Dartin for Divorce

-
There is no normal in my life anymore lol. Hows your dart coming?

I found a sweet woodgrain gts steering wheel out by your neck of the woods... its in a car for sale, but it needs lots of work... but I wonder if he would part with the steering wheel... its in Moscow Idaho lol.

Also mill creek WA has some 4 speeds, with shifters,bell housings and 8 3/4 rear ends...

Well, life has been nonstop turmoil for the last year - the reason I've only been on here sporadically. I logged my place, then had to clean up the stumps and slash, then dug out and poured a new back patio and extension for the shop, then had the place paved. It's been a mind boggling amount of work to make all this happen. The Dart is still half done but the truck is a whisker from being finished, then it's back to the Dart. More updates in the near future. :)

Well, life has been nonstop turmoil for the last year - the reason I've only been on here sporadically. I logged my place, then had to clean up the stumps and slash, then dug out and poured a new back patio and extension for the shop, then had the place paved. It's been a mind boggling amount of work to make all this happen. The Dart is still half done but the truck is a whisker from being finished, then it's back to the Dart. More updates in the near future. :)

Turmoil? That sounds like all good stuff that you got done?!

Yeah I've been swamped lately too, which is why I havent gotten to get on much. Hopefully things start to level out for you. Maybe when you get to start working on the dart again parts will be cheaper and more readily available.

I still take the beast out quite frequently on the weekends.

Ive noticed my oil pressure guage reads under 20psi when idling, but when driving its around 45-60 psi depending on my speed.

I haven't quite figured out where I like the timing ever since changing the heads out.

20220814_105514.jpg

Las Vegas to SW Missouri? Talk about culture shock. I spent a few years in the area during college. Big car culture in the Springfield area and I have fond memories of cruising Republic, Nixa, Ozark etc. Good people and you can't beat the cost of living. Good luck on your new practice!

Congrats - my (young, purchased the practice from his retiring mentor) dentist is a car-guy (although not Mopar - has a Buick GSX and restoring a 65 Falcon)! When I see him we exchange pictures and stories of our cars! I found out he was a car guy because he had car magazines in his lobby. Hope you grow your practice with a bunch of car guys!

DD, when you find that spot to build a garage on, a few suggestions "before you build":
1- "plan, plan, and then plan more". Think like you would if you 25-30 years older = so much easier to play when you have room and, most importantly, don't have to roll under to see what you need, roll out, up & down (way too many times) to get tools and finally (after your knees, back, shoulders & etc. have told you "it is way past time to stop) you either completed the task, or selected a "I'll get back to it" time. Trust me on this, I know...
2- don't settle for what could be described as a "two car" - they're really just not big enough. Oh, they might "fit" 2 cars but try working on one with the other "if you're lucky" 4' away. Think about; space for a workbench, tool boxes, compressor, hang out with car buddies and just talk.
3- metal buildings are inexpensive and long standing with many size variants available.
4- think "I have 1 car now", but that is a slippery slope - you always see "that one" that you desire and if you have no room for it...
5- if you "truly" feel, you'll "maybe, only" end up with 2 cars, use the following as a "guide". You'll have the one you drive "occasionally" and the other "cherished" one that'll get less road-time than the other. Select a 4 car building, include room on one side with a shed roof (you never know when you might find another of "the ones". Give ample room between cars = about 8-10' as well as at least 6-8' on each side. Get 10' high doors and at least 8' between them on the exterior. Plan for; 150-200 amp electric (compressor, lightning, lift, refrigerator, entertainment & etc.), plumbing - yes = hot & cold, toilet (make a closet in a corner - nothing sucks more than being "into the groove" and having to stop "just to go", remember if you have to "go" in the house you have to clean up first, then when you get in someone will always need something. We're talking ½ hour interruption here... Insulate, heat & cool - you need to not be freezing or dying from the heat - plus you can work "year-round" and "any time you want".
The above are some "basics", really. Do it now, while you are young and can afford to. If you think you can't afford to now, think how you "won't" be able to after kids are thru college, married and grandchildren come along.
Just my 63 year old didn't do it 20-25 years ago self sharing "what I wished I had done".
Enjoy life for it certainly flies by too soon.

Hey Doc, when you get ready for a garage, check out Lucky's over East near Seymore. Best pole bldg. and best price, BUT it's labor will cost more IF in Green Co.!!!

Congrats - my (young, purchased the practice from his retiring mentor) dentist is a car-guy (although not Mopar - has a Buick GSX and restoring a 65 Falcon)! When I see him we exchange pictures and stories of our cars! I found out he was a car guy because he had car magazines in his lobby. Hope you grow your practice with a bunch of car guys!
Before I moved I had a great dentist who is a real car nut. Had National Dragster and Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc for reading material in the waiting room. I used to show up early to have time to read. He participates in NMCA Radial tire events frequently, and has had some good success, last time I talked with him he was running a 95 or so Firebird with a big block Chevy and lots of nitrous.

DD, when you find that spot to build a garage on, a few suggestions "before you build":
1- "plan, plan, and then plan more". Think like you would if you 25-30 years older = so much easier to play when you have room and, most importantly, don't have to roll under to see what you need, roll out, up & down (way too many times) to get tools and finally (after your knees, back, shoulders & etc. have told you "it is way past time to stop) you either completed the task, or selected a "I'll get back to it" time. Trust me on this, I know...
2- don't settle for what could be described as a "two car" - they're really just not big enough. Oh, they might "fit" 2 cars but try working on one with the other "if you're lucky" 4' away. Think about; space for a workbench, tool boxes, compressor, hang out with car buddies and just talk.
3- metal buildings are inexpensive and long standing with many size variants available.
4- think "I have 1 car now", but that is a slippery slope - you always see "that one" that you desire and if you have no room for it...
5- if you "truly" feel, you'll "maybe, only" end up with 2 cars, use the following as a "guide". You'll have the one you drive "occasionally" and the other "cherished" one that'll get less road-time than the other. Select a 4 car building, include room on one side with a shed roof (you never know when you might find another of "the ones". Give ample room between cars = about 8-10' as well as at least 6-8' on each side. Get 10' high doors and at least 8' between them on the exterior. Plan for; 150-200 amp electric (compressor, lightning, lift, refrigerator, entertainment & etc.), plumbing - yes = hot & cold, toilet (make a closet in a corner - nothing sucks more than being "into the groove" and having to stop "just to go", remember if you have to "go" in the house you have to clean up first, then when you get in someone will always need something. We're talking ½ hour interruption here... Insulate, heat & cool - you need to not be freezing or dying from the heat - plus you can work "year-round" and "any time you want".
The above are some "basics", really. Do it now, while you are young and can afford to. If you think you can't afford to now, think how you "won't" be able to after kids are thru college, married and grandchildren come along.
Just my 63 year old didn't do it 20-25 years ago self sharing "what I wished I had done".
Enjoy life for it certainly flies by too soon.

Oh my garage will be... probably 40×60ft lol. With at least 1 bay big enough for a camper or something... when I build it it will be big enough for all of the toys I can ever dream of lol. Plus a bed in there for when the wife is mad at me :lol:

Las Vegas to SW Missouri? Talk about culture shock. I spent a few years in the area during college. Big car culture in the Springfield area and I have fond memories of cruising Republic, Nixa, Ozark etc. Good people and you can't beat the cost of living. Good luck on your new practice!

Thanks!

It was definitely different moving here but we Love it! Great people, great schools, great outdoor life. Currently we live in Republic but hopefully next yesr or the year after we can move to Ozark. Ozark is closer to the office and family.

All the old men, and women out here love old cars. My last office they all used to talk to me about cars for their entire appointment. Its a great car culture out here.

Before I moved I had a great dentist who is a real car nut. Had National Dragster and Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc for reading material in the waiting room. I used to show up early to have time to read. He participates in NMCA Radial tire events frequently, and has had some good success, last time I talked with him he was running a 95 or so Firebird with a big block Chevy and lots of nitrous.

I need to get some car magazine subscriptions! That is a great idea!

Crazy that he races too! I'm halfway to scared to ever go on a racetrack, especially with my hunk of junk lol.

DD, glad I didn't turn this into a garage thread. For your office magazines check out Hemmings. I've been subscribed to "Muscle Machines" since the first issue. They also have 3 others (not just the big one with cars & etc. for sale), forget all of the 3, but one is Exotics and other like 20's to 50's cars, just can't remember 3rd. And, so you don't have to cut your address off the front cover they're one of the few magazines that booger glue address label on, just peel it off. See this way you can have delivered to your house and read first. Your patients will love you even more when you can "talk" the articles they just read.

Crazy that he races too! I'm halfway to scared to ever go on a racetrack, especially with my hunk of junk lol.
He loves racing, was well into the 8s in the 1/4 mile, and he would occasionally drive the Firebird on the street. He also owns a 1968 Pontiac GTO Convertible that his father bought new, and a few other sweet rides too. I always gave him a hard time about not being a Mopar owner, all in fun. He worked on his own junk too, that really impressed me.

I will admit to "borrowing" a Hemmings "Muscle Machines" issue from his lobby that had a feature on 1969 Dodge Dart GTSs! I think I forgot to return it!

I'll have to get some of these magazines this week to put in the office. Last week I had a car show playing on the tv in the waiting room. I really prefer to not have my pts wait more than 3-5 minutes before gettibg brought back.

I'll have to get some of these magazines this week to put in the office. Last week I had a car show playing on the tv in the waiting room. I really prefer to not have my pts wait more than 3-5 minutes before gettibg brought back.
That's huge in my book. Keep up the good work.

Went to the swap meet. Didnt bring cash because I'm not supposed to spend money... im going back tomorrow early morning for this NOS Pie tin though. For the wall art... its definitely not going on my engine lol

There was barely any mopar stuff. I did see a 340 engine, out if a 69 with Xheads . Wants 1200 for the entire engine, and wont seperate the block or Id buy it too lol

20220820_132546.jpg

20220820_133413.jpg

20220820_125531.jpg

20220820_133242.jpg

If that's an orange 340 pie tin, leave it in the package when you hang it up. Those things are unobtanium nowadays! :eek:

I missed out on it unfortunately and its my fault for missing it. I didn't wake up in time this morning

-
Back