Death Proof the Movie

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
You guys gotta see this movie by Quentin Terintino maker of Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. It features a kickass car chase with hot chicks. The cars are a 68 or 69 Charger and a 70 Challenger just like the one from Vanishing Point. Awesome. Not to mention hot chicks. Perfect flick for Halloween. I just watched it tonight.

dave, did you see that challenger for sale at spring fling? the whole passenger side was wasted but he still wanted 9k.

still want to see the movie though.

I liked the cars and the first set of chicks.
The bar scene put me to sleep and the girls had vocabularies like a bunch of truck driving, fishernen, steelworker, hockey playing dock workers.

Kurt Russel has always been one of mt favorites.

I liked the dialogue of the deputies in the hospital, and did you notice the door posts on the challenger?

Its a good movie. I saw it when they had the "Grindhouse" double feature with that movie. The only part I liked was the car chase.

I guess I am a nit-picker, but : did anyone else notice that was the only Challenger in history that has window frames on the doors?? I noticed that once they were wrapping the belts around them before the crazy Kiwi chick took her insane ride on the hood. Every Challenger, and definately the one in "Vanishing Point" is a 2 door hardtop. I also thought the Vanishing Point car was Hemi, not 440/375hp car.

Aside from those details, I would rate it a 1.5 to 2 star movie. Nowhere near as good as Pulp Fiction.

Bob

PS: the part where they replay the head-on collision 4 times showing how each of the 4 girls dies was pretty cool effects .

I'm new to the board, so I don't know whether this movie has been discussed here.

At the risk of redundancy, just let me say that as much as I love MOPARS, I get weary of seeing one movie after another with nothing but B and E-body cars featured.

Was DUEL the last "A" body Mopar movie??? LOL!

Well, here's one for the rest of us...

"Highwaymen" is about a doctor who's trying to track down his wife's killer, who deliberately ran her down with a humongous Caddy ElDorado... or Toronado; can't remember which, but it is HUGE!!!

Our hero, the avenging doctor (played by car nut James Caviezel) drives, and I mean DRIVES, a '68 Hemi Barracuda Super Stock car (no kidding!) in his quest for justice.

I dunno who was the technical advisor on this picture, but he got MOST of it right, including the car-sounds... it really SOUNDS like a Hemi!

At one point, the door gets ripped off and a forensic engineer (cop) is examining the door for clues, and comes across the factory disclaimer (which I believe, was actually in the glove compartment of these cars) that says something like, "This car is for supervised acceleration trials and not for public highway use, etc." It was so cool....

The hood scoop looks fairly correct, but doesn't appear quite tall enough to be legit "Hemi." Also, they show some very limited underhood footage wherein you can see the battery beside the radiator.... not correct; wasn't it in the trunk on all these S/S cars?

At one point in the movie, he uses the line lock to do a burnout in front of a cop whose cruiser is pinned in, and can't get loose to chase him... LOL!

Lots of great visuals of this car... and Rhona Mitra provides considerable eye-candy of her own!

Everybody who loves Mopar A bodies should own this movie... It's not academy award material, for sure, but oh that Barracuda!!!! Turn up the sound! It was 2003 release.

You won't be disappointed.

Bill

i remember that car but did not know it was the car from the movie. it looked like a POS so I kept walking.

yeah the first 4 chicks were hot. the cheerleader was right up my alley though

Now that it's out on DVD, it goes from a good movie to a better movie after fast forwarding all the worthless talking.

I cringed to watch them tear up two classic Mopars but I guess that`s the price of entertainment. As Bill mentions, Highwaymen is another flick that trashes a classic Mopar. At least it wasn`t truly a `68 Hemi Barracuda, but it`s still hard to watch film makers smash `em up. Kurt Russell is a lot of fun to watch, especially in movies like Used Cars.

I got to see it in the theatres as the double feature also,I thought the first movie was a little better.What turned me off about death proof was the ending when Russel goes from a phsyco killer to a rambling baby and then theres the whole spice girls on steroid girl power scene lol!.I was really hoping for a tough car flick but it fizzled a little-I will say it was still entertaining though!.I agree they need to stop wrecking old iron,with todays special effects they shouldnt have to.BTW the vanishing point challenger was a 440 mag 4 speed-there were actaully four and there was a fifth challenger which was the camera car and it had a 383 auto,I think it is my favorite movie for car scenes although the best car chase for me was bullit.

I want to see death proof!!! I have only seen the other one. It was pretty cool. I saw it a few weeks ago at Mann's Chinese theater in hollywood when they were showing it for the DVD premier.

First I heard of Highway men.
I gotta check that out!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cheerleader.
Very naughty.

-
Back