Dash help

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm building a 71 swinger AC car and have a dash question. can I still get to everything under the dash once the dash frame is bolted in? Meaning electrical, vacuume exc. Any one else waiting to screw in the frame just in case they forgot something? Thanks Jim

I don't know of anything. I would (if you havent) reverse the clips and install the dash screws from the bottom, so you can remove it with the windshield in. You might have to buy shorter screws. Mine were cut off with a wheel

I don't know of anything. I would (if you havent) reverse the clips and install the dash screws from the bottom, so you can remove it with the windshield in. You might have to buy shorter screws. Mine were cut off with a wheel

wow what a good idea

We just installed the dash in our 71 Valiant yesterday, but haven't hooked up all of the connections yet...

We had the cluster and gauges in with the new wiring harness and rolled it up.

I took some pictures of the back before we installed it.

always check to see if all gagets work? before install. you can power up all electrical and lights! also all a body windshields leak at corners? use urethane both sides. its tough to get back there but doable? steering column is a *****?

It's all designed to be serviced with the frame in place. With the column dropped, and the two corner bolts out, you can pull the frame far enough away to get at everything easily.

-
Back