Dash Lights,68 cuda

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, my factory gauge lights including my 4 Auto Meter gauge lights stopped working all at the same time last night, but the actual gauges all still work as they should and every other light on the entire car works perfectly fine. Is it safe to say this is a blown fuse, sorry I have a hernia on one side and a herniated disc on the other side which is causing sciatica, it will be a bit of an ordeal for me to check the fuse box, just want to make sure first before causing myself unnecessary pain if its something else I'm not aware of.

The dash lights are a bit of a trick.

The headlight switch has two sources of power

The headlights ONLY are supplied power from the ammeter splice

The park/ tail and dash (dimmer controlled) lights are supplied from the tail light fuse

BUT the output of the dash light dimmer goes TO a separate little "inst" (instrument) fuse usually located on one end of the row of fuses in the panel.

So if the tail lights work, the tail fuse is OK, but you still need to check the inst. fuse.

Man get a friend to check those fuses for you....

Thanks, I will take you advise, I have become completely useless to do anything until my problems can be corrected.

The dash lights are a bit of a trick.

The headlight switch has two sources of power

The headlights ONLY are supplied power from the ammeter splice

The park/ tail and dash (dimmer controlled) lights are supplied from the tail light fuse

BUT the output of the dash light dimmer goes TO a separate little "inst" (instrument) fuse usually located on one end of the row of fuses in the panel.

So if the tail lights work, the tail fuse is OK, but you still need to check the inst. fuse.

Thanks 67dart273 for your help, my tail lights are working fine, so I will direct a family member to check the inst. fuse.

-
Back