[WANTED] Dealer add on AC unit for 1970 Dodge Dart.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd1970Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
515BD405-F79D-4194-BBDE-3B360E9E4E43.png
564F414C-7ABE-403F-AD86-E8EC563F2B7C.png

I have a 1970 Dodge Dart 340 non AC car. I’m looking for a dealer Add On AC unit. I have seen this part posted on here a couple times but missed out on it. The pics I have attached are from those postings.

I have the "look alike" dealer add on unit. Has same profile and 3 vents as factory with its switches mounted in the blank fields between those vents. Pulled from a 71 Dart in 1990 after that slant 6 tossed a rod through the block. Laying around here since. I would need to check it out, power up its fan motor, before putting a price on it. It could be worth a hunert dollar bill.
PM me if interested.

I have the "look alike" dealer add on unit. Has same profile and 3 vents as factory with its switches mounted in the blank fields between those vents. Pulled from a 71 Dart in 1990 after that slant 6 tossed a rod through the block. Laying around here since. I would need to check it out, power up its fan motor, before putting a price on it. It could be worth a hunert dollar bill.
PM me if interested.
Can you post some pics when you get a chance? Is this all I would need to hook up ac or is It just the under dash unit?

Can you post some pics when you get a chance? Is this all I would need to hook up ac or is It just the under dash unit?
I have the under dash unit with expansion valve. It still has hoses attached but they're old, Should be replaced.
I have the condenser.
The York compressor, etc.., that was on the slant wouldn't have worked for my LA ( or yours ) so I didn't pull.

I have the under dash unit with expansion valve. It still has hoses attached but they're old, Should be replaced.
I have the condenser.
The York compressor, etc.., that was on the slant wouldn't have worked for my LA ( or yours ) so I didn't pull.
So I would need a compressor and new hoses anything else? Like to see some pics when you get a chance. I’m definitely interested.

So I would need a compressor and new hoses anything else? Like to see some pics when you get a chance. I’m definitely interested.
You'll need a dryer. You should ad a water cut off valve even if simply a hand operated ball gate valve from hardware store. Then blocking that small portion of the cooling system along with the added a/c condenser leads to needing a fan shroud. The added drive belt may require a different crank pulley, a tension idler pulley.
Wouldn't it be great if the under dash unit was all in one, like a household window unit? That's not the case.
I mentioned before that I have the condenser. I'll go ahead a mention a new dryer here. I may have a mounting bracket for it. Not sure what else I'll find here. Price suggested earlier was for the under dash unit alone.

You'll need a dryer. You should ad a water cut off valve even if simply a hand operated ball gate valve from hardware store. Then blocking that small portion of the cooling system along with the added a/c condenser leads to needing a fan shroud. The added drive belt may require a different crank pulley, a tension idler pulley.
Wouldn't it be great if the under dash unit was all in one, like a household window unit? That's not the case.
I mentioned before that I have the condenser. I'll go ahead a mention a new dryer here. I may have a mounting bracket for it. Not sure what else I'll find here. Price suggested earlier was for the under dash unit alone.
Post some pics of what you got when you get a chance.

Sorry to disappoint but this unit laid out there and ruined. Sprayed 2 wasps nests before pulling it out only to find the temp control knob wont turn. Previous owner had bypassed the failed resistor bank so fan runs high only. It would wash up and look good but electrically more trouble than its worth.

Your dealer add on unit should look something like this.

20150810_110008.jpg

20160809_192850.jpg

Is the under dash unit pic the one you have? And would it be hard to find the components to make it work? Sorry for all the dumb questions this is new to me trying to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back