Dealer Info Help

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
Well I've got the original window sticker being waved in my face like a jackass with a carrot so I was wondering if I could get some info on Fox Valley Dodge Inc in St. Charles, IL 60174 and The Automitive Precheck Corp 10101 S Stoney Iskand Chicago, IL 60617. These are what I could see on the old rather poor scan of the sticker.

First is the original:

Second is a clearer photoshopped one:

Really? I know there's some IL members on here, oh BTW, bump...

I can tell you where exactly the Los Angeles Assembly Plant was if you're interested ...

Seriously, if it's in LA I'll crap myself :D If you got an address run it by me, absolutly, I'm interested.

5800 S. Eastern
City of Commerce , Ca .

It was on the south-east corner of Eastern @ Slauson ; closed in July 1971 .

Thanks :D I looked it up. Pretty cool to see how things have changed.

Pretty strange that the car was built in LA and shipped to IL. Why didn't they just get one from Hamtramck? I have an original Hawaii car that was built in Hamtramck. You would figure it would have been cheaper to build it and ship it from LA.....go figure.

Pretty strange that the car was built in LA and shipped to IL. Why didn't they just get one from Hamtramck? I have an original Hawaii car that was built in Hamtramck. You would figure it would have been cheaper to build it and ship it from LA.....go figure.

Yeah right, well it probably has to do with obvoiusly what carlines were built where and what the work load at each factory was. That's my guess:coffee2:

Los Angeles built primarily for the SouthWest U.S.
As far as the same line of car ('A' , 'B' or 'E' bodies) being built in more than one plant ; I can only imagine that the L.A. facility took the slack for popular models that were not Special Orders (e.g. , certain "999" paint colours , special order trim / options , and-or 'B' Body police / fleet orders).

What didn't L.A. build ?
- Convertibles
- 426 Hemi (excepting , supposedly , 1967 GTX / Coronet RT )
- 1970 Dart ( all of those were built in the Windsor , Ontario plant for some reason ... maybe because the Duster and the 'E' bodies were incorporated in Hamtramck and St. Louis ?)
- Exports ( "Y09" / "I")

L.A. ostensibly built "49 State" vehicles (read: non-N95 cars) , in a similar vain to Van Nuys G.M. Plant building Pontiac 400 and 4-speed-with-V8 Camaro & Firebirds ; combos not available in Ca during the "Automotive Dark Ages : Mid-Late 70's"

So is my Dart an oddity if you said that LA didn't build them (usually)?

Not sure myself on all the Dart models, but I am certain that all of the 340 Swingers were Windsor-built "R"

grant

Los Angeles built primarily for the SouthWest U.S.
As far as the same line of car ('A' , 'B' or 'E' bodies) being built in more than one plant ; I can only imagine that the L.A. facility took the slack for popular models that were not Special Orders (e.g. , certain "999" paint colours , special order trim / options , and-or 'B' Body police / fleet orders).

What didn't L.A. build ?
- Convertibles
- 426 Hemi (excepting , supposedly , 1967 GTX / Coronet RT )
- 1970 Dart ( all of those were built in the Windsor , Ontario plant for some reason ... maybe because the Duster and the 'E' bodies were incorporated in Hamtramck and St. Louis ?)
- Exports ( "Y09" / "I")

L.A. ostensibly built "49 State" vehicles (read: non-N95 cars) , in a similar vain to Van Nuys G.M. Plant building Pontiac 400 and 4-speed-with-V8 Camaro & Firebirds ; combos not available in Ca during the "Automotive Dark Ages : Mid-Late 70's"
So you're saying that the LA plant didn't make Ca. cars? I'm pretty sure I have a couple that were but I'll have to verify. That doesn't make sense to me but car makers did some strange things. It does explain why my '66 Barracuda Hawaii car was not built there though. It's a special order car near as I can tell. Just for curiousity sake, what is the source of your info? Thanks, Mark

Ok well can anyone tell me about Fox Valley Dodge? Any info would be much apprieciated :D

To clarify :

- Los Angeles Plant did build Ca-destined cars (Cleaner Air Package , 1966-1969 ; "N95" , 1970 & 1971) ;

- Los Angeles built "49 State" cars ;

Los Angeles did not build :

- 426 Hemi (except , for whatever reason , 1967-only )

- Convertibles

I was ostensibly mistaken in my assertion that "all" 1970 Darts were built in Windsor , Ontario . However , I do know that the Swinger 340's were all built in Windsor for 1970 .

My sources ? Years of hands-on research , including being a Los Angeles-area native , and the subsequent finding of "C.A.P." / "N95" cars in the salvage yards .

Oh , and I'm the stupidest person you'll ever meet . For every one thing I know , there are at least 10 things which I don't know :angel12: .

-
Back