Dartin for Divorce

-
There is a wood borer that makes holes like that and eats inside of boards. I got some lumber that had been stacked for years that was like that and I wouldn't use it, Joe

Drove the purple car yesterday then found some munchkins on my way home… so I gave them a ride.

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5396.jpeg

Oh and tried to get rid of some of the leaves… ended up having to plow everything at the end with my mower because it was so heavy. And I bought a really good backpack blower.

Also enjoy friends. That big 11 or 12 point I’ve only seen that one time and of course he comes on the foggiest of mornings. I’m going to do a bunch of alfalfa and clover next year then will do a plot with food for the winter. I’m pretty lucky that none of the 2-300 acres around me are hunted, so I’m trying to grow a big ol buck.

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5415.jpeg

IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_5397.jpeg

72136581255__9DE5EF0B-1491-47FC-8BFE-AB10E9D633DE.jpeg

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5404.jpeg

Doc buy you an auto deer feeder, shoots out shelled corn, etc on a timer.

Yep those back pac blowers are great... then a match. Use charcoal lighter fluid, it won't hurt the grass/

We have a no burn order for entire state of Alabama because of extreme drought

I just leave the leaves, they compost out, healthier for the yard, just blow out of the road, is all...and slowly but surely eliminating all grass in favor of sundry trees, shrubs, flowers (my wife's hobby), ground cover and clover.

Doc buy you an auto deer feeder, shoots out shelled corn, etc on a timer.

Yep those back pac blowers are great... then a match. Use charcoal lighter fluid, it won't hurt the grass/

I have an auto feeder that holds 200lbs of corn and throws it 2x per day. The deer was literally eating corn off of the spinning plate lol. I have / cams attached to the feeder.

We have a no burn order for entire state of Alabama because of extreme drought
I’ve never burned before, in Vegas it was super illegal due to the drought and the desert.

I just leave the leaves, they compost out, healthier for the yard, just blow out of the road, is all...and slowly but surely eliminating all grass in favor of sundry trees, shrubs, flowers (my wife's hobby), ground cover and clover.

I like having grass around the house for the kids and the dogs so I have to get rid of the leaves from the grass. We have a lot of areas that have no grass and I will leave the leaves there.

I’ve never burned before, in Vegas it was super illegal due to the drought and the desert.

I like having grass around the house for the kids and the dogs so I have to get rid of the leaves from the grass. We have a lot of areas that have no grass and I will leave the leaves there.
Layer those leaves with the cut grass and the correct amount of moisture and you will create some great compost for the garden. It will break down very quickly.

Layer those leaves with the cut grass and the correct amount of moisture and you will create some great compost for the garden. It will break down very quickly.

I agree. Mulch the leaves is better. Adds organic matter to your ground. Good thing// BUT here in S E TX we have way to many to ever mulch them all!! We mulch waht we caan and pick them up with a leaf "picker"! Dump in piles and burn. We have had a burn ban hre in Tx. for months, finally got some rain.

If you burn, pick a day with no to little wind, and NOT so dry a spark will burn down the neighbors land and bldg!!!!

I picked up an old 'commercial" Z turn from a guy moving to Fl. a year or so ago. Yea its old but it a hoss. Paid $2000. 60 inch deck and a Honda 18-20 hp I guess. It is a brute.

Yep golf course specialized mowers. I'm too woreout to climb on our stuff wife does it all. Before I retired for good, high end courses liked to hire old country boys like me to drive their big $$$ stuff! Yep that stuff ain't cheap/ But a big course has a full time mechanic to fix and maintain/ We abused Z turns bad but the big mowers were made to take it!

Do like I.. find a golf course ready to send them back at the end of a 3 year lease! It's a $100K US machine new, I got it for $22K Cdn !!!

I just got a new mower, it was more than I wanted to spend but it works really well. It’s a 61in Spartan with a 37hp mower.

Maybe one of these years I’ll have the need for something like the one you got.

IMG_4545.jpeg

37 horsepower? What does it do in the 1/4? :poke:

I figured get the bigger motor and transmission and the thing should last a long time!

Plus I don’t stop and pick the acorns, black walnuts or sticks up. I just run everything over haha. Here’s what I drove the 37hp demo scag through, then did a couple passes through it with the Spartan after I got it.

Block off the discharge and let it mulch...
Yeah I’ve looked at shoot blockers. Spartan just came out with a new one so hopefully I can get it next year.

IMG_4373.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh there was no way to get a Jack to lift the old beams, at least no Jack I could have gotten would have been tall enough. From my basement floor to that joint it’s like 12-13ft.

The floor feels pretty solid now. I probably should have checked the rest of the house. We luckily have a drop ceiling in the basement
That's why you use a long 4x4 on the jack, duh. OR, you can cut the 4x4 to a length that you can wedge under the joist and jack it up as you hammer the 4x4 in a more straight angle. You really don't even need a jack.

That's why you use a long 4x4 on the jack, duh. OR, you can cut the 4x4 to a length that you can wedge under the joist and jack it up as you hammer the 4x4 in a more straight angle. You really don't even need a jack.

I definitely did not think of this before. If I find anymore broken joints (knock on wood that I won’t) I will definitely do this.

I definitely did not think of this before. If I find anymore broken joints (knock on wood that I won’t) I will definitely do this.
I hope you don't find anymore.....but I have to say, that sure looks like termite damage to me.

-
Back