Day 1, project trans am series 1965 dart

-
Keep up the great work, keep the pics comin'. Whats the story with the 3 master cylinders? I've seen that on a few race cars, but i've never asked before.

Keep up the great work, keep the pics comin'. Whats the story with the 3 master cylinders? I've seen that on a few race cars, but i've never asked before.

One is the clutch, one is the front brakes, one is the rear. Their is a bar going between the front and rear master cylinders that you adjust the pressure from the pedal to one side or the other to control the F/R brake balance. It is a lot better way to do it than a pressure limiting device like a proportioning valve.

Fuel cell setup looks really nice dodge29!

mocking up the rear suspension, just about what we hope to achieve

IMG_0516.jpg

Just a queston, and I'm reeeaaallly sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. What's the bolt pattern on your floater? I thought that most were 5X5 with a larger center register.
How does that affect your wheel selection? (It kinda looked like a regular pass. car wheel in the mock up pic). (And yes, that was a couple of questions, sorry).

grand national full float rear hubs come in 5 on 5 or 5 on 4.75,

using 5 on 4 3/4

Dodge29

wheel selection for 5 on 5 is nearly non existent unless your racing 15 inch wheels, but 4.75 is pretty common, typical chevy unless im mistaken

Dodge29

planning on using fr500 shelby look alikes, i like the style, 4.5 standard Ford or Dodge an 4.75 on gm's
Dodge29

rear axle is 58 inches in width, 7.65 back space, planning on using 245-45r17's in the front and 305 or 315 35r18's in the rear
Dodge29

not really most gm products are 4.75

Dodge29

Yeah, that part I know. (I make coin restoring them things). It just looks like the center hub part is bigger than the standard GM wheel. Only reason I ask is that my boss, in his infinite wisdom, redrilled a pair of truck rear axles only to find that we couldn't get a wheel to fit over the center register. I would've thought the 5X5 would work better due to the truck sizes available.
I see that you have a wheel mocked up, but wasn't sure how that was working.

Hey Luke, Moser also builds some nice floater hubs and are avalible in a dual bolt pattern with 5 on 4 1/2 as one size. We looked into that, but allready had colman hubs when we built our 8 3/4 floater a while back. Car is looking great by the way!

the wheel im using as a guide has a story behind it, one of my techs took a supercharged mustang shelby for a joy ride and spun it out, hit a curb and knock the side of the wheel off
Dodge29

Whoops. I should clarify. GM pass cars, 5X 4.75. GM big cars 5X5. All cars have small center register. 5X5 Trucks have the large center bore, either 4x4 or 4x2 wheel drive.

this original shelby wheel fits perfectly over the center riser on a 5x5 hub, i redrill this wheel
Luke

this original shelby wheel fits perfectly over the center riser on a 5x5 hub, i redrill this wheel
Luke

LOL, I wasn't even going to ask how you got a Ford wheel on a Chevy pattern. I was looking at doing a floater on my Roadrunner in the future and didn't want to pin myself to an expensive set of wheels. I am digging your build and looking forward to the next steps. Thanks man.

-
Back