dash voltage regulator question

-

71RALLYEDART

Reaction score
I have a 1971 dart i am putting a rallye dash from a 69 barracuda in.my problem is the gauges are working irratically.I have a new solid state voltage limiter,a new circuit board, and all new sending units.The oil gauge seems to work but the temp works only periodically. I did notice the the blinking led on the limiter stops blinking when the engine rpm go up. Any help would greatly be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Blinking LED???

I was under the impression that the limiter was inside the fuel gauge on ralley dashes

If you can determine that the at least one gauge is working OK, then it's not the limiter.

Fuel, temp, and oil if you have it all three work off the same output of the same (one) limiter

I have a ground directly bfrom limter to the body.And i eliminated the fuel gauge one and installed an aftermarket solid state unit.

Make sure the gauge studs are tight, and consider replacing the stamped nuts with "real" ones.

You could go to RadShack and buy resistors to make up at least the "mid gauge" test resistance:

Unhook the temp sender and substitute the resistor. Run about a minute to allow the gauge to stabilize, and it should be at mid scale. If not, suspect the sender wire and bulkhead connector Move the test resistor in to the cluster and clip it from the sender terminal on the gauge to ground.

L = 73.7 Ohms (empty)
M = 23.0 Ohms (1/2)
H = 10.2 Ohms (full)

what kind of limiter do you have some need the gauge recalabrated i used the dash-worx iv3 for the rallye dash in my duster .from what i understand the dash-worx is the only limiter that does not need dash recalabration. all my gauges are working good and seem to be accurate. and also check to see if you have 12volts or more going into the limiter.

I also have the dash worx limiter.And i also replaced all the nuts with real ones and put star washers.I think ive done almost everthing. I just dont know what to try anymore

-
Back