DC Spoiler

DC Spoiler

• Yes, I'd take one.

Votes: 89 58.6%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 63 41.4%

• Total voters
-
WOW...I like your car...the color looks great!!!

Paul

Thanks, its my giant work in progress. I wish i knew what color the car was. Its not a factory color and the last owner just refered to it as "this cheap paint job". So, i'm calling it Maaco gray for the time being.

I think I have seen them on the Volare's as well- do those fit on the dusters?

just an fyi, there is a guy who makes an "ok" reproduction of these wings on ebay. They're far from perfect, but they are available.

Here is the one i got from him. Not on the car now because i need to find a shop that does fiberglass to smooth the edges for me. I saw it and freaked and had to buy it ASAP. Not sure if the guy still does them.

I bought one off that guy also, not sure how yours fit but mine fits pretty good on the right side the left side i can slide my whole hand under and the center over the rib i can get my fingers under!
Definately wasn't worth what i paid for it! :banghead:

I bought one off that guy also, not sure how yours fit but mine fits pretty good on the right side the left side i can slide my whole hand under and the center over the rib i can get my fingers under!

do you have pics? were you not able to suck it down onto the decklid?

I would take either also...I just hope someone actually follows through and reproduces this spoiler at a fair price.

Paul

I build haunted houses and props on the side. (15 years) I do alot of fiberglass work as well and have some contacts that do some of my plastic work.
So what would be a far price of these?? Starting from and going to? It does not look like it would to bad of a job. That is if the OP doesn't do it.
Thanks Gary

Mine actually fits pretty well. I just never stuck it on because the edges arent smooth.

I will agree, not the best option, but until the OP or the guy above me reproduce these wings, its our only option :(

Well...if you are asking my opinion...

I don't know the exact costs in producing them are, and I don't know if we are talking with undermounting structure in place (for a completely smooth finish), or dimples for exterior mounting (like the original).

Is it going to be something that needs finishing? or is it completely just paint and bolt on?

I did see a post here where the person said it cost $40-$50 and a $100 for the mold for him to have a local shop do it. And I did see MAS Racing Products used to sell some cheap copies for $60.

So for me I would give a range of $60 for low end needing work and doing my own mounting structure...to maybe $100 or maybe a bit higher...$120?...for something I can just toss on my Duster and go.

I know I can locally get a 1969 Camaro Z28 rear spoiler for $80, I have been looking at those to modify.

I have seen those on ebay and there are a lot in the $70 to $120 price range.

If it ended up at $150 or $200...i would just pass. Anything over $100 will make me think a little bit unless I know it's top quality.

I don't have the skills to make one from scratch, but I have done some fiberglass work that I probably could modify an exsisting spoiler if I needed to.

If someone can show me the costs then I am willing to pay them for their time and effort...i certainly don't expect them to work for free.

But on the otherhand I don't want to pay for something that has a huge markup...that's what Ebay is for...LOL

Paul

I build haunted houses and props on the side. (15 years) I do alot of fiberglass work as well and have some contacts that do some of my plastic work.
So what would be a far price of these?? Starting from and going to? It does not look like it would to bad of a job. That is if the OP doesn't do it.
Thanks Gary

Here are the ones I make for F's the orange one is an original. I get $250 plus shipping. As you can see they are dead on! I'll try one on a Duster maybe this weekend & get a pic. If anyone has an original to loan I can do them!

clones114.jpg

clones115.jpg

clones125.jpg

I think I have seen them on the Volare's as well- do those fit on the dusters?

Volare / Aspen spoilers are different. On an A-body the trunk curves up at both sides where it meets the 1/4 panel. The F-body is flat across the trunk and 1/4 panels.

Wylde1.

do you have pics? were you not able to suck it down onto the decklid?

No whoever trimmed the excess off when they layed it up trimmed it off way to short in those places.
I'm pretty sure i can fix it i just have to get the time, probably over the winter.

Cost depends on the type of mold you make. I perfer to make the best mold possibile that way I should be able to get any where from 10 to 50 repops out of it. That way i can spread the cost and labor for the making the mold out so one person doesn't bear the whole cost. I don't try to get rich, I just like alittle extra cash to cover my Halloween addiction. :finga:

I don't know the exact costs in producing them are, and I don't know if we are talking with undermounting structure in place (for a completely smooth finish), or dimples for exterior mounting (like the original).

Is it going to be something that needs finishing? or is it completely just paint and bolt on?

I did see a post here where the person said it cost $40-$50 and a $100 for the mold for him to have a local shop do it. And I did see MAS Racing Products used to sell some cheap copies for $60.

So for me I would give a range of $60 for low end needing work and doing my own mounting structure...to maybe $100 or maybe a bit higher...$120?...for something I can just toss on my Duster and go.

I know I can locally get a 1969 Camaro Z28 rear spoiler for $80, I have been looking at those to modify.

If it ended up at $150 or $200...i would just pass. Anything over $100 will make me think a little bit unless I know it's top quality.

I don't have the skills to make one from scratch, but I have done some fiberglass work that I probably could modify an exsisting spoiler if I needed to.

If someone can show me the costs then I am willing to pay them for their time and effort...i certainly don't expect them to work for free.

But on the otherhand I don't want to pay for something that has a huge markup...that's what Ebay is for...LOL

Paul

Here are the ones I make for F's the orange one is an original. I get $250 plus shipping. As you can see they are dead on! I'll try one on a Duster maybe this weekend & get a pic. If anyone has an original to loan I can do them!

thank you for the pics, i can really see the difference now.

Volare / Aspen spoilers are different. On an A-body the trunk curves up at both sides where it meets the 1/4 panel. The F-body is flat across the trunk and 1/4 panels.

Wylde1.

yes , exactly. they are indeed F body specific. i didnt realize they are molded down the decklid.

Paul
im in the same boat. i would rather put a little work and time in to one on the cheap , than pay a grip of money for one that may need work any way. its probably going to need paint as well, so thats another 50 or so bucks on top of it.

I tried the F front on a 72 Demon over the weekend & was surprised it was as close as it was! This is a tube frame car with glass fenders but here are the pics. The rear spoiler tryout wasn't even worth a pic!

clones169.jpg

clones171.jpg

clones170.jpg

Just a thought but....you should probably start another thread for this. This kinda got off the original poster's topic...... :)

Over the winter or sooner I plan to make a mold.

-
Back