Dash colour ideas.......

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. I have my dash out. My plan is to have black interior. Exterior is down to colours......Dk.purple or Dk grey. I was going to do the dash itself black/dash pad is black too.As you can see the trim for the dash is well in dyer need of some TLC..........I was thinking a Dk grey with dash all black???????Any ideas? BTW.......have any of you used the white gauge faces from Ebay?:homework:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 006.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 007.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 008.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 141
is that from a factory 4 speed car?

what is the hole to the right of the ash tray for? reverse light maybe

I hear they have a new spray that looks like chrome, might be an option.

Depending on how nice the rest of the car is going to be you don't want to have the dash not look right after you assemble it

personally I'm not a big fan of the white face gauges

Edd, Grey and Black sound excellent, just remember to move it somewhere else before you spray it....those hardwoods will be difficult to explain!!!!!!!

Black stain finish Is what I did.PS how is your windshield gaskets? I have the org in good shape if yours are bad.I got new ones like 300 for front and back.Had speedy install mine for 250 just a thought.

is that from a factory 4 speed car?

what is the hole to the right of the ash tray for? reverse light maybe

I hear they have a new spray that looks like chrome, might be an option.

Depending on how nice the rest of the car is going to be you don't want to have the dash not look right after you assemble it

personally I'm not a big fan of the white face gauges
** I'm not 100% but I think the reverse light for early Darts was to the left of the ashtray.I would go black!!

** I'm not 100% but I think the reverse light for early Darts was to the left of the ashtray.I would go black!!

I have had a reverse light (probably was going to put it in my factory 3 speed Challenger) and finally put in the Dart and it is in about the same place as the dash photo that started this thread

Does anyone know when they started using a reverse light? I don't know if I have ever seen on in anything but E Bodies

Attachments

• reverse light.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 122
Well i sanded the dash and primed it..........House stinks some now:bootysha:......Im trying some primer i used a few times. Its supposed to bond to anything. I used it once on ceramic tile and worked amazing.........Zinser..........Anyone ever tried it. I have never had much luck painting plastic............Will let you know:read2:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 135
I got the dash painted........Looks OK. Need to sand it some and clear it...........Then on to the plastic pieces.........So far so good.........I layed the dash pad down to see what it would look like.........Not bad....Needs a cleaning.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 91
I see you decided on black, looks nice - I was going to suggest not going with anything but black unless it was an exact match for the body colour

I'm jealous ...still looking for the right car

I have had a reverse light (probably was going to put it in my factory 3 speed Challenger) and finally put in the Dart and it is in about the same place as the dash photo that started this thread

Does anyone know when they started using a reverse light? I don't know if I have ever seen on in anything but E Bodies
wow looks kooooool

-
Back