Dash harness question

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
I waited till one of Year One's bigger sales a year or so ago to purchase the harness as I kept choking on my own tongue every time I went to buy one previously

So I start looking it over trying to match all the plugs/terminals and I only see the right side door jam switch connections(pointed out by my pocket knife) but not for the left

Now it's been a long time since I tore this car apart and I am wondering if maybe the left side is incorporated into another harness?

I know it's not off the rear harness that comes up the left side sill area that ends with an 8 (flat)terminal plug

Any insight with those who's car is still together? I don't want to install it and find out M&H forgot to include the left side.

Attachments

• DSC00634.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00635.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 107
Might be handy if the rest of us knew what you are working on?

You can download free factory shop manuals at MyMopar. Some of those came from the guys here.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

Also, Mymopar has put up a few years the elec. diagrams only section of the factory manual. Look for a title similar to "full set" in the title

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=24

No, I don't "work there"

70 Dart the wiring "only" section:

mymopar.com/downloads/1970/70_Dart_Challenger_Wiring_Full.pdf

Go to page 3. Your left side door switch comes off the rear harness. The main harness you bought should have an 8 pin connector mates with that in the left kick panel

Attachments

• rearharness.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 116
Well here is a pic of that connector(it was a brand new harness)... sent my car back to the body shop for a few fixes and they somehow burnt/melted that connector(sorry it's blurry)

Probably why I didn't notice because that part is gone, plans were already in the works for a new harness could fix it but he's paying for it(rear harness)

Guess if I would of waited till the new one arrives it would of answered my own question.

Attachments

• DSC00636.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 91
The left door switch wiring probably isn't in the bundle shown in #5. It is probably a separate wire that plugs into the connector and runs to the switch. If it isn't part of the rear harness, you can fairly easily wire your own. Those are "56 terminal" or "Packard 56" you can buy on ebay. GM used them too.

-
Back