Decipher this build sheet

-
Well, nobody's answered his request & I can't either. The aftermarket gauges hanging under the radio sure look tacky, though.
Gotta take your eyes WAY off the road to check 'em, too!

P.S. Ever heard the word "please"??

BC

working on it but it takes a few hours. It is not a clean copy, and on an angle, plus it is an early BC sheet. Want it decoded or just a basic breakdown?

Well, nobody's answered his request & I can't either. The aftermarket gauges hanging under the radio sure look tacky, though.
Gotta take your eyes WAY off the road to check 'em, too!

P.S. Ever heard the word "please"??

BC

Row one
Sequence Number: 7691027
SHIPPING ORDER NUMBER: 42106350 = April 21 (06350)
BODY: L32 = Dart 270
PAINT LB1? - BB1 Black mono tone
TRIM: H1R - Red bench seat
ENGINE (34 – 35): 31 = 273-4bbl Commando Engine
TRANS (36): 3 = 4spd Man Trans w/Hurst linkage v8
AXEL (37): 3 = 3.23 ratio
TIRES (38 – 39): 12 = 7.00 x 13 whitewall
AIR COND/ HEATER (40): 5 - 405 = heater w/defroster?

Line 2
441 am radio
442 whl-house/skirt/misc
467 rear arm rests?
481 Wheel cover (48 ) 1 481 = deluxe wheel covers
53- 9 539 = var-speed wipers w/washers
54- 1 541 = tinted glass all

Line 3
611 (1) = undercoat includes under hood pad
618 (8 ) = basic seat belt
63 (L) Shocks
64 (1) carpet/mat/ licence fr/ applique
65 (2) ncs/ sold/ show finish
UDF paint code - T = Spanish red
BUILD CODES
ENGINE - 809
PINION – 57

LINE 4
TRANS -65
AXLE -338
WHEEL – 1
RAD – 59
PROP SHAFT – 23
REAR SPRING – 20
STEERING COLUMN ASSY - C7
STEERING WHEEL HORN RING – C7
BRKAE CLUTCH PEDAL ASSY – 11
WHEEL COVERS – 77
TORSION BAR - 12

Owner says its a 65 270, 2734V, 4speed

Accordind to my referrnce materials this vehicle was originally equipped with a 273/235 motor (31) with a 4 speed (363) 7.00x13 whitewall tires (12) bench seat in red (H1R) and is a 65 Dart 270. Hope this answers your questions.

sent from my iPhone

Rocky and Dartman, that's what I am trying to determine. I guess I've never seen a 273-4V and a 4speed in a 270 model, but I guess this proves they do exist. Trying to make an offer on the car, as it needs paint.

Rocky. as for line 3 Build codes:
The sheet says this:
ENGINE - 821
PINION – 60

And you posted this:
ENGINE - 809
PINION – 57

Am I missing something?

On the first line I do see the A Series 1965 Engine 34 and 35 where is says 31. I'm used to seeing this on a fender tag, but have yet to see this car's fender tag.

The original color, he tells me is Black, with Red interior. he's done the interior, and was going to paint it, but just wants out of the car now.

nope, my bad flying between 4 screens and 2 books and a clean copy of sheet to reference. 821 and 60 it is.

Rocky and Dartman, that's what I am trying to determine. I guess I've never seen a 273-4V and a 4speed in a 270 model, but I guess this proves they do exist. Trying to make an offer on the car, as it needs paint.

Rocky. as for line 3 Build codes:
The sheet says this:
ENGINE - 821
PINION – 60

And you posted this:
ENGINE - 809
PINION – 57

Am I missing something?

On the first line I do see the A Series 1965 Engine 34 and 35 where is says 31. I'm used to seeing this on a fender tag, but have yet to see this car's fender tag.

The original color, he tells me is Black, with Red interior. he's done the interior, and was going to paint it, but just wants out of the car now.

Per the information I have, of the 2819 270 2 dr hardtops made, 591 were equipped with the 273 4 barrel motor and of that number 271 had the 4 speed. Kind of rare!

It also likely has a accessory group package(s).

Basic -

radio am push button w/ antenna, Var speed wipers w/ washers, outside left mirror manual, day / night inside rear view.

Performance -

Commando - 8 cyl 273 4-bbl engine
Suspension Package - H.D. rear springs, Torsion bar and sway bars

that is not a 64/65 interior in the car that is 66 but they made so many diff. interiors for these cars I have a 65 interior in black if your interested shipping would be a problem
but I have had guys come fron Georgia ,Indiana ,ten,minnisota I had a car shipped to me out Idaho for 750.00 gr8 price but its how bad do you want a part ive driven 6 hours 1 way hope you get it figured out

if that's supposed to be a barracuda it is a Canadian built or Mexican leaning twards canadian

Here's a picture of the car. Its in the middle of getting all of the bodywork done, then I would get to paint it.

I moved the original post pictures, and don't see an option to edit the first post any longer. Well, the deal is going through, waiting for the current owner to get all the bodywork done, then I'll bring it home and paint it the original black color. Hopefully by the end of June.

-
Back