dash lights

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Good Morning
I am working on a 65 barracuda. For some reason I have lights on half of the dash but not the left side. Also the fuel and temperator guage will not work. As I look at the back there are only 2 wires a red one and a black one. I forgot about the other plug which I believe supplies the power to the lights and all. Should there not be more?
any ideas. Sounds like a rainy day project, which is today.
thanks as always,
Tommy

not knowing what type of dash you have here hurts the answer. i am going on a limb and assumeing your dash has 2 circuit boards? if this is the case then the side with the voltage limiter is probably the cause. if the limiter goes bad then the gages will stop ( fuel, temp) they could also be fried do to this. you can try to get a new limiter to see if this fixes the problem. make sure you get a solid state one to prevent future damage to the gages. while you are there replace all of the dash bulbs ( 165) with (194) bulbs. this will brighten you dash up alot more than the stock bulbs!

This may be a preview of comming atractions LOL

65 cuda panel.jpg

all bulbs were replaced and the circuit board looks good. had to replace 2 of the bulb holders. Redfish, your dash looks good
mine is tan with a small silver spot on the bottom. What can be done to refurbish that item?
Thanks again
Tommy

try cleaning all those pins with liquid silver polish (your wife probably has some) take all the nuts off and clean under them too. I went through this with my 64 Valiant. After creating a limiter that didn't work, I did this cleaning and everything worked again.

all bulbs were replaced and the circuit board looks good. had to replace 2 of the bulb holders. Redfish, your dash looks good
mine is tan with a small silver spot on the bottom. What can be done to refurbish that item?
Thanks again
Tommy
The panel pictured is not mine. A customer sent me the pics so I could provide instructions for installing the DeMonIVR solid state unit.
Cleaning all the copper contact points is always recommended. I scuff lghtly with Scotchbrite pad and WD-40

-
Back