing, steady power all the way through the gears, and smiles across our faces listening to the exhaust notes and JoJo Siwa playing on the phone out of a little portable speaker in the car. I'll eventually have to fix my radio.

Here's a cold start, RPM's hang out around 1800-2k.

Second video is it a little warmed up with the kids and I about to go to Sam's club for some ribs to smoke today for dinner .

theres a fast idle adjustment to drop the 18-2K down if you like, read the carb manual, adjustment is behind the choke

theres a fast idle adjustment to drop the 18-2K down if you like, read the carb manual, adjustment is behind the choke

Ok I'll look for that one, I've only done the idle adjustment that is on the front of the carb next to the gas pedal linkage. When it's warmed up it idles around 8-900 RPM and sounds nice. I also adjusted the Lokar shifter linkage and the thing shifts as smooth as butter when I'm hammering on the gas. :)

The wheels lose traction and start spinning right as you punch it which is fun but I'd rather the tires hook up. :)

Washed the car today, and cleaned on the interior. The little things are killing me with the car, all the little bubbles, cracks in paint, door card being broken, etc. I just wish I could fix it all right now, my OCD gets me, I want it to be perfect! :D

Ok I'll look for that one, I've only done the idle adjustment that is on the front of the carb next to the gas pedal linkage. When it's warmed up it idles around 8-900 RPM and sounds nice. I also adjusted the Lokar shifter linkage and the thing shifts as smooth as butter when I'm hammering on the gas. :)

The wheels lose traction and start spinning right as you punch it which is fun but I'd rather the tires hook up. :)

Washed the car today, and cleaned on the interior. The little things are killing me with the car, all the little bubbles, cracks in paint, door card being broken, etc. I just wish I could fix it all right now, my OCD gets me, I want it to be perfect! :D

just curious, have you ever seen a crack addict?

go look in the mirror, you have achieved the early stages of a car addict LOL

RUN away

just curious, have you ever seen a crack addict?

go look in the mirror, you have achieved the early stages of a car addict LOL

RUN away

My friend, I've been addicted for a long long time. I've just tried to stay good in dental school, but now I caught the bug with this car. The nice part is, I have majority of the big pieces to do bigger projects The bad part with all the projects is the little expenses that add up while doing everything. Especially when I'm having to buy new tools and stuff to complete a project.

Found some more crack in my trunk... Literally

Sway bar with mounts, some bolts and some washers.

Floor shifter and brackets to hook it up and an extra set of torsion bars.

Oh these dash lights are also pretty neat, my flashers turned on when I first turned power in the ignition but neither of them blink when the car is on. My driver's side rear taillight is out, but I have a bulb which maybe that will fix the problem?

I looked at the stock manifolds I took off and I dont think my driver's side one is the original from 68, unless they put 73' stamps on them. The passenger side is original I think.
Oh also my windshield wipers work! Woot woot!

20190915_194534.jpg

20190915_194105.jpg

20190915_194734.jpg

20190915_194858.jpg

20190915_191944.jpg

20190915_191952.jpg

20190915_191931.jpg

My friend, I've been addicted for a long long time. I've just tried to stay good in dental school, but now I caught the bug with this car. The nice part is, I have majority of the big pieces to do bigger projects The bad part with all the projects is the little expenses that add up while doing everything. Especially when I'm having to buy new tools and stuff to complete a project.

tools are great, some I have only been used once or twice but the amount of time I have saved in being able to have the right tool has been worth every penny, next is you gotta have more tool boxes to store tools though, vicious cycle that never ends

tools are great, some I have only been used once or twice but the amount of time I have saved in being able to have the right tool has been worth every penny, next is you gotta have more tool boxes to store tools though, vicious cycle that never ends

I've been scavenging the market places for a new tool box... Haven't found the right deal yet, soon I will find one.

Found these though, dog dish hubcaps/poverty caps, they fit 15 in cop car wheels I believe is what I've read .

Screenshot_20190915-162828_OfferUp.jpg

Woot Woot! Drove the car all the way to school this morning and guess what, it made it and even made it all the way home without blowing up!

Something did blow up though, my daughter. She apparently woke up pissed this morning that I took her purple car this morning without asking her if I could take her purple car. Then when I got home she ran out into the garage and yelled at me for taking her car without asking, that I am not allowed to take her purple car without asking first. She says "when I am an adult I will be driving the purple car and mommy will sit in front with me and daddy you will have to sit in the back!" She also made this awesome picture for me while she was at school, that is her purple car and my purple truck (that I do not own)."

I drove on a main street with stop lights this morning and the car didn't over heat and I didn't notice many problems. Driving home I took the freeway and it drove very well up until 65 mph @ 65 mph the car runs at about 2700 rpms but it has a "speed wobble" (what we used to call it in jeeps). Pretty much it is a noticeable vibration coming from the right front wheel area. In the jeep when I got it, the problem was bad track bar bushings. Maybe the bushings in the front end all need replaced, I do know it needs an alignment because it pulls slightly to the right.

20190916_152755.jpg

Last edited:
Also my left flasher light stays on while I drive, ugh.

Also I need to figure out how to tighten the rear view mirror because it's just flipping in the wind.

20190916_191130.jpg

20190916_073505.jpg

Also my left flasher light stays on while I drive, ugh.

Also I need to figure out how to tighten the rear view mirror because it's just flipping in the wind.
these are all normal occurrences. start by checking all the marker bulbs. you are on the verge of getting a couple more mopar merit badges :)

these are all normal occurrences. start by checking all the marker bulbs. you are on the verge of getting a couple more mopar merit badges :)

Thanks!

Yea I am not a fan of speed wobble, and I planned on checking all of the bulbs then I'll mess looking at all of the wired connections under the dash. I also found a couple of threads on how people tightened their rear view mirrors up so I will try some of the things listed.

So right before I bought my AVS2 carb I found one local, the guy never got back to me. Well today he got back to me saying he would take 200 for his... I think I am going to buy it, then go return the one I paid full price for. Essentially getting back 150 bucks; does this make me a bad person? haha.

So right before I bought my AVS2 carb I found one local, the guy never got back to me. Well today he got back to me saying he would take 200 for his... I think I am going to buy it, then go return the one I paid full price for. Essentially getting back 150 bucks; does this make me a bad person? haha.
will they take it back if it's been installed?

26 inch fan shroud just came up for sale on here. Not sure if you still need or want one that size???

I think I should be ok, just need to get a coolant overflow cannister and the radiator. I already cut this one and it fits great and should bolt right up to the cold case radiator since it will have the exact dementions as this stock one. Here's driving home today in stop and go traffic with 90 degree weather.

20190918_180837.jpg

Is this one brand new as well? It might be worth the extra 150.00 , if the car runs as good as it does.

Yea he bought it to try on his Chevy, re-jetted up one size then switched back to a Holley.

I think the store should take back the carb, I didn't see anything stating otherwise on their return policy per their website.

Flasher indicator staying lit is possibly a bad ground, or a bad bulb, or both on any of the exterior signal lamps.

Tighten the mirror is easy. If loose at the top, unscrew the mirror base from the headliner and remove it. Inside it visible from the top is a flat metal plate held on with 3 screws that press down on the mirror stalk upper ball socket. Tighten those screws all the way snug. Where the mirror glass frame part attaches to the stalk at its lower end, theres an allen key bolt on the front side. Tighten that if its loose there.

Oh these dash lights are also pretty neat, my flashers turned on when I first turned power in the ignition but neither of them blink when the car is on. My driver's side rear taillight is out, but I have a bulb which maybe that will fix the problem?

I looked at the stock manifolds I took off and I dont think my driver's side one is the original from 68, unless they put 73' stamps on them. The passenger side is original I think.

View attachment 1715394510
If you were to sell just the passenger side manifold, I would be interested. Pm me, if?
View attachment 1715394511

View attachment 1715394512

View attachment 1715394513

View attachment 1715394514

View attachment 1715394515

View attachment 1715394516

View attachment 1715394510

View attachment 1715394511

View attachment 1715394512

View attachment 1715394513

View attachment 1715394514

View attachment 1715394515

View attachment 1715394516
Left is a 73. The 2 raised ears with thru holes in them on the top and front are for a heat riser tin that ducts hot air to the air cleaner for cold weather start.

Flasher indicator staying lit is possibly a bad ground, or a bad bulb, or both on any of the exterior signal lamps.

Tighten the mirror is easy. If loose at the top, unscrew the mirror base from the headliner and remove it. Inside it visible from the top is a flat metal plate held on with 3 screws that press down on the mirror stalk upper ball socket. Tighten those screws all the way snug. Where the mirror glass frame part attaches to the stalk at its lower end, theres an allen key bolt on the front side. Tighten that if its loose there.

Awesome! Just like I've read before, luckily all the smart Mopar guys are hanging out in my thread to reaffirm me with the correct information. Thanks!

-
Back