dash bezel

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I purchased a dash bezel for my 65 Barracuda that has been rechromed. I didn't realize the small center piece that holds the clear lense in place didn't come with it. Is that piece suppose to be chrome plated also?

I suppose you are referring to a center cone on the outside of the lens.
Hides the center of the instrument. Typical finish for those was chrome face, flat black sides.

Thanks, mine is faded so badly I couldn't tell,

Yeah vacuum metalizing is a deposition so it leaves about the same way it went on.
So off white plastic was chromed at one time.
Does the center of your cone have a texture ? Many of those have little rings for a texture to break up the shine. That wasn't enough in my opinion.
I painted the center with the same light argent used on other areas. The only chrome left showing on my cones is the one raised ring near the perimeter. Mine is 67 though so might be very different. I have 65 panels here but too lazy to go looking.
Good luck with it.

Thanks for th info. Just curious, is their anyone who might recondition a factory tach from a S series. Also I saw a post where you had seviced the guage asembly from one. Would you like to do mine and what does this entail? I know the fuel and I believe the oil pressure doesn't work and I haven't had time to check anything out. Going back to work sucks. Takes all of my play time away.

I'm not allowed to offer services in the public forums. You're welcome to PM me though.

-
Back