DASH PAD

-
I ordered from the dash pad factory on Jan 29th $315 for the pvc skeleton style vs sending in my metal one for re pop. Still waiting on 5 day old email to get returned. Im hoping the holiday weekend is the excuse and not that they are closing shop. Its supposed to be a good product. I will post pics upon receipt. wish me luck.

View attachment 1715744225 View attachment 1715744227 View attachment 1715744226 So, you've waited 9 - 10 weeks for your dash pad to arrive... You've spent $400 on it, including shipping... You get it out of the box and find some issues with it... My question, how picky are you going to be..? Do you ask for a partial refund..? Send it back a wait ANOTHER 9, 10, 11 weeks because, who knows how long it'll be..? What's your play..?

View attachment 1715744230
Send it back and get a refund. Take it to a local reupholstery shop. Had the one out of my
208DCBA4-F9AC-4CF4-8CEA-494328D3FF9A.jpeg
208DCBA4-F9AC-4CF4-8CEA-494328D3FF9A.jpeg
'70 Swinger done. He upgraded with softer vinyl and some extra padding. It's not factory but it looks and feels great and only cost a buck and a half

View attachment 1715744225 View attachment 1715744227 View attachment 1715744226 So, you've waited 9 - 10 weeks for your dash pad to arrive... You've spent $400 on it, including shipping... You get it out of the box and find some issues with it... My question, how picky are you going to be..? Do you ask for a partial refund..? Send it back a wait ANOTHER 9, 10, 11 weeks because, who knows how long it'll be..? What's your play..?

View attachment 1715744230
Well I may ask some rookie questions about some stuff, But,, I have been a Mopar Gear Head since 1989. that being said I took the dash pad off my 68 Coronet 383 4 Speed car( wish I wish I had never got rid of her what a dumbass I am) to a local upholstery shop and they recovered it, t was Flawless 80 bucks. Took a week. At that point in juncture, money is worth less n people's work ethics are worthless for the most part. I hate to say that service ain't worth two ***** most places you go. I'd ask for SUBSTANTIAL refund. I would expect not pay for any shipping, and they should expedite it. I am not an expert, but those look like blisters, where the material is not adhered, Who's to say, when your car is out ,(heat, cold, Sun) whatever, that those are going to continue to lift and cause problems in the future? I'm in the middle of redoing my interior right now but as a fellow Mopar man could you honestly recommend that company to me for my dash pad?

Last edited:
I ordered the urethane version dash pad from a different company for $30 dallars less than vinyl covered not to save money but thought it would hold up better.It was terrible and not covered all the way over the front lip as factory ,so it looked like a plastic cover that was 3/8s to short .I dont understand why they didnt bring it over the edge like factory.The rest of the cover wrapped to factory locations and looked proper.Then the company told me I went for the cheaper of the two available and should not expect a restoration quality peice.I took a beating and had to cover the shipping $115 dollars to return it.

They need a little icon for pissed off or sad on this thing the reason I hit disagree is because the way they treated you was bulshit so I disagree with their business model

Well I may ask some rookie questions about some stuff, But,, I have been a Mopar Gear Head since 1989. that being said I took the dash pad off my 68 Coronet 383 4 Speed car( wish I wish I had never got rid of her what a dumbass I am) to a local upholstery shop and they recovered it, t was Flawless 80 bucks. Took a week. At that point in juncture, money is worth less n people's work ethics are worthless for the most part. I hate to say that service ain't worth two ***** most places you go. I'd ask for SUBSTANTIAL refund. I would expect not pay for any shipping, and they should expedite it. I am not an expert, but those look like blisters, where the material is not adhered, Who's to say, when your car is out ,(heat, cold, Sun) whatever, that those are going to continue to lift and cause problems in the future? I'm in the middle of redoing my interior right now but as a fellow Mopar man could you honestly recommend that company to me for my dash pad?

I would definitely have to wait to see how they handle this situation before I could recommend them.. They have past reputation on their side, but this is my story...hopefully they can give it a happy ending. I'll keep posting updates.

If you keep it , and its not a hard spot under it but pushes down , use a heat gun dont burn and then ice and it will shrink , may even help with the 2nd area ,,heat expands and ice shrinks upholstery among many things ,,if its a hard spot may not help ,

If you keep it , and its not a hard spot under it but pushes down , use a heat gun dont burn and then ice and it will shrink , may even help with the 2nd area ,,heat expands and ice shrinks upholstery among many things ,,if its a hard spot may not help ,
Yeah, feels and looks like staples maybe... Not sure if staples are used, but that's what it looks like... Uniform at both ends.

Yeah, feels and looks like staples maybe... Not sure if staples are used, but that's what it looks like... Uniform at both ends.
still worth trying as it could be a hard spot in foam and the heat may soften , just don't over do it , and the ice will help as well , I have a 72 challenger and bought a dash pad and had to use this method on a couple spots and it worked , and I stretched in my head liner and laid wrinkles down with this method

still worth trying as it could be a hard spot in foam and the heat may soften , just don't over do it , and the ice will help as well , I have a 72 challenger and bought a dash pad and had to use this method on a couple spots and it worked , and I stretched in my head liner and laid wrinkles down with this method
Sad,when you pay top dollar for **** and have to rework it.... grrr

I'm just thinking that if it would bother me looking at it...
Sorry to hear of your crappy experience.

Classic Industries, I believe, started the "OEM" brand of reproduction parts. Just returned a throttle cable that was $60 (supposedly for a big block A Body). Yeah - $60. LOL

They need an icon for pissed
Last week I received, from Classic, headliner sail panels... One of those was defective... Luckily, they had more in stock so they're sending another set out right away..
So far, I've had great luck with Legendary, Partsmix and Detroit Muscle.. Summit sent me the wrong side lower 1/4 patch, but were super quick to send another and knock half off the price.

Totally your call. You have 3 choices: 1. Take a partial refund and live with it. How nice do you want your dash to look? Will you regret it later? Only you can answer those questions. 2. Send it back and wait again. 3. Send it back and get a full refund.
Do you still have your old dash? Send it to Just Dashes. They aren't cheap, but they ARE good. They did mine over 20 years ago, and it still looks great!

-
Back