Dedicated Mopar Son

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
As a concerned father, I'm not to sure what to make of it overall. Rian, my Son want's the new Challenger so bad he can taste it. :love5: (If it even hits the streets). He left his $14.00 an hour job in BC to go work on the oil rigs in the Edmonton area. He's twenty-two and has made up his mind on proving he will be behind the wheel of a Hemi. If anyone's got any luck for him, I will pass your thoughts.

P.S. Looks like "I" will have to baby his Duster while he's gone :notworth:

Good Luck Rian....Dad :thumblef:

scan0003.jpg

pic4.JPG

Hey Dad you tell your son to be careful, if you haven't already. I'm up in Edmonton right now putting together 2 compressor packages, the biggest ever in North America, for Fort McMurray. If he's looking for a job here he won't have a problem especially if he's chasing a trade. If he's going to work rigs he really needs to take the training at Nisku that teaches the art

demon seed said:
Hey Dad you tell your son to be careful, if you haven't already. I'm up in Edmonton right now putting together 2 compressor packages, the biggest ever in North America, for Fort McMurray. If he's looking for a job here he won't have a problem especially if he's chasing a trade. If he's going to work rigs he really needs to take the training at Nisku that teaches the art

Thanks demon seed, he's been in Nisku all week training with Ensign. Got all his certs today :thumblef:

Good luck! Hope all stays well for your son.

If you need help with the Duster, just let me know.

Your boy sounds like he's got his priorities straight. Wish him luck for me. :salut:

When I was about 19 (mid 80's) I almost bought a 1968 Javelin for $800, it was decent, but my Dad talked me out of it, instead he suggested a van that I needed for work. Yes, I always loved my van and I did need it for work, but I've always regretted not getting that Javelin and kinda blame him. He's not a car guy.

From then on all I ever drove was a cargo van...I didn't get my first "car", my '65 Barracuda until I was 32!

I only HOPE my son grows up wanting a cool car and is willing to go work his *** off to earn it. Can you imagine walking into a dealer and buying a brand spanking new Hemi Challenger, of any vintage? That's gotta be a cool thought. Personally I think he should spend him money on something vintage, but that's his choice.

Anyhow, just my thoughts...
Neil

Jimmy, all the best to Rian here in AB. Now, about looking after that Duster for him....I'm only 2 hours SE of Edmonton, so you could just drop it at my place. You know, in case he gets lonesome and wants to see his Duster every now and then. :thumblef:

OldVart said:
Jimmy, all the best to Rian here in AB. Now, about looking after that Duster for him....I'm only 2 hours SE of Edmonton, so you could just drop it at my place. You know, in case he gets lonesome and wants to see his Duster every now and then. :thumblef:

Thanks Sid, Not really sure what his plans are about the car during the summer. "I think" he's just using his Yukon up there and taking the Duster off the road all together for awhile.
Jim :thumblef:

The heck with the new Challenger I will take his Duster. Its a Mopar family like mine. Good luck to your son. Ron

The oilfield is rolling and they have cash! I'm 2 1/2 hours west of edmonton and the OilField only showed up her in the last year and a half and they did it with a bang. Or sleepy town is like a city and the dealership I work at is overwhelmed with oil trucks. Busy busy and money to be had. Just be careful! Theres been a few deaths and mostly cause by poor driveign choices on the backroads.

My son is 16 and will only drive mopars :salut: , he started with a 90 Daytona and now is currently driving a 02 Neon R/T. For him its Mopar Or No Car :salut: The Demon we are working on together is his mothers car (wink, wink) but he will probably drive the car more than she does :toothy2:
My daughter thinks she wants a VW bug for her first car so she is still in :pottytra: cordially Tony

71Duster said:
The oilfield is rolling and they have cash! I'm 2 1/2 hours west of edmonton and the OilField only showed up her in the last year and a half and they did it with a bang. Or sleepy town is like a city and the dealership I work at is overwhelmed with oil trucks. Busy busy and money to be had. Just be careful! Theres been a few deaths and mostly cause by poor driveign choices on the backroads.

Thanks for the backroad driving advice 71Duster, Ill pass on to him :salut:

Hi Everyone

I'm sorry to intrude on your thread with something not related, but I'm new to the Mopar world and thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction. :notworth:

Does anyone know where I can get a set of OEM style spark plug wires (whitaker used to have the correct ones that have a 2 inch dust shield molded into the spark plug cap) for a 1963 Dodge Signet, slant six? (same as Dodge Valiant) I already checks Layson's Restorations.... :sad9:

I also need a hood insulation pad and the rubbers for the back edge of the door glass (2 door, convertible) and a trunk seal.

The card board insert for the glove box would be great too.

Thanks, Tom :salut:

69Signet

Theres usually hours of gravel roads to some of the rigs, they try and make a race out of it some days I think, I've seen many a rolled truck a few others that missed the single lane foresty bridges. The latest death a friend of my brothers drives a truck hauling oil, he wa son the cb to his dad and watched some f-150 hauling *** down the road. He felt something hit his truck. The trucks engine was in the cab. He rearended the tanker truck going who knows how fast the driver and his dad who got there quickly pulled him from the cab but he died 5hrs later. Needless to say the truck driver was very shook up about it. Dont be Mario Andretti being home 10mins sooner isn't worth it.

71Duster said:
69Signet

Theres usually hours of gravel roads to some of the rigs, they try and make a race out of it some days I think, I've seen many a rolled truck a few others that missed the single lane foresty bridges. The latest death a friend of my brothers drives a truck hauling oil, he wa son the cb to his dad and watched some f-150 hauling *** down the road. He felt something hit his truck. The trucks engine was in the cab. He rearended the tanker truck going who knows how fast the driver and his dad who got there quickly pulled him from the cab but he died 5hrs later. Needless to say the truck driver was very shook up about it. Dont be Mario Andretti being home 10mins sooner isn't worth it.

Thanks again for the saftey tip "before" getting to work info. I hope he's got a higher IQ then most to race on grit roads. :wack: I can't be a fly on the dash but I'll give him a blast anyways (just because he's young). :-k

-
Back