Dash bezel paint and chrome removal.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
I have a 70 Swinger and want to remove all the chrome and paint from the speedo, radio, filler, and glove box bezels. My goal is to do some 'shadetree' repianting to them for a better appearance in the car. What can I use to remove the finish from the bezels without destroying the plastic/ I did a test with some stripper on an old broken bezel and it wasted the plastic. I would have thought it would not hurt it as it was in a plastic bottle but it did? What works, and works good? I have put no less than three ads on this site looking for replacement bezels and had no luck finding a new set so a re-do on the old ones will have to do until new ones are found. Can anyone be of help? Thanks.
Chas.

Wesleys Bleech-white or Purple power will work but those require a lengthy soak period. Some say Easy-Off oven cleaner will work and is faster

I tried Westleys and Easy Off and Easy Off worked 10x better. Keep spraying it to keep it completely soaked and it should only take a day or so. Use a nylon brush to brush the paint off until you're just down to the bare plastic.

-
Back