Dartin for Divorce

-
i hate to say it at this point, but think about removing the thermostat when you pull the radiator, (you don't need to use a gasket for this), and flush as much crud out as you can before the new radiator goes in. you can also save the coolant you just put back in too. drain it into a new drain pan and when you pour it back in, strain it through cheese cloth or something. don't forget to put the thermostat back in View attachment 1715391907

Flush the cooling system again? Why do you hate to say it? Yea I'll make sure I put the thermostat back in, I don't want to drive without one again like the previous owner did lol .

Flush the cooling system again? Why do you hate to say it? Yea I'll make sure I put the thermostat back in, I don't want to drive without one again like the previous owner did lol .
well, i actually wanted to say pull the water pump too, but i didn't want to you getting all :mad:, what with the new kidlet and all :lol:

well, i actually wanted to say pull the water pump too, but i didn't want to you getting all :mad:, what with the new kidlet and all :lol:

Haha. The wp actually only took a couple minutes to pull and not to long to put on again the 2nd time. The headers though, those sucked

Why pull all that though? I just flushed the block as much as possible?

just something to think about depending on how clean the radiator fluid looks when you drain it...again. if it looks good, don't worry about it

just something to think about depending on how clean the radiator fluid looks when you drain it...again. if it looks good, don't worry about it

Ah true. The fluid that came out the other day was the greenest I ever saw it before! Haha.

I'm actually excited to get this stuff on. Honestly I'm excited for every part I get to put on. Not much power it seems like from the headers and exhaust (could be tuning though), maybe the carb will help a little

Ah true. The fluid that came out the other day was the greenest I ever saw it before! Haha.

I'm actually excited to get this stuff on. Honestly I'm excited for every part I get to put on. Not much power it seems like from the headers and exhaust (could be tuning though), maybe the carb will help a little

here it goes, those infamous words "not much power" your in trouble know, have any friends you can swap dental work for therapy? your gonna need it LOL

here it goes, those infamous words "not much power" your in trouble know, have any friends you can swap dental work for therapy? your gonna need it LOL

I'd by therapy you mean add horses to the dart hopefully I can find a friend one day for that! Haha .

Take two of these and call me in the morning!

IMG_20190315_184851.JPG

Take two of these and call me in the morning!

View attachment 1715392134

I almost drove the dart to school today, but it's still hot outside and it had me worried. I figure I should get the radiator, carb and timing done before driving to far from the house. My OCD kicking in I guess. I should probably flush the transmission fluid too... Don't know how to do that yet so I'll figure it out I'm sure with the help of FABO

I forgot to measure the exact length of the radiator to place my order with CC. I was told there are a couple slightly different variations and Kevin at cc wants to make sure I get the radiator that has the most exact fit (what good customer service). Technically i have a 22' radiator but my part # on my current radiator says it's for a 68' /6. .

Note to self and others*** put some extra $$ away before you take your car apart, especially if it's for an extended period of time because you will find other things to replace even if it's not 100% necrssary

Found this listing on my local CL has some cool stuff. Says everything is for sale and no reasonable offer shall be refused.

Magnum wheels, I wonder if they are 15s and would fit a Mopar?

Is that a 68 charger I see?

01717_lqAbo4XUlqq_600x450.jpg

Screenshot_20190910-160107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Coronet. I'm going to bet he has all big-bolt-pattern wheels (4 1/2"). Your car has 4" unless the previous owner changed it.

Coronet. I'm going to bet he has all big-bolt-pattern wheels (4 1/2"). Your car has 4" unless the previous owner changed it.

I have sbp, the previous owner said they were bbp but when I measured the bolt holes that measured 5x4 not 5x4.5. it's never a bad thing to find a good deal and stash the parts until I switch it all over to bbp, kind of like the cam and lifters. I wonder what he would take for the wheels, it's not like they are in prestine condition.

A: Why bother with rusty old wheels?
B: With the limited room for oversize tires on these cars, unless you know exact backspacing/offsets you need for various tire sizes, how will you know which wheels to buy?
C: With the limited room for oversize tires on these cars, unless you know exact backspacing/offsets you need for various axles/brakes which change the location of the axle/hub face , how will you know which wheels to buy?

The correct steps: 1) Do the brake/hub/axle conversion. 2) Decide what size tires you want to run. 3) Start measuring clearance in every direction in each wheelwell. 4) Or ask us on FABO what'll fit. 5) Buy the right wheels. The right width and the right offset.

Note to self and others*** put some extra $$ away before you take your car apart, especially if it's for an extended period of time because you will find other things to replace even if it's not 100% necrssary
i don't have extra $$. i have car $$ i haven't spent yet

A: Why bother with rusty old wheels?
B: With the limited room for oversize tires on these cars, unless you know exact backspacing/offsets you need for various tire sizes, how will you know which wheels to buy?
C: With the limited room for oversize tires on these cars, unless you know exact backspacing/offsets you need for various axles/brakes which change the location of the axle/hub face , how will you know which wheels to buy?

The correct steps: 1) Do the brake/hub/axle conversion. 2) Decide what size tires you want to run. 3) Start measuring clearance in every direction in each wheelwell. 4) Or ask us on FABO what'll fit. 5) Buy the right wheels. The right width and the right offset.

Level heads always prevail my axle is an A body 8 3/4 flange to flange 52 5/8, so I guess I won't try and score a deal at this time. I just get so excited for good deals :rofl:

Ok so doing a little digging to get the correct radiator for the 340.

Right now the part # on my radiator says it came out of a /6 and it's mounting locations are 24in in width.

The 340 radiator should have a mounting width of 25.5 or 26.3 inches. I measured and I have bolt holes that aren't being used and and measure 25.5in in width which means I can order the proper cold case radiator.

Question the very front and smaller condenser, in front of radiator is the trans cooler correct? But what is the condenser between the trans and the radiator? The pictures kind of suck sorry, and sorry for the dumb question again. Should I replace them?

20190910_182605.jpg

20190910_182342.jpg

20190910_182356.jpg

20190910_182702.jpg

20190910_182716.jpg

Ok so doing a little digging to get the correct radiator for the 340.

Right now the part # on my radiator says it came out of a /6 and it's mounting locations are 24in in width.

The 340 radiator should have a mounting width of 25.5 or 26.3 inches. I measured and I have bolt holes that aren't being used and and measure 25.5in in width which means I can order the proper cold case radiator.

Question the very front and smaller condenser, in front of radiator is the trans cooler correct? But what is the condenser between the trans and the radiator? The pictures kind of suck sorry, and sorry for the dumb question again. Should I replace them?

View attachment 1715392444

View attachment 1715392445

View attachment 1715392446

View attachment 1715392447

View attachment 1715392450

That is your A/C condenser

cool, when your ready to do the BBP conversion you can just get those axles re-drilled to the proper pattern

it might when you fix it some day :rolleyes:

Then I would only have to get green bearings and press in wheel stud kits, good thinking.

Yes some day... When I fix it...

-
Back