Decisions...How to move forward on this

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
FABO I need some help. My dilemma is this. I bought a 70' 340 Duster and have since acquired a V-24 code 71 340 Duster. The 71 is a keeper for sure as I have been working my way around it. The issue is the 70. It is a real 340 car, has the numbers matching motor, fender tag and rallye dash. Otherwise just a shell. I have acquired a trunk lid, doors, hood, grill, taillights and seat cores. The inside has the headliner bows, sail panels etc. Just missing seats, which I have from a 71 Duster. It needs a trunk floor, floor pan patches, quarters and fenders to round out the front clip. The 8 3/4 was long gone but I have a 7 1/4 to get it rolling as well as put the drums from my V-24 car on front so I can move it. It is a manual steer car. NOW THE ISSUE

I don't "NEED" two 340 cars. they are essentially the same car. Do I take on this project or sell/trade for something different? Maybe a 71' Scamp to match my 71' Duster? Or a 73 Dart Sport as I used to have one in HS. This is not a for sale/trade ad by any means, just a mopar guy who is perplexed by what decision to make. Thanks for all inputs my FABO family

Floyd

Damn Floyd...You lucky ba$tard :D:D:D.

I don't know what shape the 71' is in, but I can completely understand you going that route. My neighbor had a brand new Lemon Twist 70' 318 car. That thing lit up the whole neighborhood when it was clean...lol.

70' cars are my favorites of the Dusters, but even if the rails and pans are solid, that car needs a ton of work. Seeing the engine with the manifolds still on it brings a tear to my eye...lol.

I suppose you should let it go, unless you want to store it at my house.....even though I'm 1500 miles away :D.

Honestly, I don't know if it's worth the time and $$$ to bring it back to stock, but please make sure it goes to someone that will save it...modified, race or whatever. :thumbrig:

Damn Floyd...You lucky ba$tard :D:D:D.

I don't know what shape the 71' is in, but I can completely understand you going that route. My neighbor had a brand new Lemon Twist 70' 318 car. That thing lit up the whole neighborhood when it was clean...lol.

70' cars are my favorites of the Dusters, but even if the rails and pans are solid, that car needs a ton of work. Seeing the engine with the manifolds still on it brings a tear to my eye...lol.

I suppose you should let it go, unless you want to store it at my house.....even though I'm 1500 miles away :D.

Honestly, I don't know if it's worth the time and $$$ to bring it back to stock, but please make sure it goes to someone that will save it...modified, race or whatever. :thumbrig:

Kind of a good dilemma to have right? lol! My 71' is in great shape. I just put new legendary stuff inside it, rebuilt the trans and rear. Also has the shark tooth. It will get a repaint down the road to bring it up to snuff but it's an eye catcher. I have a thread on it somewhere...the 70' does need floor repair but the tails are solid as they can be. It was surprisingly solid for sitting like it is. The kicker for me was that engine with manifolds, kind of a hard one to find these days. If I don't sell it I will def make sure it makes it's way back on the streets to terrorize pony cars 😁 I do think a scamp would compliment my 71' though, lol! Maybe I'll put an ad in the for sale/trade in a couple of weeks once I'm able to get it rolling and some metal attached....

Personally I would keep the best(rust-free body),its only original once and mechanical parts can be replaced easily.JMO

Sell both cars and get out of the money pit hobby.

Sell both cars and get out of the money pit hobby.

My 71' is by no means a money pit. This 70? Maybe so but its never a bad thing to have. Here is a picture of the 71' I have. Someone put a DC spoiler and a hood scoop on it. But I have good sheet metal to go in place

Super nice Floyd!!!

That's my personal favorite as far as the hood goes. I agree though, that I'd lose the spoiler. Just my taste's.

-
Back