dash pads help

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
Is there a problem on using a 68 dash pad on a 67 ( barracuda)?
I looks like the 68 stick out more on the bottom pad, and maybe 67 never had a bottom pad? My did not have a pad when I bought it, I also can't find the mounting hold for a pad. Is my dash correct? How do they mount? Pics will help.

They bolt on to the dash.
You should have a bunch of holes in the top of your dash for the dash pad to bolt to.

I need a pad too, but so far have not seen anyone offering 67 dash pads, but I have not done any serious searching yet.

I'm sure someone here will get you some better answers than mine.

The 68 was the only year to use the bottom set of pads. Your 67 top pad has a different grain and shape than a 68 and later pad, but they will interchange from 67 to 76. The 67 pad has sort of a ridge in the middle of the pad running lengthwise.

So I should be able to use a top from 68 dash pad and just leave the bottom off? Or should I install the bottom also?

So I should be able to use a top from 68 dash pad and just leave the bottom off? Or should I install the bottom also?

It's a matter of preference. The lower pad will give your knee's (some...) protection heaven forbid you crash. If you want the lower pad, drill the holes. Worst comes to worst, you swap the dash frame. Nice weekend job.

I like the 68 model grille inserts and their round side markers. I dont like their tiny brake lights. I like their seatbelt retracters and their lighted key switch but dont like lower dash pads or that ashtray. All about personal preference.
To install the 68 pads you'll need all 3 pieces and the ashtray and you'll need to drill holes for the lower pads.

I think I'll have to look at some closer pic's, but I have a complete set for a 68.

Betcha someone here will want a nice 3 piece set for their 68.
Infact with factory air its a 4 piece set cause there is a pad on that vent assembly too. I have one of those (B5 blue) I may never use.
That lower pad is like a tray for cigarettes or whatever but it's a dust collecter as well. One year then disappeared. A similar plastic tray appeared in Gremlins and Hornets later on. Those plastic trays stood up to weather and abuse better than the dashcap type.

I have one on my 68 dart.... both bottom and top.... my bottom pad is in great shape but not sure if it will fit when I do my Rocky mt dash... Ithought is looks strange w/that ash tray! Mine is B5 but I need to dye it blk... whats the best way to dye it?

JAson

I would not use the lower pads on your 67 Barracuda. The top pad will interchange though, or you cold offer up to trade the whole set for the correct pad for your 67. The 67's are tough to find. I might even have a 67 pad here somewhere now that I think about it.

-
Back