de-pin a headlight socket

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to de-pin the wires on a headlight socket for my 65 Valiant? I'm rebuilding my factory harness and replacing all the wires. Not sure how they come out.

Can't say for sure but most have a small tab that gets pushed down from the end that pushes into the matting connector.

rc18690x1__37274.1363719983.380.500.jpg

Screenshot_20201101-155713.png

Last edited:
Yep, I've already replaced all my wires from the bulkhead plug. Headlamp plug is a little different. Had to leave for work before I could figure it out.

Are you sure "you want to?" Anytime I've had to re-do headlight connectors, the terminals were the problem, and replace the complete connector

I replaced the red and black wire from the bulkhead connector and ran them out to the left headlight plug. The wires were so brittle that they would snap if bent. But I've decided to replace the rest of the harness with this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H5JFHR0/?tag=fabo03-20

The relays will take the load off of the headlight switch. I will splice this in and remove the plug.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

If the instructions tell you to hook it up for full battery power... RUN!!!! It is not designed with a Chrysler in mind.

Take the entire relay kit apart and make sure every connection is terminated properly.

Good luck with it.

-
Back