Dash and console woodgrain decal set

-

punchyguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get an origanal looking dash and console " woodgrain " decal for a 1971 Swinger ? I bought a decal set last yeat but it is a different look and doesnt look that great once applied , they have another for sale but it is very light woodgrain---arghhh

thanks

I picked up a set for my '73 Duster from DMT. They are a vendor on FABO. Look for their FABO discount too. The edges are very crisp and look great. I haven't installed them yet, so I can't tell you how they fit. Look at the last image for a comparison to the factory painted on woodgrain. Big improvement in my book.

Attachments

• 130206-DMT_Woodgrai_Dash_Overlays-03.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 728
  • 130206-DMT_Woodgrai_Dash_Overlays-05.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 442
I checked them out and unfortunatley they dont have the dash inserts i need - something like this ( not my car but found the pic online ) with the glove box also - for whatever my style is hard to come by ?

Attachments

• 71_dart_dash.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 426
attachment.php

I wanted to buy that gauge cluster overlay for my 71 Duster. On the left and right sides there are the rectangular holes for the "lights" and "wiper" lettering.

On a 71 the clusters don't have rectangular holes. They are flat with raised lettering and say "lights" and "wiper". DMT shows they have the overlay for this type of cluster without the rectangular cut outs but I don't see how it would even be possible to use an overlay since it has raised lettering right on the face.

Update DMT has made an awesome wood grain decal set for Swingers with my style console - Jim from DMT was a great guy to deal with.

For those that don't know DMT = Detroit Muscle Technologies

-
Back