Decisions Decisions...color For The Ragtop??

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi I am trying to figure out what to go with color wise on my 69 ragtop barracuda. The resto guy says go the original color which was an F8 dark metallic green. Now i am not totally keen on the color, but the resto guy said because its such a low production #....not bragging, just letting you guys know as to whether to go with a color that wouldnt be my favorite, or with something else. He said that with all the purists out there that I should stick original. So he gave me his paint card for the weekend to decide. Plus a Sikkens 2009 catalog to flip thru. What do you think...is it worth going the orig color??? I was going to play with some stripes or something.....kinda like the ghost stripes on some of the cop cars up here...you can only see them on an angle. I dont want to send it in for a repaint 5 years down the road. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a program that i can pull from the net to be able to play with the colors of a photo of a 69 ragtop?? I have included a pic of the same car...only nicer. Hopefully someone can help me make up my damned mind!! Also whats everyones opinions on Sikkens paint?? Thanks for all the input!!

!BiP+op!!2k~$(KGrHqQOKiIEsnYNCid2BLN8YNd0QQ~~_3 (Medium).jpg

!BiP+9K!!mk~$(KGrHqIOKjQEsmnWIpOKBLN8ZWFcvw~~_3 (Medium).jpg

I was thinking the B5 blue, he was doing a beautiful road runner up there in B5 and it looked gorgeous, but I see a lot of B5 out there, and I am leaning more towards a color that isnt so common. I liked the idea of black, cuz the interior is black from factory, so I really can go any color I like and I just liked the thoughts of black, black, black, with some "ghost" stripes.
Thanks!!

Boy.........tough call...........I love the black rags on the early Cuda, but that dark green sounds intriguing ...........I'm not sure I can help on that one, except to say I'd probably go with the black because they just look great, especially when new and taken care of........

If you're gonna keep the car, use the color that will make YOUR eyes pop! (and don't worry about the purists).

In the big scheme of things, paint the car whatever color makes you happy. With that being said, the only question I would ask myself is, "Am I planning on keeping this car for avery long time or is there a possibilty I may sell it"?

If there is a possibility ofselling it down the road, you may want to consider what you will be losing if it is not the original color. Good luck.

I cant ever see myself selling it....I am shivering right now visioning my kids getting smart enough to get their own ignitions switch and keys!!!LOL, anyone know of a photochop program for 0 dollars where I can play with colors and stripes on the pics??

steve, i would think oem color would do the resto top marks. that's imo, but hey your wheels, do what you think will make you happy. how about candy floss pink? :cheers:

I'm kind of partial to a car in the original color no matter what the original was. I've got a gold car and I sure wouldn't buy a new car in gold. But I like it because that's how Mopar made it. I actually like the green for your car. There was an older lady (probably about 30) when I was in high school who had a green Gran Coupe with the black top and I always thought it looked awesome.

If you don't like the green and the car is REALLY straight go with black. Absolutely my favorite color car.

And as has been mentioned it IS your car so do what pleases you. Pick what will make you smile every time you see it!

You can never go wrong with the stock color combination, everyone goes with red and blue so be different and go stock.

Everyone wanted me to change the color of the fish but I went stock anyway and now I get more positive comments about the color choice than anything else on the car. Most of these old colors do look boring until you see them fresh out of the gun and then it's like a totally different color.

One thing you have to think of is the car will look dated in 5 years if you go with something custom, even if it is mild.

You'll never go wrong if you keep the original green and it will look stunning when it's repainted.

GO with white top and interior and FM3 paint. Or black top and interior with FM3 paint

Please,please,please..no purple!!Ontario is filled with to many purple Mopars!Anything but!Silver with white top!Classy!

-
Back